Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

auto to manual??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont forget you need the midshaft. I have one for sale....

You dont HAVE to change ECUs from what I have been told. I guess its good but I hear it doesnt matter what you use. You also need the conversion mount that is sold on here unless you get one from honda and weld it on which is not recommended if you are new at welding. You also have to get the hardline that goes along the back of the firewall. Its not a terribly bad install until you get in contact with the clutch pedal, hard line, and wiring.

And to the newbs....dont post answers you dont know the answers to.
    Last edited by Shag Wagon; 03-27-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
      Dont forget you need the midshaft. I have one for sale....

You dont HAVE to change ECUs from what I have been told. I guess its good but I hear it doesnt matter what you use. You also need the conversion mount that is sold on here unless you get one from honda and weld it on which is not recommended if you are new at welding. You also have to get the hardline that goes along the back of the firewall. Its not a terribly bad install until you get in contact with the clutch pedal, hard line, and wiring.

And to the newbs....dont post answers you dont know the answers to.
      You DON"T need the conversion mount it only makes it easier for the swap. A lot of guys have gone with the the actual 5spd mount and had it welded in place and it worked.

A lot of parts are going to be discontinued through Majestic and most Honda dealers so a lot of the parts i'm using are from the salvage yards or aftermarket.

Also when you're going for the hard lines make sure you use a flare nut wrench otherwise you'll end up rounding off the "nut."

Before you actually do settle on doing the swap, weigh out your options carefully.

Comment

IMO auto to tiptronic. amirite? lol

Comment

Wont work. That setup is OBD2 and the ECU AND TCU are combined into one unit. There is somebody out trying to figure out how to do this....cant remember who though. But it damn sure would be nice.

And about the mount. I owned an H22a wagon that had a welded mount and it snapped so much I had to junk the car and sell the motor. Thats why I say NEED the conversion mount...especially if you dont have 500 to spend on a good welder.

Comment

I think you could have tiptronic (s-matic) if you get an F20B, the trans, & ecu/tcu from a JDM 1998 Accord CF4 SiR and swap it all in. Correct me if I am wrong.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
            X