Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Nos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nos

how is the nos on a f22, cause nos is like a really hot chick with a STD, you wanna hit it but your scared what will happen.

Nos is a brand name...of energy drink...as well as some automotive parts. It is a pet peeve of tuners to some extent...not an annoyance to others.

But you mean nitrous oxide right?
    (of course you do...)

It all depends on what you have done to your engine, it's age, condition...how you setup the system and how well you tune it.

If all are done well and in good shape the f22 could take some abuse...this is really a highly relative question and difficult to answer without knowing what you plan to do with your engine.

Same with boost...there are all stock higher mileage f22's being boosted and lasting a very long time...then there are engines in the same condition being boosted equally lasting a few days to a few moments. It is highly relative to your abilities and/or those of the tuner. Sorry mate...not an easy question...more details on your planned build/setup WOULD help you get a...better answer
    ____

Comment

Nitrous is the safest, cheapest, hp/dollar ratio power adder out there. A healthy stock f22 should be able to take a dry 50 shot with no problems at all, but if your compression isn't fairly even across all four cylinders, or you want to FnF it up and you get push button spray and spray at the wrong time, you could blow the motor easily. Look around the forum. We have a big kid section dedicated to Nitrous Oxide. You can't post there yet, but you can read and learn.

And like bc said. NOS is an energy drink named after the name Nitrous Oxide Systems. It's also used to indicate "New, Old Stock" meaning an unused car part that was manufactured a long time ago.

I'm one of those tuner that as a pet peeve about people calling nitrous oxide nos or naws. It's only NOS if it says it on the bottle or solenoids. I personally have a Cold Fusion Nitrous Oxide Systems wet shot.

Like a hot chick with an STD, if you're not man enough to prepare to hit it correctly and safely and then deal with the consequences, leave it alone.

First priority for you should be Intake, Header, Exhaust, the usual bolt ons. then worry about going on the bottle.

Comment

Check the condition of your engine. Do a compression and leakdown test. Fix any oil leaks. If your CEL is on, pull the code and fix any issues. Replace all wear items, such as spark plugs, ignition components, oxygen sensor. If your car is manual, replace the clutch if it'd old, as the extra torque from the nitrous will kill it quickly. If you are automatic, change your fluid with Honda ATF ONLY, and add a secondary transmission cooler. Be sure your brakes and suspension are in good shape, ESPECIALLY if you plan on playing with nitrous on public roads (which isn't smart, but I can't say I wouldn't do it myself...)

If your engine is healthy, you're good to go. Get a quality nitrous system (ZEX is actually the most idiot-proof one on the market), and start with no more than a 50 shot. A stock F22A in good health could most likely take a 75 shot, but you shouldn't start with that. Run a bottle at a 50 shot first to be sure the engine is going to hold up. Any higher than 75, you're running a significiantly higher risk of damage.
        I would also suggest a dry kit over a wet kit. Single fogger wet kits tend to result in seriously different a/f ratios across the cylinders. Dry is just fine for anything under a 100 shot.

Be sure you get the proper heat range spark plugs. Running higher octane fuel woudln't hurt either.

NOS is indeed a brand name, but like Kleenex, it has become popular as a universal term. Although it irks me as well. The good thing is, anyone who says "NOS" for every nitrous oxide system instantly labels themselves as someone who knows nothing about the subject... which is a good thing. There's nothing wrong with identifying ignorance right off the bat!

Comment

Working...
        X