Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How did you get into the CB7 Accord scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you get into the CB7 Accord scene

I confess I didn't always have a fondness for the accord let alone take notice of the CB7 model.

Yep, I have firstly been a Honda Prelude fan (3rd Gen) 4ws due to the sharp smart look, aero dynamic pointy sporty front like Knight Rider, the indented bonnet like a super car and the ultra unique 4 wheels steering feature. Bought 3 of them in a row and still have 2 of them.. Lol.

I could only afford one car at the time (being young) and so I didn't take notice with the family car "Accord".

That started to changed when my brother wanted to get into Honda (coming from a Toyota Camry background - for well over 8 years) as he was impressed with the Prelude and sold him the idea of going Honda. He however specifically sought an accord. I toyed in the idea if I was in the same position what car would be my next choice in the Honda line up.

I then remembered that there was a 4ws Accord and would be the closest I could get to my prelude. I could get the 4ws uniqueness of the Prelude the similar feel and power everything including sunroof etc but in a 4 door variety. How nice it would be as a compliment to my Prelude.

The definitive moment was when I came accross my JDM 4ws 2.0 Si Genuine import at a Junk Yard. It had a slight hit at the front and was to be dismantled. At the rear it was so clean I thought it was a customers car.

I enquired who's car that was and the wreckers said it was to be dismantled. I viewed it and found it was a JDM import with climate control, power fold mirrors, air bag, traction control, wall to wall velour etc etc. I was smitten.

Lucky I have a very good relationship with the wreckers and they offered to sell it to me for cost price. It was so unique and the deal was so good I couldn't pass the oportunity. I fell in love with the look and feel and quality, comfort for a car that I had not noticed previously and the all the JDM goodies just got me hook line and sinker.

I closed the deal and in closer inspection a week later I found out it was a 4ws version (JDM version doesnt have 4ws tags like the prelude and nor does it have it on the steering wheel emblem, pillars or anywhere). It was a diamond in disguise. That just cemented my feeling for the car and so glad I had made that purchase. Since then I was a CB7 fan.

My Dad fell in love with it too and couldn't wait to drive it. My Dad always loved my prelude but with age it became harder and harder to get in and out of. It opened my eyes that one day I may feel the same and this accord will serve as a practical purchase in the future (and still provide a feel reminiscent of the Prelude in later years).

It so happen that a deal came by for a AUDM top of the range CB7 Accord (leather, sunroof, 4ws etc) for a steal. I know I wouldn't get to fix the JDM any time soon so I ended up buying him this bargain. We were now officially CB7 fans.

On a side note: Incase you were wondering. I proposed for my brother to buy a 4ws Accord since he liked my Prelude but he ended up buying a CD Accord. He fell for the newer shape (also top of the range with leather etc) and it was a good price. Full history and the history was all 100% dealer serviced (not just a licensed mechanic) so he purchased that instead. We were now all Honda owners.
    Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-19-2012, 11:11 PM.
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Traded my Crx for mine but always liked the way they looked. I really like 88-91 honda line up. I've owned a mint 89 yellow prelude si, 90 yellow crx si, 89 crx dx, 91 ef hatch dx, 90 ef hatch dx and now my 90 cb7 sedan. I like the way the cars were built within those years.
    My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

I Always wanted a wagon, and limited it down to 2 choices, 5 series or cb9. After owning a 3 series coupe...damn sure didn't want another 90s BMW. So the cb9 it was

Comment

great story bro! I got into the car scene because some of my friends all drove hondas in high school and raced each other..while I had no license til graduation time. As a graduation present, I got passed down a used car from my oldest sister. It was a 97 Galant ES, auto. I didnt make alot of money right after high school so i hooked it up with simple mods..tinted tails and sound system. I had an accident a year later, which wasnt my fault. I got some money from it. My brother sold me his 93 cb7, black EX. Thats when it got all crazy and I got really into the car scene. Modded the cb7 with every paycheck I got and I loved cb7's ever since. I blew the motor and ended up buying a 99 accord. Then out of my love for the cb7, I sold it and bought my 93 coupe. And here I am now..on this site lol
        Last edited by buzz11; 07-19-2012, 11:19 PM.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
        My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
        Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

