Maple50175 : 2004 Pontiac GTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maple50175 : 2004 Pontiac GTO

Well hello guys, its been a LONG time since I have posted. Finally got rid of my turboed civic for 4,000 to some kid in NH. (18 yr old kid who knew nothing)
    anyways he got a deal somewhat, gave him pistons rods, every civic part i had, etc...

Was suppose to get a Hyundai Genesis coupe but the dealership fucked me, wanted 11k down with my bad credit, so yeah i was in need of a car and had no time. Wanted something quick and in good condition...

Soo I scooped this. Love the speed, love the interior, hate the car in general, bad on gas, and not many mods you can do (you REALLY have to pay to play on the LS1 motor.

Paid 14.5k + tax+ fees.
    4250/Down

2004 GTO
    6spd
    Red Leather Interior
    64k Miles
    Exhaust (No mufflers)
    ----------------------

I fully detailed this baby and took these pics..
    also got tint 15% all around.
    6k HID Headlights
    6K HID Foglights

Let me know what ya think!

Intake is next
    followed by Chrome C5 Wheels 19'S or something of that sort..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Maple50175; 06-17-2012, 02:11 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
    bad on gas, and not many mods you can do (you REALLY have to pay to play on the LS1 motor.
    You can't be serious. Of course it doesn't get nearly as good of gas mileage as a Civic but it's no slouch in that category. And the engine modifications aren't much more costly than good parts for import cars either. Some internal engine parts can get pricey but you're typically buying twice as many of them for a V8 vs. an inline 4. But to say that there's not many mods you can do is more than an understatement. It's just false. Play around on LS1tech.com and read up on a lot of people's builds.

A mild cam and a set of long tubes will REALLY wake the LS2 up. If you wanted to get more serious with mods then you've got a great platform with the LS2. The LS2 has 4.00" bores and will accept the L76/L92/LS3 heads. These heads are amazing for airflow but due to their different port design must be used with an accompanying intake manifold. You didn't really have a performance option until the LS3 came out in 2008 but now you can build a VERY nice performer just using parts out of the GM catalog. If you ever have any questions just shoot me a line. I probably know more about LSX engines than I do Honda engines so I could get you pointed in the right direction.

I like the car a lot. God luck with modifications.

EDIT* It's an LS1? I thought that in the original thread that someone made saying you got this that they said you had gotten a 2005-2006. The pictures were not here when I posted or it would have been made pretty clear. Well, scratch what I said about the LS2 and head upgrade. Still not a bad car though. Aesthetically I prefer the 2004 to the later ones. The color combination is great.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 06-17-2012, 01:19 PM.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah an LS1. I do plan to get headers too as half the exhaust is already done and I LOVE the way it sounds i'll get a video later today

Comment

Nice looking GTO you got there Maple

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Looks good Wayne.

Might want to invest in some Sonax for the wheels if that's what they look like post detail. It'll pull all the junk right off.

Comment

Maybe I read wrong, but I was under the impression that the rear didn't have shocks but air struts. Is that true?
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              Maybe I read wrong, but I was under the impression that the rear didn't have shocks but air struts. Is that true?
              Stock? Shocks.

Nice ride Maple
              The only thing I never liked about them was the front grill

If you don't want to go all out cost wise, get an OTR intake and mafless tune.
              The tune will dramatically decrease your fuel consumption.
              I can get mine down to 8.9L per 100km on open roads, but town driving IS a killer no matter what.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

still got the GTO and yeah I hate it now! I want to get rid of it and get a 04 WRX. I still owe 11grand, and sick of being raped on the 22.90% interested. I got a 12k loan, and only have 1 grand paid off it. and 4500 went to interest. It blows! rahhh!!!

Hows everyone doing? lol

Comment

How did I miss this? I prefer the 0405 tails and dual exhaust. Not digging the red leather either. That's a hell of an interesting rate! Hopefully your next one will be lower.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175 View Post
                    still got the GTO and yeah I hate it now! I want to get rid of it and get a 04 WRX. I still owe 11grand, and sick of being raped on the 22.90% interested. I got a 12k loan, and only have 1 grand paid off it. and 4500 went to interest. It blows! rahhh!!!

Hows everyone doing? lol
                    Serious? How does anyone manage 22.90% interest?
                    You'd be better off putting it on your Visa.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

You will never own this car at the rate your going man. Refinance or get rid of it man.
                      1993 Accord EX
                      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

I actually love the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by PUMASTi View Post
                          You will never own this car at the rate your going man. Refinance or get rid of it man.

This.
                          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          My coupe!!!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Holy shit

I just bought a VW Rabbit and our interest rate was 2.64%

I guarantee Maple just told them the monthly payment he could do and let them handle the rest

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I'm quite certain his credit is shite too...

Maple, an 04 WRX is going to be a headache and a half. Gas mileage is pretty bad, due to the turbo and AWD. A used WRX will most certainly be either beaten on or neglected. One that is nearly a decade old is going to give you a TON of trouble.

If you want something older, that's still sporty and fun... get an S2000. Or a Miata.
                              Or just keep up with the GTO. Any car that offers worthwhile performance is going to require compromise. You seem to have a habit of buying cars, getting sick of them, and just digging yourself into a hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X