I feel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel...

like I'm slowly slipping into alcoholism. Like right now!..I'm drinking a 2 day old mix drink of KG and diet coke, just to get more drunk. This isn't a thread about me bitching about my problem. Alcoholism is a life choice. Not a damned desaese. I know what I'm doing is dumb and immature. I guess I'm just looking for some friends to guide me in the right direction. My "friends", who have always been there for me, have, since turning of legal age, have used alcohol as a way to kill boredom., and now just as a way of life. It scares the hell out of me that I'm turning into something that i sore to not turn into but, I'm just not sure I have the will power to stop. I know my limit and I now when others have had to much. But I'm too much of a pussy to help myself or my friends. I don't wanna be the guy that tells everyone how to live. Far be it from me to tell anyone how to live. I've had so many damn speeding tickets, a D.U.I., and I just recently gotten of, very lightly, a "furnishing alcohol to minors" charge. I know I'm an idoit for even getting those charges but, anytime I try to change anything, in my life, for the the good. It all just seems to backfire. I know this must sound extremely retarded by now. But this is more or less a cry for help. Well, not really a cry, but a rant for help.

This site has always been there for each other. I've been here since april of 05'. I've always loved this site for it's individuality and diverse people.

I know someone out on here can help me???!!!
    My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Honestly you know what to do,you know that path is no good, you know your friends are not the best, and you know that some thing need to change. Just stop, stay away from it, don't second guess yourself. If you don't do it is going to get harder to get back to reality,to your true self. Not to mention hurting everyone around you, wasting your life or regretting wasting your life. Keep your head up and remember this is your life let no person or thing dictated. Be strong, I wish you the best

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

alcohol...its a tarp!

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
        alcohol...its a tarp!

dude. you did the best thing you could. you started off right. you admitted you have a problem and you want to get rid of it. if all your friends drink because they're bored then you need to find some new friends. drinking because your bored is one way to get in trouble. find something else to do man. work on the cb. call me if you have to. im here for you home boy its one think to drink every one in a while when friends are over for a party or whatever. but drinking on a daily basis? come on man. how much do you spend on beer a week? think about that. you could use that money for gas, bills, parts for the car you want.

all else fails, visit some family or friends. ill be up there next week to visit my dad in Whiteplains. ill be up there wensday afternoon and leaving thursday night some time. just be careful man. you admitted you have the problem and you want to change. thats the 1st step

Comment

My mom is now going to be in the hospital for the next 6-8 weeks due to her 5 year alcoholism.

Stomach pumping, surgery, bone marrow treatment, 24/7 sedation due to alcohol withdrawl... just in the first 3 days.

[sarcasm]
          Sounds fun, right?
          It's totally worth it.
          [/sarcasm]

Edit: Monday morning she didn't show up for work and didn't answer her cell phone nor house phone. I got worried and asked one of her friends to go check on her after she didn't answer her phone for nearly 4 hours. Luckily she had a key to get inside, because if not she wouldn't have found my mom passed out on the living room floor. She had been laying there anywhere from 2-6 hours. There's no telling what would have happened if her friend hadn't come by to check up on her.
          Last edited by JoshM; 06-20-2009, 11:55 AM.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

leave it alone. It fucks up your liver and it ruins your life and those who you hold close to you. Just gotta break that habit. I can understand if your doin it occassionally but if you doin it constantly on some day in day out shit no good leave it alone.

Comment

my rule of thumb is i only get wasted on fri or saturday.. drink of choice 151

through the week i will drink two glasses of wine / day -no homo because its good for you.

my thing is i want to quit smoking

find a good hobby to do through the week after work or whatever you do...get blitzed on the weekends only

thats my advice mang

Comment

If you're actually suffering from alcoholism, then there is no "sometimes'... you're going to have to stop completely. I've never known any alcoholic that can just have a little. If you're capable, then you're not an alcoholic... you're just a drunk, and suffering from depression (and masking depression with a depressant is not exactly the best thing to do!)
                Alcoholism IS a disease. It's something you cannot control. Being an irresponsible drunk is a life choice.

As others have said, you've admitted that you have a problem. Just posting it on here is an admission. That's a BIG step. Now, the next step is bigger... realizing that you aren't trapped in this state. You can get out of it. Don't let this become the way you define yourself. What you do is only who you are if you allow it to define you.

Alcoholism is rough. Josh's mom is a perfect example of how hard it can be if you let it go. My dad is another... I don't even know for sure if he was truly an alcoholic, or if he was just depressed and alcohol was the only thing that made him happy (which is what he told me)... either way, I can't ask him now. His heart just stopped one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                  dude. you did the best thing you could. you started off right. you admitted you have a problem and you want to get rid of it. if all your friends drink because they're bored then you need to find some new friends.
                  That there is the first step of getting back in the right track. I mean theres nothing wrong with drinking in moderation or when hanging out with family and friends, but just to kill time is a no no. Have you tried to see if there are any local support groups in your area? that might help especially if you just need to talk to someone.

