This forum is too big for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This forum is too big for me!

I feel like im in a big crowded room and I don't know who anyone is, and on occasion someone i know pops out from out of the crowd but its mainly huge jamaicans and old puerto ricans. I remember back in the day CB7tuner was like being 16 years old at the mall chillin next to the fountain with all your friends. Now it's like being in a dark room full of people with the light under one person. I'm calling out for Deev and he's nowhere to be found. He never answers his IMs anyways. Nightwolf comes around and he begins asking me these strange questions like Where are you going, Where have you been? (Yes I read that story) and I'm starting to get freaked out (nohomo). Suddenly the crowd shrieks and people are screaming "Spiders! Spiders!" and from you can hear one person, probably a teenager around 17 years old going... "ITS A BANANA SPIDER!" shortly before you feel the ground shake. The crowd before me begins to clear up to see this huge homeless Jamaican, stomping this small tiny insect further into the ground. I turn to start running away only to have tripped, and as I was falling to the ground my hands reached out for the closest thing to catch myself, which happened to be the side mirror to a turbocharged mustang. A mustang? What's that doing here? I get up to find a group of thugs standing before me, one of them looks like Carlos, with a front facing manifold in his hands. Before I can run I get grabbed from the back so I start going wild. I got into one little fight and my mom got scared. And said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in bel-air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "Fresh", and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare. But I thought man forget it yo homes to Bel Air.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Its actually cool that you re-did to your own flavor with up to date current facts instead of a copy and paste. This is strange because Bohn have never been associated with Cool.

edit: I'm the big Jamaican he was referring to
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Its actually cool that you re-did to your own flavor with up to date current facts instead of a copy and paste. This is strange because Bohn have never been associated with Cool.

edit: I'm the big Jamaican he was referring to
      Well CB7tuner was my original home before I did anything else. So I have to keep the flava original.

Besides.. whatever happened to that one cat.. what was his name.. MAPLE!

His ex girl used to hit me up on AIM a lot. That has nothing to do with what I'm telling you but that guy was a trip until he bought that civic. He stopped hitting me up though. He did hook it up though when I did the F20 swap and he sent me the pedal assembly. Anyways before I start rambling off I'll stop here.

Oh and whatever happened to my homie shawn hayden?

Sorry guys, I know CB7tuner has a lot of reminiscing threads but today I realized how much I love deev-- i mean cb7tuner so I figure I would contribute by presenting a couple lulz every now and then.

At least until that bombaclot mod decides to ban me. i love u dean

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord View Post
        Well CB7tuner was my original home before I did anything else. So I have to keep the flava original.

Besides.. whatever happened to that one cat.. what was his name.. MAPLE!

His ex girl used to hit me up on AIM a lot. That has nothing to do with what I'm telling you but that guy was a trip until he bought that civic. He stopped hitting me up though. He did hook it up though when I did the F20 swap and he sent me the pedal assembly. Anyways before I start rambling off I'll stop here.

Oh and whatever happened to my homie shawn hayden?

Sorry guys, I know CB7tuner has a lot of reminiscing threads but today I realized how much I love deev-- i mean cb7tuner so I figure I would contribute by presenting a couple lulz every now and then.

At least until that bombaclot mod decides to ban me. i love u dean
        Maple is still here and still attending cb7 meets...as fr shawn hayden , havent seen him in a minute but alot of the old OG(prior to me) been popping up lately.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I know what you mean about the crowded room. I go onto FLaccords and i get sore pressing new posts so much to fins nothing new.

So i jump from here to there. They are my two main tabs.

Comment

Shawn moved on. I've seen him posting on H-T occasionally when I go check over there.