2001 i bought my first cb7 1990 sedan EX...fell in love... 2010 found a 91 cb9 for 900$, swapped in a 2000 prelude base and never looked back

Comment

I got into it about a year when i first got my cb7. My brother gave it to me for free. It didn't go reverse. Couple of months later i got my license and swapped the transmission. Its my first car and I've already been through hard times with it especially after it was stolen from me

Comment

I first got into the Honda scene when I was about 5 or 6. My dad had an ej1 that I thought was the nicest thing ever. It was during the Fast & Furious days but he already was into the JDM scene. Clean, red coupe, lowered on enkie's and a CF hood with pins. Nice Si tails and a nice ride. Just now found out from a friend that it also had 400 HP to the wheels. I wish I could have asked him about it now but since he passed years ago I can only rely on his friends.

After saving up $1300 from selling old stuf I had, I began looking march of last year (I didn't even have my permit yet). Right before school ended I found a clean 91 5 speed coupe. I joined here looking for motivation and inspiration to what I could make of it. Saw 1 of crazymikey's builds and I believe Viet_kid's cb7 & I tried to buy the one I found. Guy flakes out so I didn't look at an accord again until school almost started and I wanted a car ASAP. I had my eye on it for a while. Started at $2200 and after a month (1st of august) I saw it for $1150. I message the guy (he's coming from chula vista) and told him to meet me by the train station so he could have a ride back home. So the day finally came and I test drive it and felt more power than I expected from a honda. I knew there were flaws but all he said was the AC didn't work & rear window didnt move. So I bought it without getting anything checked out, took it to a mechanic and he told me it would cost $3000 to fix all the problems. I thought about selling it then and there but I saw hope in her.

So I kept it and slowly worked on the things I could to fix it. After about 6 months I got my license and fixed almost everything else and started modding. I fell in love the first time I drove her by myself. Raced some dude in a mustang that same 1st night out and beat him, I've been modding ever since then. Funny thing is, out of everything I put into the car, I still haven't fixed the AC or rear window :P
              1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
              For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

My buddy was gonna buy another civic but it was not at the dealership cuz it was getting fixed.While driving around i pointed out 2 accords in the lot across the street.Both were manual, one was a burgundy lx coupe with a sunroof and bumpin ass sound system.(243k miles)Guy wanted 2200 for it . And the other one was seattle silver 4 door lx.the motor was dirty,paint was faded and had no clear coat completely, door panel cloth was hanging and it had a small rust hole but the car only had 76k on the clock!he wanted 1500 but i got him down to 1000 with my usual bitching and moaning.He bought the faded one and drove it home himself without knowing how to drive stick.At night since i still had an auto car we would practice together at about 1 am in the morning driving on the highways and streets taking turns stalling.HGe used to let me drive it to school since i had crashed my car and i fell in love with how much space it had and the ride quality at stock height.5 months later a napa truck slammed into the back of him totalling the car and since it had only 82k when hit he got a 4200 dollar check because they considered it mint.
                Since i was looking for another car i seen this one for about a grand I called the guy up and told him im gonna buy the car without question. when i got there i was disappointed because it was in such a ratty condition but the guy let it go for 800 to me and i was happy with her.My first trip to the junkyard and i got the front and rear seats ,all door panels,dash bezel, weather stripping,window trim with clips,speakers,radio,shift knob and carbon fiber boot,door handles, both headlights and sidemarkers,tail lights,and 4 power window switches. All for a whopping 55 dollars

Comment

Back when i was 20 i was tired of seeing all these civics and wanted something different but still honda. So after days of searching i found and fell in love with my very first car i ever bought by my self. Still think this year is the best body style out of all the accords that have been made. Just love the lines. and how everything flows on her.

