Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

painting windshield wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

painting windshield wipers

Just wanted to know if anyone has painted the windshield wipers a different color, if so then what are the procedures of doing so

i've painted them black once but the paint started peeling again, i'm thinking to sand them and polish them and leave them to crome status

Comment

i just took my arms off, took them upstairs, sanded and painted them flat black

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
        x2 3yrs later an no peeling
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

what grit did you use , and what brand of paint ?

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
          - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

i dont know what grit, but just enough to slightly rough it up and 98 cent wal-mart spray paint

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
              x2 3yrs later an no peeling
              same here.. i used kylon high temp paint with 100 grit i also remove the thing for the snow looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                i've painted them black once but the paint started peeling again, i'm thinking to sand them and polish them and leave them to crome status
                I thought about doing that before, but then I drove my girls civic and the paint had all peeled off the arms, they would blind you when the sun hit them the right way. Dangerous.

Get a red scotchbrite pad from Autozone or where ever, and scuff the arms up. Then paint them and the paint should stay on for a long time.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d.../DSC003611.jpg
                  YO just for u..haha..looks like they painted the wipers flat black too..
                  Last edited by Fred0288; 03-23-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

haha i took them off and sanded them with 120 and painted them with high temp paint cause thats all i had.. than i just put clear over it and it looks like new
                    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

yah i have done this before...sand, primer, paint, clear...lasted a long time.

Comment

hmmmm i might do this with mine the chrome is getting faded...

Comment

Definitely need to do that. I'm tired of my chrome/silver wiper arms.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

We did mine not too long ago, but it's already starting to fade with some silver showing through again.
                            I need to wait til I'm sure it's not going to rain for a while and redo them.
                            2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                            1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                            1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                            1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                            1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                            1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                            1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

i panted mine black

Comment

Working...
                              X