No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After years of searching, today I so happened to stumble upon a pristine example of my favorite steering wheel of all time that was for sale, the 5Zigen N1R. I found it literally hours before I was going to settle on buying a new Momo. So glad I did one last search. Easily the cleanest one I've seen for sale in YEARS. The few others I've found have all been suede (ewww), absolutely trashed leather, or rewrapped in faux leather. This one is about as clean as you can ask for a wheel from 1993. Should arrive in about 5 days. Already got a Momo hub, and some titanium hardware ordered for it too.

Comment

Picked up what is quickly looking to be another project car, my first 'real' RC. Took it up into the mountains to get thoroughly dirty today, then back into town to beat the hell out of it with some pretty gnarly jumps on concrete. While I'm still learning how to control this animal (went straight to a 3S LiPo, for those in the hobby), I can already tell that this particular body is not going to last long...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kind of small, but does the trick. Like the locking mechanism on the bottom. Plastic protection on the sockets helps a little.

Comment

Innovative rear mount. Installed this and my ballistic front mount this evening.

20200416_182501_resized by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Made some major progress on my interior, after finally settling on what to do.

Nothing like some brand new OEM carpet to replace the 20+ year old piece in the car now. In addition to the carpet, I have a bunch of brand new OEM interior pieces I purchased. I decided to convert my Accord to CL leather interior, which makes the interior a single dark gray color, instead of the 2 ton Accord gray. Just waiting on the last few to arrive. Door panels, center console, glove box, steering column cover, coin holder, etc. Pretty much everything I could get my hands on from Honda. Extremely happy at how it is coming together. Because I never want to spend this much on stuff like this again!

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
              Made some major progress on my interior, after finally settling on what to do.

Nothing like some brand new OEM carpet to replace the 20+ year old piece in the car now. In addition to the carpet, I have a bunch of brand new OEM interior pieces I purchased. I decided to convert my Accord to CL leather interior, which makes the interior a single dark gray color, instead of the 2 ton Accord gray. Just waiting on the last few to arrive. Door panels, center console, glove box, steering column cover, coin holder, etc. Pretty much everything I could get my hands on from Honda. Extremely happy at how it is coming together. Because I never want to spend this much on stuff like this again!

Where did you source a new oem carpet? I thought that they were discontinued.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                Where did you source a new oem carpet? I thought that they were discontinued.
                The Accord carpet is discontinued, but this is from a CL, which is still available. Direct fit into 5th Gen coupes. Which matches the rest of the CL interior I purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  I can already tell that this particular body is not going to last long...
                  And it didn't. Took the RC truck to a skate park and the body ripped off the mounting posts. It was a tough choice between this and a couple different Fords, but I replaced it with a licensed 2020 Silverado Trail Boss shell that I've got to paint myself - luckily the details like the lights are stickers. I've recently got some Milano Red laying around, too!

I'm not even much of a truck guy, but I wouldn't mind a real one of these just for the way it looks. I drove a U-Haul fleet version a few weeks back, and while the interior was pretty lackluster, it drove well and the engine was great fun.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Maybe it needs an explanation. It's a Graves Frame Slider Replacement Puck - Long. I'll make my own on the lathe in the future, but for now, I just buy them from Graves as needed.
                    Last edited by Straight Success; 05-02-2020, 09:47 PM.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Still had to look up what it was, haha. I think I remember you saying you had an accident at the track. Are track days still happening during this mess, since you're still technically social distancing while being alone in your car/bike? *ED. - and now this has me wondering how many tracks are going to survive, if not. Sounds like many are struggling to stay open, Laguna Seca included.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-03-2020, 04:05 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

My bike was hit and knocked over by a Septa bus (public transpo). They sent me through a bunch of BS during the claim process because they are self-insured. I finally got around to buying a new one as the right side puck had cracked during the fall to the ground.

As of now, trackdays are not going on for the most part. There are a few exceptions for races (mainly the pros) and trackday orgs. I haven't been to the track since last year, so I'm going through withdrawal just like thousands of others probably.

This is crazy. I often ask myself daily, what happened for us to be here as a society? I mean, I know what happened, but what really happened?
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Some bespoke burnt gold titanium wheel bolts to compliment my 5Zigen steering wheel.

Comment

Picked this up in Fairmont, (home town of Mary Lou Retton) WV today. 2007 Element EX AWD AT, 87K for my son.

2412091-12-revo by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Finally ^^^ LoL

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                                Finally ^^^ LoL
                                No kidding. I think it was worth the wait. Best one I saw in four months of looking. Figures, after I got home with it an identical 2008 showed up locally with just 102K, underside pretty clean as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X