Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

In Need for help On my Head Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Need for help On my Head Swap

Okay Long Story Short
    I jumped Timing stretched belt
    Bent 4th cylinder valves
    Broke 1 valve clean break that rattled between the head & Piston
    Messed up (ONLY) the head & Piston in 4th cylinder walls were in No way damaged at all only piston & head were in 4th cylinder
    I did have a shop replace all my pistons/rods as wel
    So city I'm living in for Junkyard parts have NO Stock PT3 head or any F22a_ heads
    But I did happen to find a F22B2 head SOHC looks very similar to the PT3 head

So my Big Question is Will this head work fine?
    Is there anything else I need for this to work (Short time USE ONLY till I get ahold of a stock PT3 head)
    But I did happen to purchase it since it was only $28
    Bought new Valves Installed them
    Swapped over my PT3 heads guts & Camshaft to the F22B2 head
    Bolted up fine
    Swapped out my Headers for a pair of unknown brands but dude told me they were Apexi??? Not sure so we'll just call em EBAY headers haha

Thanks for Viewing and Helping You guys have a Great Night/Morning.

Pic of the old head
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by 93'CB7~Princezz; 05-04-2014, 04:12 AM.

If it is for short time use you are going to be looking to spend around the same as it would cost to have a PT3 head shipped from out of town.

You need the complete intake manifold and throttle body. Thermostat housing and coolant bypass tube. If I'm not mistaken I think you have to the lower half of the F22A bypass tube and the upper half of the F22B1/2 tube and weld them together. There may be another bypass tube that works I'm not 100%. H23 or DOHC F22B one might work????

I remember seeing a build thread were someone took and F22B1 and put it on the F22A block. The F22B1 uses the same setup of components as the F22B2. So if you can find that thread it may clear it up some for you.

Just remember that for the non VTEC F22b2 head You do not have to remove the oil control orifice like you do for the VTEC head swaps.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I need help too with heads but could not find a thread

Ok this was the best place I could find to ask this question... Hope someone can help...I jumped time and so put a new timing and balancer belts on...still won't start, a friend told me it needed a new head...have not pulled it yet...found a running motor for $250 and a $250 remanufactured head...which should I get...if I buy just the head I drop it on and I'm done...if I buy the engine I get a used head plus the engine to build up later...which should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by sohospeedshop View Post
        Ok this was the best place I could find to ask this question... Hope someone can help...I jumped time and so put a new timing and balancer belts on...still won't start, a friend told me it needed a new head...have not pulled it yet...found a running motor for $250 and a $250 remanufactured head...which should I get...if I buy just the head I drop it on and I'm done...if I buy the engine I get a used head plus the engine to build up later...which should I do?
        Please don't hijack someone else's thread. Start your own.

Comment

Sorry....my account won't let me start new thread

Sorry....my account won't let me start new thread...don't know why?....any help who be great

Comment

Are you trying to post it outside of the beginners forum? While your post count is low you only have access to beginners forums but they still contain a wealth of information .
            " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Originally posted by sohospeedshop View Post
              Sorry....my account won't let me start new thread...don't know why?....any help who be great
              Read the rules. Everything is explained there. You may start new threads in the Beginner Forums only.

Comment

heck if it was me i would get the other engine so you could have a spare to build up

Comment

The OP hasn't bothered to log on in nearly 3 weeks. This thread would've disappeared had SOMEBODY not dredged it up from the bottom of the page.

Comment

Working...
                  X