Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Subwoofer shuts off after a few seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subwoofer shuts off after a few seconds

Hi, I recently just bought a '90 CB7 and it came with a sound system, a Boss PH2.1000 2000 watt amp and a Boss 15" subwoofer and a Kenwood headunit. By the way, he wired it so that even though the car was off and not even in accessory, the radio could still play if you plugged the head into the unit. When I got the car, everything was working fine and I had no problems just playing it as loud as I wanted. But then the aux cord was starting to go out on me, so I replaced it. And it seems like ever since then, the subwoofer doesn't want to stay on. When I first started noticing that it was going out, I took out the radio, set it down and just tried to let the amp cool off. I put the radio back in, and it worked for about 10 seconds then stopped. Now, the subwoofer works to a certain volume when the car isn't on, but only works for a short second after I turn the car on. I replaced the fuses because I wasn't sure about them, but I'm still having the problem. I made sure all the wires were nice and connected. The protection light doesn't come on on the amp. I just don't understand why it was working fine and then it just stopped out of nowhere. I would really appreciate some advice on what to do! Thanks

Sounds like a bad ground it also sounds like the gain on the amp is turned up to much clipping the amp and making the amp overwork....
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Could also be a bad cable/wire somewhere. Does the power light stay on when the amp cuts out?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

While less likely but still possible, the cheap boss amp is giving out.

Comment

sounds like the amp ground is not good enough make sure it is to chassis.
          also like said above you might be clipping, google it and learn how to dial it in properly
          -Tyler

Comment

Does the AUX cord plug in from the back? If so, then you might have knocked the power control wire loose. The wire is usually blue or blue/white.

Comment

sounds like a bad ground. follow the negative cable from the amp and find where its grounded. if the metal surface that it's bolted to is painted, unbolt it, and sand the paint off and re-connect it.

Comment

I would suspect overheating. Most likely the amp isn't sized or ohm'd correctly for the speaker. Repeated overheating can damage electrical components.

Comment

amp power

read the power going to your remote turn on, if its low it will cause the amp to turn on and off.

Comment

Bad ground cable doesnt seem logical to me, if it was bad the peak when starting up would kill the power, not after a few seconds.

My guess is overheating too, had this before with a subwoofer (check if the amp can breathe free)

Comment

This could possibly be the alternator not producing enough power for the battery and the amp.

Comment

Check yours grounds, check your ohms going to the amp, and you may need another amp. Boss doesn't really make high quality products.
                        93 4dr ex 5 speed
                        97 Integra DB7

Comment

I know everybodys already replied but in my experience with my subs whenever I have problems like this it was always ground. I moved my ground but if you can't then take some sand paper and sand down the paint if there is any where your ground connection goes to metal .

Comment

I agree, try redoing the ground and also set the amp at a quarter gain. if the gain is at full power it will go into safe mode and shut itself off. Another thing that could work is see if the amp is bridged. The amp may not be built to handle that low of an ohm setting. unbridge it and you should be good
                            To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Comment

i would say throw the boss amp in the trash and any boss equipment in the trash. that's where it belongs - no offense -

Comment

Working...
                              X