Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How did you get into the CB7 Accord scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got my wifes hand-me-down started to look around to see if anyone made any power with these engines and at the beginning i almost thought the f series stood for "fail" (not really) then found cb7tuner and bisimoto. now im ready to put together a fully built turbo f22a4.
    my build
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202734

Comment

I never planned on getting my Accord. But my old car died and I didn't have enough to fix it. Walking home I stumbled upon an Accord for sale, and I had just enough.

It needed a few things, but was road worthy, so I drove it home. Searching online for some info on it, I stumbled upon cb7tuner, and was stunned at the community the CB7 had.

I started doing a few cosmetic touchups, and thats all she wrote. I was hooked and now am pretty happy with the progress I have made over the last 2 years exactly.

So thank you all for providing one of the best outlets for info on these cars.

Comment

I was in search of a civic or integra for my first car, and found a 92 ex cb for 800 in good condition and no rust. I jumped on it and have liked them since

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

I got a job that required a commuter. Found my CB, boom.
          Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
          The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

I actually got into by necessity. I had a Jeep Cherokee that had a serious brake issue (ABS in 1990 if anyone is familiar with that POS system!). Traded it for a 1990 CB7 to get to and back from work. Sold it for 1000 bucks after rendering it an "improperly lowered death machine" and got back into the prerunner scene (long travel 2wd Rangers specifically)...Got too expensive...Sold it...Got another CB7 along the way and sold it to buy an H22 swapped CB9, which is my DD/project now.

Comment

I needed a daily driver from driving my Mustangs to work and paying a ton in gas every month. I found my accord sedan from a guy that buys cars at the auction for $1200. The interior is immaculate. Over the past few months this car has paid for itself, it is comfortable and I enjoy driving it.

Comment

When I was little I was always surrounded by cars. My family was huge into fixing cars and selling them, specifically my grandfather. Being the first grandson he favorited me to no end. (Sorry sister and cousins haha!) he was the first to let me drive (RHD mail jeep!) granted I was only 10 he always wanted me to learn. Around that time I was watching car movies playing car video games and what not. I always liked the look sounds and feels of Hondas. Sure I'm in love with anything Japanese and some domestics. But my grandfather hated anything that wasn't domestic for a long time until he bought my grandmother a CD5. A couple years later he passed away and another couple years went by and my family moved to Rhode Island. By this time I was 14 so I still couldn't drive and wouldn't be able to for a while. But whenever I could sneak it I'd take my grandmothers car for a quick ride around the block or my parents F-150 that we bought from my great uncle. But something just kept me coming back to the Hondas lines no matter how much I loved the truck. About a year later my sister was taking my grandmothers accord to school and one day it was stolen. Everyone was heartbroken because it was such a low mile Florida car. Since then I knew I wanted an accord specifically a 5-speed. Last February after turning 18 I got my license. For the first few months I was driving the F-150 because I bought it for $700 from my parents, then the search for an accord began. I saw many CD's and CB's but they just weren't in my price range then I found a beautiful 1985 Accord Hatch from South Carolina with 147k on it all original. It just needed a new front bumper (god I couldn't find one for the life of me) After owning it for a bit and selling my truck to my uncle (original owner) someone hit me and totaled her, k just remember tearing up in the ambulance as I watched her get dragged onto the flat bed and bought the F-150 back. Then the search started again, this time I found a 91 coupe for 1000$ she had her flaws with the normal quarter rust bondod poorly. Burning oil. Ect ect. But. I fell in love. And I talked the guy down to $550 and drove an hour to see and pick her up. I've had her since October and haven't even registered her but I've driven her quite a few times we've already had plenty of bad times, but in the next three weeks she'll have a freshly rebuilt H22 in her I can't wait.
                Originally posted by cb9love
                when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

I needed a new DD. The timing belt slipped in my 98 teg. Sold it because I dont have time to rebuild the motor. Drove my wife's murano for a few months and got tired of racking up the miles on that thing. My truck only gets 13mpgs so I only drive it once every couple weeks to work. Was looking for a 94-97 accord, but after driving the cb7, I liked the way they felt alot more. Reminds me of the early 90s tegs vs the 98 I had. I was also heavily looking into 92-96 preludes, but every one I found was too molested or had really high miles.

