Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil in the Spark Plug ( Car running rough )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil in the Spark Plug ( Car running rough )

I need help,
    My car has been running rough for the last couple weeks.

I did some reading on here to try and find the same symptoms as my car.

I found where somebody said that they had oil in my spark plug hole.

I took out all 4 of my spark plugs, one at a time. Looking at the engine from the front of the car, I removed the plugs from right to left.

When I got the the third plug, there was oil all around the threads. And also the plug had massive build up of oil and dirt around the prongs where the plug sparks at.
    I cleaned this off, and the car did run a little better for a short while. Not its back to running bad again.

Can someone please tell me what I need to change to fix the oil around the plug problem?
    Do I need to change the valve seals? or, the valve seal covers? Im not sure.

Please help,

Cole

you might have some bad spark plug groumets i know at autozone they come with the valve cover gasket they are just on the bottom of your valve cover

Comment

The same thing accordhonda said. You can go to your local auto parts store and get the valve cover gasket and it should come with the o-rings to go in the spark plug galleys. Those four are on top. There's also four other o-rings that are below that and they could be causing your problem but there's a little bit more work into replacing them.

Comment

Is the valve cover leaking oil directly over that sparkplug? If not, it's either the piston rings or valve seals.

Sold!

Selling: F22A4(disassembled)

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
          Those four are on top. There's also four other o-rings that are below that and they could be causing your problem but there's a little bit more work into replacing them.
          Werd. I had my lower oil lube seals replaced not too long ago and it did the job.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=tube+seals

Might be a bit tricky because of the removal of the rocker arm assembly.

Comment

yea that shit happened to mine, what it was that the valve cover gasket was leaking, change the seals, and get new spark plugs, of course make sure you spray everywhere degreaser
            can't please everybody.

I don't want to hear it. I want fogs!

MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129461

Comment

It is leaking on only one spark plug.
              I pulled out all 4, and the other three were dry.

Thanks for all the help. Im gonna try to do this myself.

Not sure what to expect though

Comment

I had the same problem you are having and I replaced the valve cover gasket and the four o-rings up top and it solved my problem. I would start with that first seeing as how it is the easiest. If it turns out that it doesn't solve your problem then you're only out of 15 bucks. With it being a new gasket though if you have to tear it apart to replace the lower four you could be careful pulling it apart and maybe reuse the the ones you just bought with some sealant but it's too cheap to risk it and you might as well just replace them again. Good luck though.

Comment

if the piston rings were bad the car would be smiking, its the seals around the plug dude
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

i forgot to ask is the timing good on the car? according to all my resources timing its between 600 to 700. also a disproportionate compression ratio between pistons causes rough idle
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

most likely the rubber grommets and/or valve cover gasket

Comment

ya i had the same prob i'd redo the valve cover plug grouments and then look again but from what i saw you typed that there was oil around the threads and on the actual sparking end of the plug in that case if the groument doesnt work its prob a seal else where

but my diagnosis is when you pulled the plug out if there was oil on the plug wire then its a groument if the wire is clean and the end of the plug firing into the chanber is f'd up then its a seal but go one step at a time

"accidents in the back seats cause kids"
                        but who says that i
                        have back seats in my sedan

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                          I had the same problem you are having and I replaced the valve cover gasket and the four o-rings up top and it solved my problem. I would start with that first seeing as how it is the easiest. If it turns out that it doesn't solve your problem then you're only out of 15 bucks. With it being a new gasket though if you have to tear it apart to replace the lower four you could be careful pulling it apart and maybe reuse the the ones you just bought with some sealant but it's too cheap to risk it and you might as well just replace them again. Good luck though.
                          when u change the valve cover gasket, do u need to use anything to help it stick..eg sealant?
                          or do u just lay it down and it sticks automatically to the valve cover

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
                            when u change the valve cover gasket, do u need to use anything to help it stick..eg sealant?
                            or do u just lay it down and it sticks automatically to the valve cover
                            the way the rings are designed the pop in to place like almost a lego no sealent but they do fall out some times so push in easy and hope there formed right i have had some mis formed ones that fall out when ever those were a bitch to try to get the cover in place falling out when i turned the cover over but yat just push them in place and go for it

"accidents in the back seats cause kids"
                            but who says that i
                            have back seats in my sedan

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

If you push them in hard enough(you wont hurt them) then they should stay in place. I've had my valve cover off plenty of times. I also work on cars for a living, its just a matter of getting them in place and getting them in there good, nice and tight.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X