• Show
Clear All

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Mmmm, CB exoskeleton car.
      Weight reduction right there, next step is to have DJ Qualls drive the car

Fleetwood i was thinking those 6 hour batteries would of gotten the job done.

I just ordered a GPI VVT SS2 cam 223/235 .637/.637 112LSA since GM screwed us Automatic owners with the DOD system which fails over time and only way to delete is to replace cam and valvetrain. Now i am concerned that i went too big yet not big enough. Waiting on BF sales so i can get some .660 dual springs and the other odds and bits needed, luckily on the exhaust side i am setup to run up to 600+ HP without breaking a sweat; transmission wise its a whole different story.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Fiero Parts

by GhostAccord, on Flickr
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          Fiero Parts

by GhostAccord, on Flickr
          Dam. makes you wanna not use them, those parts look so good.

Comment

With the recent craze of collecting vintage bench vises, I thought I was SOL in finding an old heavy work horse for my shop. It took a year but I found this old Prentiss Bulldog up in St. Paul, MN. The Prentiss company went out of business in the '40's so it's at least that old. It's in great mechanical shape for its age aside from the jaws being kind of beat up but they're replaceable so I may invest in a new set in the future. The jaws are 5" wide and the whole thing weighs around 60 - 70 lbs. Picked it up for $150.

Comment

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
              With the recent craze of collecting vintage bench vises, I thought I was SOL in finding an old heavy work horse for my shop. It took a year but I found this old Prentiss Bulldog up in St. Paul, MN. The Prentiss company went out of business in the '40's so it's at least that old. It's in great mechanical shape for its age aside from the jaws being kind of beat up but they're replaceable so I may invest in a new set in the future. The jaws are 5" wide and the whole thing weighs around 60 - 70 lbs. Picked it up for $150.

Didn’t realize there was a crazy for those. That looks like a nice score btw.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                I remember a video popping up in my YouTube recommends a while back that was about the restoration of an old vise. I didn't care to watch it, but it had views in the millions.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Maybe it's not so much of a craze as a slow rise in popularity with collectors. So now prices, especially on ebay, are increasing. Similarly sized vises are going for $200 - $300 not including shipping, which looks to be anywhere from $50 - $200.

Comment

Jeez that’s crazy. I might have to check out the pawn shops around here. I couldn’t imagine the shipping on that thing.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yup.

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                        Fiero Parts
                        In case you don't know about it, the channel "Ronald Finger" on YouTube popped into my recommends, which has a thoroughly enjoyable Fiero restoration series going based around a car that had been sitting outdoors on a farm for twenty years. I don't even have any interest in ever owning a Fiero, but I'm really getting a kick out of some of the quirky engineering and design ideas that went into that car. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the nut-and-bolt restoration threads on here or other forums.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hackmandude12/videos

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          In case you don't know about it, the channel "Ronald Finger" on YouTube popped into my recommends, which has a thoroughly enjoyable Fiero restoration series going based around a car that had been sitting outdoors on a farm for twenty years. I don't even have any interest in ever owning a Fiero, but I'm really getting a kick out of some of the quirky engineering and design ideas that went into that car. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the nut-and-bolt restoration threads on here or other forums.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hackmandude12/videos
                          Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

These things are very quirky. It's a 1985 that is multi port fuel injected and utilizes a chip and tune capable OBD1 ECU. I am also able to use a lot of the newer electronics salvaged from my 04 Grand am with only simple connector modifications required. Good buy vacuum cruise control and single pintle vs newer disc style injectors.

Edit:

I have actually watched a few of his videos.
                          Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-24-2019, 10:46 AM.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Finally got a block and pistons for my Civic.

Comment

Found one of my heroes in miniature! Hot Wheels came out with a Volvo 850 Estate, inspired by the iconic BTCC racer. Now if they'd just recreate the 2014 Civic BTCC wagon as well...

(not my photo: source)

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I love print. I found this collection of about 40 issues of Honda Tuning on Craigslist, ranging from 2004 to 2009. My own subscription didn't start until the end of '09 (I think I have every issue from then until it stopped in 2014), so I'm excited to dig into this. Sadly, no March '06 issue with Joey's car.

And of course, after organizing them by date, I start on the earliest issue and the editorial throws this line out:

"But if the changing of the years is good for one thing in the media, it would be over-sentimentalized remembrances of things past and the hopeful expectation of things to come."

How is the Honda community not worth a dedicated magazine anymore?! I check out the newsstand at Barnes & Noble every time I'm there and see books for Porsche, VW, Ford, etc... no Honda. Maybe one day our manufacturer will be looked upon with more honest passion. Maybe it's that the 'tuner car' angle that the likes of HT and Super Street catered to are simply outdated now, and a more mature story-centric book would do better.
                                Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-08-2020, 01:02 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X