I don't know what is going to happen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what is going to happen.

Okay, so friday was payday. I am in school, making about $500 a paycheck every 2 weeks. Friday came, I checked my accound and no direct deposit. Apparently, momentum resources screwed up, and since the SWEET stimulus $$$ starts this paycheck, somehow they fucked up. So, they sent everyone paper checks to cash later that Friday afternoon. I took mine, went to the bank and cashed it. Well, yesterday I overheard my boss telling a coworker "we aren't supposed to give out the paper checks, they posted your direct deposit." I didn't really think twice about it, but around 11 last night it chimed in to me to check my bank account. Sure enough, I have one deposit for $500, then...apparently they directly deposited my money, again! So I got around $1,000 vs $500 this week for 60hrs.

What do you think will happen...will they not notice and me get to keep my extra $$$?

Im gonna guess theyll notice......businesses tend to keep a close eye on their money

Id just tell them and give them 500 back

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

More than likely they will be asking for thier money back pretty quick like. You could pull it out of the bank and sit on it to see if they notice and then return it but I would just give it back.

Comment

just dont spend it.

wait and see what happens

Comment

it is their screw up and have them deal with it !!

Originally posted by Devergote
          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

same thing happened to a friend of mine..he spent it and they took it out of his back taxes i believe

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
            I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

They will just take it back from your next check. My company paid me 28.80 an hour instead of 20.80. I told them the first day about it and they said no to worry about it. They took back about 1500.00 out of two checks and it stung!

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
                it is their screw up and have them deal with it !!
                Originally posted by Clean-CB7 View Post
                same thing happened to a friend of mine..he spent it and they took it out of his back taxes i believe
                Yes, its their screw up. They will deal with it and here's how: They will take the overpayment out of your next check. This happens more frequently than you think and it will even out. You're not coming out ahead, you'll be breaking even.

Think its illegal for them to garnish your next check? Consult with an attorney.
                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabe View Post
                  They will just take it back from your next check. My company paid me 28.80 an hour instead of 20.80. I told them the first day about it and they said no to worry about it. They took back about 1500.00 out of two checks and it stung!
                  Agreed. I had direct deposit and they will just take any error out of the next check.

Comment

I sure as fuck hope not..

Comment

what happened to morals?

Comment

the company that does the dp for your job will do a reverse transaction, happens all the time. There isno coming out ahead in this situation especiallu when the boss knows some people got paper checks.
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

how about you tell them about it. Then, if they ever have to cut back on people because of this economy you have a better chance at staying since they will remember that you were honest with them, especially about money.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
                            how about you tell them about it. Then, if they ever have to cut back on people because of this economy you have a better chance at staying since they will remember that you were honest with them, especially about money.
                            Great point.

Comment

Dude I know $500 seems like a lot of money, and it is, shit I would love an extra $500, but is it worth your job? If you keep it and they find out, especially if your position is not permanent (which is my assumption) they could potentially fire you, or just replace you, or give you less hours. In any case, I would tell them about it, but it's totally up to you.

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22
                              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                              X