Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

HHO project on its way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HHO project on its way

Hey guys,

well its been a long time since I've made a post or have been here. since being laid off i've have been doing a ton of research on HHO's affect on car, and what it is really doing. the claims of higher gas mileage and a bit of extra hp sounds like a worthy project to keep my mind busy before i join the Air Force.

i've watched every video on youtube and read everything i could on it, and i've jumped into the game. for starters, I'm doing this right and not half-assing it with jars and non-distilled water and cheap gadgetry.
    No, I have fully engineered a complete Dry cell unit. its all self contained and should provide me with about 4-6 liters of HHO per minute.

this of course is just the first design, i might modify it a tad to make it a bit cheaper to produce, but overall i plan on making and testing before May,
    then in May I'm taking a road trip to Spokane, WA and back to see what long term results are and see if i can't make something useful for others if they want in. i already have a few people really stoke for me and are willing to buy one from me once i complete my alpha testing. so far my calculations are telling me i will be in the area of 40-65mpg depending on volume produced and what efficiencies I'm getting. i'm also thinking of getting a wideband o2 sensor and some mapping software to see if i can't make a bigger increase. but first test is just to see what i get with it strait into the intake.

anyways, thought i'd share what i've been up to. i love my cb and am not interested to make the most Hp but the most mpg.

i would love to answer any questions or concerns or just general debate.
    hope you enjoy the photos!

-OX

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
    DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

subscribed.

I like this a lot. What is your electronic setup like? Frequency? Wave shape? Current? I hear that is almost as important as the capacitor cell.
    DEVOTE

Comment

Should be interesting, hows it all work though?

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
        subscribed.

I like this a lot. What is your electronic setup like? Frequency? Wave shape? Current? I hear that is almost as important as the capacitor cell.
        all that is very important for getting the most out of the cell, for now i'm going to stay simple and just do a simple connection, if i find that it isn't enough i'll jump in the major electronics

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
        Should be interesting, hows it all work though?
        it all works with the stainless steel plates, you have a positive and a negative plate. theses plates are charged in an electrolyte, it strips the water form a liquid to a gas, its an electrolysis processes. thus you get two parts hydrogen and on part oxygen. HHO.
        once the gas is made it flows to a bubblier and a flash back arrestor and strait to the intake. once in the cylinder in will completely burn the fuel and create a higher octane reading, the o2 sensor sees this and backs the fuel creating your savings in fuel. in theory this is how it works, but it is a proven technology, its just hasn't caught on yet.

Comment

Yea, I looked into the normal way of doing it, seemed sorta iffy. So how does yours work as a self contained unit?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
            Yea, I looked into the normal way of doing it, seemed sorta iffy. So how does yours work as a self contained unit?
            BASICALLY, THINK OF A DOGWOOD SANDWICH, we sandwich gaskets and plates together to create interior resivors to fill up. you have a 1/2 piece of lexen plastic, then a 1/16" gasket then a negative plate, then for more gaskets and steel neutral plates then positive plate which creates one cell, my unit consists of five cells.

example:
            -nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+
            and place a gasket in between each plate

this way you have a 1/16th inch gap between plates for the electrolyte to fill and flows in the bottom of the cell and exits at the top ports.

Comment

you deserve a free alignment
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

quick noob question but what exactly is it?
                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

You are definitely going to need a Wideband O2 sensor and everything else that people use to tune there cars. Programmable ECU, data logging etc...etc... If you are going to be producing enough gas to make those MPG gains. You are going to need to tune or trick every sensor in the PGM-FI for the car to run properly. MAP, IAT and O2 at least and you may want to look into installing a knock sensor or making some det cans to make sure your not running the engine too lean/hot.

In for results

Good luck
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

^ you will need a tune. i built a few of these for cars, never the self contained dry cell though.

Lokuputha is correct the frequency and wave pulse/shape are huge factors in how efficently this cell will work.

From what i found through testing its not the hydrogen, but rather the oxygen that is realsed during the process that allows you to extract those 5mpg boosts people are raving about. although that cell will be far out producing the smaller units, which is why the tunning is gonna be critical, your computer can only account for so much.
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      you deserve a free alignment
                      if your still offering, i'm game!! not like i have a job to weigh me down, haha

Originally posted by slick View Post
                      quick noob question but what exactly is it?
                      an electrolyzer, it separates water to its gaseous form, hho instead of h2o

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      You are definitely going to need a Wideband O2 sensor and everything else that people use to tune there cars. Programmable ECU, data logging etc...etc... If you are going to be producing enough gas to make those MPG gains. You are going to need to tune or trick every sensor in the PGM-FI for the car to run properly. MAP, IAT and O2 at least and you may want to look into installing a knock sensor or making some det cans to make sure your not running the engine too lean/hot.

In for results

Good luck
                      thanks, i know i will need everything, so that's why i'm going to start small and test the theory that it will remotely do anything just on its own, after that i'm diving full in

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
                      ^ you will need a tune. i built a few of these for cars, never the self contained dry cell though.

Lokuputha is correct the frequency and wave pulse/shape are huge factors in how efficently this cell will work.

From what i found through testing its not the hydrogen, but rather the oxygen that is realsed during the process that allows you to extract those 5mpg boosts people are raving about. although that cell will be far out producing the smaller units, which is why the tunning is gonna be critical, your computer can only account for so much.
                      thanks, when i get to that point, every bit of advise will really go a long way.

apart from my initial testing, i will need all the help i can get to run the wideband and mapping software, so if anyone is willing to help on that part, i can really use the help.

thanks guys, look forward to it!!!

Comment

this is very interesting....keep me updated with the testing.

Comment

You just made me feel really stupid. Subscribed.
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I'm glad smart people still exsist. Good luck with the project!

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I built a cell a while back and ran it on my car....I noticed a gain(mpg) without any tuning and the power across the board was a lot smoother. I guess the more complete fuel burn is the key.

I ran it for like 2 days and then one of my switches took a c**p. You need to figure out how to control the amps.

If anyone is interested in this please take a look at http://hhoinfo.ning.com/
                              this is a good place with lots of discussions about HHO.

I need to re-wire my unit and get it going again....I am looking to get 2 weeks to a tank after tuning. Its a longshot I know.

ps....try inflating a latex glove with the hho and set it on fire. I tried it on my first generator just to see if the gas was flammable.....holy crap that was loud.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X