rustyaccord : 196_ BobcaT Rotary Snow Thrower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rustyaccord : 196_ BobcaT Rotary Snow Thrower

Goodness, life has been crazy over the last couple years! I still have my wagon but she's on the back burner as my house takes priority.

Anyhow, this is my latest acquisition, a 1960's BobcaT Rotary Snow Thrower Model 820. Built by Wisconsin Marine Co. for a few years before they were bought out by Gravely, then eventually MTD I believe. Picked up for $40.

The first image is what it's supposed to look like although mine is an older model. As you can see by the paint, it has been bubba'd but I have plans to restore it to better than factory spec. If any of you have any info on these things, I welcome it as I have been unable to find any substantial information online about it.

The engine seems to be in good shape. As far as I can tell, it's original. It starts on the first pull but I rebuilt the carb since the bowl leaks gas everywhere. I can't seem to find any information on the engine itself either. It's a Tecumseh Model H40-55005 which means 4 hp but the last five digits don't appear anywhere. I might need a rebuild kit for the 6:1 reduction drive as well but I can't find those anywhere either.

It should be an interesting process, I'm excited to use this beast once we get enough snow. From what I've read, they're quite a good machine.

Thanks for reading.
Working...
X