The more I searched about the f22 motors the more I liked for a DD. Id like more power but ill just do a few things to make it more fun to drive. Nothing fancy though.

Comment

I have a Corvette and didn't want to keep driving it every day so I went looking for a daily driver and came across my Accord.

Comment

My dad bought a 91 wagon as a temporary replacement for his truck which was having engine problems and ended up keeping it for a few years. I originally hated the car (thought it was ugly) but it grew on me. I learned to drive stick on this car with 220xxx miles and what felt like the original clutch. Despite wanting a muscle car or a small pickup, I ended up with my 92 sedan after car shopping for months and it wasn't for another year that I discovered how much potential these cars have. I might not ever drive anything else.

Comment

I learned driving a little late in age, and my uncle advised me to own an accord 90-93 cb7 as a start, since he said it was a reliable car and its parts are somewhat affordable compared to new ones since he thought as a beginner I might have accidents.

Well, he wasn't around when I chose my CB7 and I didn't have any basic knowledge about cars in general, so I chose a CB7 that when winter came turned its trunk into an aquarium and it looked as if it had an accident because some white paste was applied into the chassis in the internal right side of the trunk.

My dad took it to several shops which flooded the tail lights with silicon yet it was still letting water in, so I started searching for a solution and ended up here ^___^ from the tail light gasket tutorial, I started solving my cb7 problems gradually with the help of great members, each with his own piece of mind :P @Oyajicool

Comment

Growing up in Cali, i saw a lot of these being customised as a kid and i knoew that i wanted one when i got older. I got my first one at an auction and i have been in love ever since. I dont think ill ever be without one in my fam...
                          Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

i got my 91 lx coupe 5-speed in 2009 for $200 as a daily driver came with 17's loved those rims. have 264000 on her now. i lover driving her and i can't wait to do a jdm h23 vtech with jdm lsd 5 speed and turbo . this was my 1st honda and i love the body style i think the other ones suck. i always hade big v-8 cars and trucks. but now it will be cb7 all the way.
                            Last edited by marvin75; 05-28-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Snuck out of my parents' house one night to meet up with some friends. It was like 2002 and I had a fucking sweet ass black on black 95 Maxima 5 speed. Front right tire went flat, car spun and hit a guardrail. I didn't know shit about cars and I didn't have any money. In retrospect, it should have been an easy fix and I probably would have kept that car to this day. But instead I sold it. I had about $3K to buy a car with and it was either a G20t or my first CB. My uncle bought the CB in VA. Rust free, 93K miles, $2200!!!! It wasn't as quick as the Maxima, but it had incredible visibility, and it felt really light on its feet. Damn near springy. The controls (especially the transmission) were phenomenal as well- so much more feel, and everyone knows Honda manual transmissions. I was hooked. I signed up here soon after I got it and was in the game for like 7 years. The 2 CBs I got after that one were awful though and really soured me from them.

If I come back to the Honda game it will probably either be a 5th gen Prelude or a CE1.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

For Me

My dad owned the 92-93 Special Edition Greyish/Black with gold Trims CB7, as a child, i liked it alot. so along the line, i had my license an no car, so my uncle had 2 cb7's, Tan & Maroon, the Tan was still running but over heating problems an the Maroon wasn't working, he made me a deal, if i can fix the problem to the car an get it to pass smog, it's all mines. so pretty much i got it for FREE. i replaced the relays, all fuse an cleaned the fuel injectors an it started up an im still driving it till now. it bugged me just looking at all factory parts. so i started modding it to my likings an now its turning heads since alot of peoples in my area havn't seen a sedan CB7 look this tuned before. i post alot of diys on the old site of this, but now its all gone. only if i didnt do what i did before, post a DiYs then delete info from my PCs. then you guys will know how it's been modified. i still have some mods that i havn't done yet, an still in progress, but either way... i can't post on here now. LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                                X