Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Body kits vs. stock bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body kits vs. stock bumpers

Ok, i know some rock he stock bumpers (like i do) some say body kits are better... i mean i bought a kit and i put it up there and got it fitting good... but the design looks like cr@p. what is y'all's thought?

SEARCH!!!!!!!!

Everyone has different tastes. you are just asking for different answers. Almost all of the will give their opinion and then tell you everyone has different tastes.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

there are only three kits I'd rock on my coupe. Erebuni, Xenon Mild and one I can never remember the name of. Other than those, only a lip. IMHO, body kits can look good, but they're not my style.

Comment

yea certain body kits look decent on certain cars, but not all. and imo, certainly not on hondas i think it just makes them look cheap and tacky.

but, to each his own. if you are going with a kit, make it a higher quality one.

life is good.

Comment

Only go kit if your going to color match it.
          Originally posted by chessboxer
          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
            Only go kit if your going to color match it.
            Agreed im staying stock bumber with lip only because it looks good and not tooooooo expensive

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              there are only three kits I'd rock on my coupe. Erebuni, Xenon Mild and one I can never remember the name of. Other than those, only a lip. IMHO, body kits can look good, but they're not my style.
              Kaminari.
              At least those would be my 3 favorites.

A mild, well-fitting kit looks good. There are too many extravagant kits out there that I don't like.

Then again, it's all opinion. Nothing more. If you like it, do it. If you don't, don't. If it's not your car... keep your negative opinion to yourself unless someone asks for it.

Comment

Personally I perfer stock bumpers with lips... I used to be into body kits but I honestly can not stand them amymore unless they are extremely subtle. Also I like lowering the car, not lowering the appearance of the car.
                Call me Travis.
                2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

well on my 92 front bumperon the inside under the grill the stock bumper has a little step up, now the body kits dont have that. So if you put a kit on and then the grill it has a ugly gap there. I'm a body tech at a ford dealership so i can fix it... but it's not worth it.

Comment

Lip Kits! nuff said!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

go oem with a lip a clean nice look

Comment

oem is the best look imo

Comment

I like custom variations with a prominent lip in the front
                          and a subtle set of skirts and rear lip

94 gracer lip with m3 or whatever skirts ronald had on his cb
                          was dope

Originally posted by Evil_cb7 View Post
                          well on my 92 front bumperon the inside under the grill the stock bumper has a little step up, now the body kits dont have that. So if you put a kit on and then the grill it has a ugly gap there. I'm a body tech at a ford dealership so i can fix it... but it's not worth it.
                          almost every kit ive ever seen has had the little lip where the bottom of the
                          grill meets the bumper..
                          if it didn`t im sure since most are fiberglass, that most people buying
                          them would know how to solve that problem with a little cloth and resin

^^MRT^^
                          THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

Working...
                          X