Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Some questions about CB7 running HIDs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions about CB7 running HIDs.

So i've been looking through the forums to see some pictures of cb7's with HIDs, but i havent seen much with the pictures of them shining on the road with reflectors instead of projectors. Can anyone link me to them or post them up?

Also, im thinking about putting on 9006 6000k HID's for my low beams using relfectors but...im not sure if i should do it since some of the members on here says that it's better to do a retrofit.

Any answers or opinions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

P.S. im planning to do a HID conversion kit.
    Last edited by Aojiru; 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM.

wat?

Comment

Is that with the bulbs aiming down or just normal?

btw...what does stock housing mean...? LOL....
      Last edited by Aojiru; 02-28-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

HIDs in stock lights
        wat?

Comment

oh i see...well, are you happy with your HID's with reflectors?

Comment

Originally posted by Aojiru View Post
            oh i see...well, are you happy with your HID's with reflectors?
            No, Projectors are way better.
            wat?

Comment

looks like i wont be using hid's then...thanks

Comment

I have hids in my stock lights and its alright. It's WAYYY better than any stock halogen bulb. But get projectors for the ultimate light output.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Aojiru View Post
                  Also, im thinking about putting on 9006 6000k HID's for my low beams using relfectors but...im not sure if i should do it since some of the members on here says that it's better to do a retrofit.
                  Well HID's always work better in a retrofit, cuz as u can see the light is all scattered around in the stock housing versus a projector where the light is nice and uniform. I would get them regardless cuz they produce way more light then halogen (just aim correctly so u ain't blinding everybody).

Comment

ah...i see. alright, then i guess i'll pick them up at www.xenondepot.com Volt's seems to be a good choice, do you all agree?

Comment

There are so many different companies selling HID kits these days its really just up to u. I have always bought mines off Ebay. Regardless of how many cats diss Ebay I've never had a problem with any of the HID kits I've bought.

Comment

HID projectors

i have projectors with 6k HID's and they are amazing.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCUBTCOb3s

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                          and this is why projectors art the only way to go, soooooo much glare...

Comment

Yeah, housings made for halogen bulbs will throw the HID light all over the place. It'll look terrible, you'll blind oncoming traffic, and everyone will think you're a ricer.

Decent projectors aren't all that expensive anymore, and a retrofit really isn't that hard to do. Two of my friends have done it, and neither of them are more than average in terms of doing such things. Both sets came out great. Just take your time, follow directions, and you'll end up with a nice projector retrofit that you can be proud of.

Comment

Thats the reason i got projectors, i hate the glare from people that just shove them into stock housings.

Plus it looks badass.

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X