Comment

I was in my early 20's and I was just getting into the import scene after watching the fast and the furious. Then I said to myself the honda scene is where it's at since I didnt fit in with most of the meatheads with mustangs. It seem to me that the scene for domestics was out because of the unity the way of life in the domestic scene just wasnt there and it wasnt strong enough.

Soon after that I began to look for a 92-95 civic hatch or 4door but I coudlnt find one becuase everyone knew the value of the long life of these cars and and charged a high ass price for them so I said fuck it. I told myself im going to buy a car it had better be a 5-speed or bust thats it. So I came across a 92 honda accord pristine as can be she ran well and everything I wanted out of her was more than my girlfriend had to offer at the time so I took her.

Then I moved on towards putting all kinds of ricey shit on my car from a wing to altezza tailights and thoseprojector headlights damn the visibility on those wasn't shit. Then I started looking for power adders.I started out with the zex nitrous kit that only lasted but for so long I wopped the head of the motor and warped the valves.

The valves look like cookie monster got to the shit before its lunch-break. I left the nitrous shit alone because it was costly and I knew nothing about nitrous and fuel mixture towards the air to fuel ratio guage which could have helped me out a great deal.

Then I got my motor swapped from some shady individuals then I started doin my own swaps and taking care of my own car. Then I met deev and that is how I ended up here. Do I regret all of this no because if I did I would have never came across such great and vast knowledge that I have now.

I love it when people or mechanics supposedly think they know the issues to my car when I already been there and done it already since I specialize in that one particular car that I have gotten to know in and out over the years. Im sure everyone can relate.

Comment

I bought my CB back in May. I had a 240sx that a friend wanted back in December.
                      We agreed he would pay me after his check came, he blew the headgasket and never had the money so I was out $1500 and had no car for 5 months.

I lived and worked on campus at my university so it honestly wasn't a big deal. May came around and I was getting my own apartment away from campus so I needed a car to get to work and school within two weeks. I was all over his case and things got really heated and I eventually got the money, but had literally 3 days to find a car before I had to start back to work. I called everyone on craigslist, from s10's to civics and on sunday the day before i had to go back to work I saw a Cb accord pop up for sale. I've always loved honda's, but not particularly the Cb. I always thought of it was ugly and kind of a grandma car, but it was decent priced, pretty clean, so I called and set up a time to look at it. It went well and i bought it that day for $1300. I knew nothing about the car and was talking to a friend on the way home from buying it asking what lug pattern I was and what engine I had. haha

Later I discovered this site and started seeing what all can be done with them and I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I like how it's not super played out and it's easy to stand out which is pretty hard in the honda world. So I guess I got into the CB7 scene by accident. I was just wanting a reliable daily and ended up with something actually pretty dope.
                      Street-Spec

Comment

ive always loved hondas, ive owned a gsr swapped EJ6, a Si EF, and a DA integra. i wanted something cheap, different, and not B or D powered. my friend had a shell for cheap, so i bought it to toy with.

Comment

I kinda stumbled into it.
                          I was looking for something to do after I got hurt and could not work anylonger.
                          The guy across the street had a Frost White 93 Accord ex 5spd in his yard, So I bought the car from him for 150.00 and pulled it out of the yard.
                          well after tons of money and ton of fun! I sold the car to a buddy and now I roll my Ody
                          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

A general in the Dominican Republic had one which was the sickest one I've ever seen. Had like 5000 watts in speakers. The center console was all clean plastic with lighting inside it. It said VTEC on the motor which makes me think it had an H22. Ever since i decided i wanted one just like it.

After graduating and deciding to to to UTI my mom told me she was going to buy me a Mustang. Never happened so i started coeaning stores with a friend and made $500 over the summer. I then went to an auction and there she was. It had 20" rims and a fart can but it was $300 so i knew i can work with it.

Now its the time for me to give back to her.
                            10th Anniversary Accord.
                            05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

i have always been into cars....from 4x4s to lowriders to imports.....the cb, my girl gave it to me to drive to work everyday when she bought her new civic in 08.....this is what it has become.....lol
                              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Working...
                              X