I came around (way before my join date) when all the OG's were still in full force. There was definitely a closer sense of community back then.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
              I came around (way before my join date) when all the OG's were still in full force. There was definitely a closer sense of community back then.
              I concur

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

you can't make more friends?
                ____

Comment

Well it is getting pretty crowded here. I don't think over population here is a problem. The Accord is not a rare car, it would be silly to think a site like this wouldn't be crowded. At least there are tons of contributing members and tons of useful information here. I also think with the poor economy and rising gas prices, people are turning to older Honda's, that might contribute to the crowded site.
                  Last edited by coletrain; 05-22-2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    you can't make more friends?
                    lol.. im antisocial.

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
                    Well it is getting pretty crowded here. I don't think over population here is a problem. The Accord is not a rare car, it would be silly to think a site like this wouldn't be crowded. At least there are tons of contributing members and tons of useful information here. I also think with the poor economy and rising gas prices, people are turning to older Honda's, that might contribute to the crowded site.
                    you have a very good point. and i agree with you 100%.

it's kinda like me waking up early in the morning ONLY to watch new episodes of the original transformers, voltron, megaman, etc.

and now you have it on demand and fully dedicated channels.

It's awesome but..

okay i dont know where im going now.

Comment

The lack of...I'll call it "leadership" and even a close sense of community has dwindled lately, I agree. It has to be a monumental task for a moderator and the creators/leaders of this site to keep in close proximity with other members. It is getting too big to monitor without tons of help.

Comment

No offense to anyone, but the cheaper and older the cars get, the cheaper and less inspired the members are becoming. Tons of halfassing on the cars and bad grammar on the forums. Alot more different people are going to start joining in the near future, its not a car that only middle class can afford.

Comment

I'm still around

My AIM buddy list is too large, and it doesn't work properly. I rarely get IMs from anyone that's not on my list. PM me here if you need anything!

And yeah... the thing with this community is two-part.
                          What F22HB said is totally true, that the quality of membership has dwindled because the value of the cars has gone down. We don't have enthusiasts around here nearly as much as we used to. Now, we have people that want everything for nothing. They want a fast car for $500. They don't want to work hard, they don't want to spend money, and they don't want to THINK. They just ask questions about things that they'll never bother doing once someone spends their precious time explaining how to do it... That's the first part.

The second part is that we've reached a bit of a plateau. Back in 2003, everything was new. Everything was different. OMG, an H22 swap! EURO R, what's that? Sweet jeebus that guy has a TURBO!
                          We've figured it out. We have it down. If you want to know something about the CB7, it's in these pages. The new things, such as K swaps an J swaps, are still a bit out of the range of even the most serious of tuners at the moment. Most people that could afford the nearly $10,000 to put into an old project car would probably rather go out and buy a 1998 M3!
                          Bisimoto brought a slight rebirth of enthusiasm when he showed us what the F22A can do. HondaFan81 added fuel to that fire by showing us how we can build an awesome F22A on a modest budget. The cost and labor involved has scared a lot of people away, though... even from that.

The community is still really close, believe it or not. It's just... I dunno... cluttered. Using the highschool analogy... we're a bunch of close Juniors and Seniors, surrounded by annoying Freshmen. The Sophomores have a chance, if they haven't been forced to drop out already

I just went to a meet in CT. I don't know that I could accurately describe any of the CB7s that were there. However, I got to know a few members a lot better than I had before, and that means WAY more to me! I love my car. I don't care all that much about anyone else's. I'm here for the people. We have a genuinely good group of people. Of course, we do have the idiots that enjoy typing with their forehead... but they either learn, or they don't stay long.

The true enthusiasts will rise and reclaim this place in the next 2 years. Right now, we're stuck amongst the crowds of cheap idiot ricers. When CD prices fall, CD5tuner.com will fall victim to that flood, and CB7tuner will be free

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            Of course, we do have the idiots that enjoy typing with their forehead... but they either learn, or they don't stay long.
                            Or they stick around and still annoy everyone

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                              No offense to anyone, but the cheaper and older the cars get, the cheaper and less inspired the members are becoming.

If you dont beleive this... look at a Tercel forum.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Working...
                              X