Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

jerks when shifting (auto transmission)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jerks when shifting (auto transmission)

what can i do to stop the jerks?

hold your brake more firmly...

other then that...nothing..

it happens to all of the auto's that' i know of.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
      hold your brake more firmly...

other then that...nothing..

it happens to all of the auto's that' i know of.
      I drove a 92 EX with an F22A1 auto sportshift. It was smooth, like new, seriously nothing wrong with it. I wish i could find one myself. Cant seem to find shit in this city for a transmission.
      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Thats why i drive stick haha

Comment

Originally posted by js593 View Post
          I drove a 92 EX with an F22A1 auto sportshift. It was smooth, like new, seriously nothing wrong with it. I wish i could find one myself. Cant seem to find shit in this city for a transmission.
          O.O F22a1 accord's came with a sportshift? or did you swap it? sportshift as in P-R-N-D +/-, right? or just the gear has a button for sportshifting?

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

Automatic 90-93 transmission jerking, is just the typical ol' transmission.
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
              Automatic 90-93 transmission jerking, is just the typical ol' transmission.
              Yeah seriously! Mine does that too, I have a 1993 Honda Accord wit a jdm h22a and it jerks like crazy too. I'm using the f22a1 TCU, I was gonna change over to the h22a TCU but the problems I've seen other people have getting their shifter stuck in park.

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

Change your transmission fluid it'll help settle it..or let off the foot before 3000 RPM it'll let it smoothly shift, but what the actual problem is the transmission mounts, if u ever noticed your car just rumbled shaking the inside at a light while in D? its ur olddd motor and transmission mounts.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                out of the game for now but looking

Comment

changing your tranny fluid may help smooth it out a bit.

Comment

alright thanks you guys

Comment

Originally posted by toasta08 View Post
                      what can i do to stop the jerks?
                      try a the honda atm fluid or atm flush or change.......secondly check your motor mounts they could be gone

PUSSY WAGON

Comment

yes it should be your tranny fluid. do a thorough flush..then get honda atf. should help with the jerking.

Comment

x5 do the trans flush then look at the mounts most likely torn because the rubber mount is only a held together by two rubber bridges and mine where toast but if they are i would highly recommend polymer mountes last longer and are much softer

"accidents in the back seats cause kids"
                          but who says that i
                          have back seats in my sedan

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

had the same problem with mine. Just flushed and replaced was a whole let better for me. Do need to replace the mounts sometimes too.

Comment

I did a flush around a year ago, probably 6k miles on it since then and still shifts smooth a shit. Also I don't drive like a granny at all, ive beat on it a few times.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X