Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Cb7 Up And Detonated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cb7 Up And Detonated

So, im driving my girlfriend home on my oh so suspended license.

Previously i had been driving all day-ish

ok, im driving. i got a weird loss of power. i disregarded it we were on a hill. on the way down. i lost my cluster. all needles dropped. it was extremely haunting.

cars still running. purring along.

headlights DIMMED majorly.

car started to shudder,

kept crusing. it didnt affect anything.

Then. It died.

started it by doing a compression start while rolling.

it started.

started driving. then lost all power and started backfiring.

it sounded alot like my 45. bang bang bang bang. not just a single. but it would do it in like .25 second intervals. then it died again

the only thing that popped into my head was i replaced the ecu with the A6 instead of the standard one in my A1

popped the hood. and looked. spark plug wires were arcing across my head and the other pieces of metal under the hood,

AND when i push on the positive lead/terminal while the car is running. it dies
    WTF HAPPENED TO MY POOR CB?

thanks guys

Spark plug wires are fucked.

Coil/Igntor are going out.
    wat?

Comment

yeah

thats what i was thinking....but that doesnt explain the dash cluster or lights

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2lv8eater View Post
        thats what i was thinking....but that doesnt explain the dash cluster or lights
        Yeah it does.
        wat?

Comment

it does so. just replace the coil, ignitor, plugs and wires.

you should be good.

why did you put an A6 ecu in there?

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
            it does so. just replace the coil, ignitor, plugs and wires.

you should be good.

why did you put an A6 ecu in there?

A6 has a different fuel map for 10+ HP

I think also your ground or positive wire may be loose on your battery.

But try replacing just your wires first.

The insulation wears off and its like 20,000 volts going through the whole car...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
              A6 has a different fuel map for 10+ HP
              Nope, thats the p12.
              wat?

Comment

I hope you get your problems sorted out, but I hope you stop driving on a suspended license even more so. Bragging about it does not make it cool.
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                  I hope you get your problems sorted out, but I hope you stop driving on a suspended license even more so. Bragging about it does not make it cool.
                  x2.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                  Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                  Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                  [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

you can also check the alternator my car use to do similar like my needles would drop & the lights would dim music would cut off, & it was cause the plug kept popping off, so it wouldnt recharge the battery... just an idea...
                    2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
                    Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
                    1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
                    H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

thats weird i was driving home from work today and the needle on my speedometer dropped, it took a few seconds the went back up. whats up with that?

Comment

Thanks guys

i cant thank you enough.

im not braggin it just took me all day to drive out there. literally.

im sure youd do it for your girlfriends if they needed it.

but yeah

as for now. im buying the spark plug wires.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7devin View Post
                          thats weird i was driving home from work today and the needle on my speedometer dropped, it took a few seconds the went back up. whats up with that?
                          Vss? just a thought not sure.

Comment

Did you know that if you are caught driving on a suspended license in CA, the police can impound your car? And the ticket is more expensive than a DUI. It could cost upwards of $3000 not including the towing and impound fees.

Just food for thought...
                            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Its The Alt

thanks guys. i appreciate your help.

MORE THAN YOU KNOW

Comment

Working...
                              X