But personally i used to go out 2-3 times a week when i was in college mainly due to a break up and my new found freedom, but that quickly got old and within a year i was barely going out anymore.

You unlike my one friend "at the time" i should say, you have admitted to having a problem and what to make it better. He never did... only made excuses when he was confronted, i'm not an alcoholic i can stop when i want "i just have a high tolerance."

To make a long story short, i had 2 drinks and felt sick. He apparently got embarrassed at the fact that i did and claimed people where talking shit on me and that we needed to go...He didn't want to listen to me or the other people at the house. So i got in the car and went to sleep...

He should have listened....

He ended up falling asleep behind the wheel and rear ending a car on the expressway and nearly drove us into the woods...

The Car he rear-ended

That was my wake-up call, not to mention i was in pain for several months from the seatbelt brusing... from then on i knew that i needed to stop surrounding myself, from someone who didn't know their limits and have no self-control.
                  Last edited by icedplaya123; 06-20-2009, 11:14 AM.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                  Frost White Member 13
                  My Ride
                  "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

^
                    ^

you dont want to end up like this guy. and Deev thats sad to hear man. i hate that that happened to you. Rick. theres your wake up call. your getting it before you kill someone or yourself. get new friends. stop drinking. since ive been old enough to drive, ive made sure i didnt surround myself with anyone who does drugs or carries a gun without a CCW(if you have a CCW, theres a reason why you have it as in, you've been rodded before, you've been attacked by a dangerous animal before. not just because your trying to be gangsta or thuggish). both of those are a bad combination already. and adding alcohol to it makes it worse.

get new friends. stop drinking. find something else better to do with your life then drunk because your bored.

Comment

Damn Juan, I never saw those pics! I thnk I only saw what happened to the Maxima...

Yeah, I went to the ballgame with my friends last night. My friend's mom didn't want her driving her Caravan, so I was the DD for 6 people. I had a couple beers, but only when there was a considerable amount of time to go before I drove again (2 before the game, and a few after when we ended up at another friend's house).

Knowing your limits is key. And not abusing the alcohol. I rarely drink "to get drunk". I'll drink because I like beer. I'll never drink to forget. I'll never drink to try to make myself happy. I'll never drink to get shitfaced. IMO, that's responsible drinking. If you're over the age of 21 and still regularly go drinking to get fucked up... you either need to grow up, or you have a problem. If you drink because you're depressed... you need to do something about that. Depression isn't alcoholism, and people that drink to try to "fix" depression (which only makes it worse) often get frustrated when traditional approaches to overcome alcoholism don't work.

Honestly, CKYaccordHIM, you've been around here for quite a while. I like seeing you on here, and I'm sad to hear that you're having a hard time. If I recall, I even met you briefly in VA at the meet shadow1 planned and then couldn't make it to...

Admitting you have something to overcome is the first step. Looking to those that you trust for support is the next step. You know that we're here for you. However, you're going to need support closer to home as well! Don't be ashamed to turn to your parents and other family members, friends that DON'T drink in excess, teachers or professors (you could go back to your 5th grade teacher, and they would probably be more than willing to help you!), even a priest or minister (religious or not, they will listen to you...)

Or go to AA. Surrounding yourself with people that are making the same effort to overcome the same problem is very helpful. Just as surrounding yourself with people that promote your bad habits is harmful.

You're not alone. You're not lost. You just have a little work to do!

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic View Post
                        my rule of thumb is i only get wasted on fri or saturday.. drink of choice 151

-----
                        ...get blitzed on the weekends only
                        this is called binge drinking

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                        Binge drinking is the modern definition of drinking alcoholic beverages with the primary intention of becoming intoxicated by heavy consumption of alcohol over a short period of time.
                        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                          this is called binge drinking
                          i dont do it every weekend now im no alcoholic.. i could go 5 years without drinking... i wouldnt call 2 long island iced teas with a shot of 151 in each one heavy consumption... maybe 3 but it does have me feeling good at the club.. lolz

i watched my mom drink 40'z n live a partially depressed life after her divorce.. i guess thats why i dont drink now...

but yeah if you hang out with big drinkers find a new click.. play some b-ball ... get some running shoes and an ipod... take up scuba
                          Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 06-20-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I could respond with something helpful and supportive, but I'm not.

You're a lush. Get over youself posting up threads for internet users you don't even know to answer questions that you are too afraid to answer yourself.

Now, quit relying on others to always pull your ass out of the fire, buck up and be a man.

Oh, and happy Father's Day if applicable.
                            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                            X