The Time Has Come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Time Has Come

Well everyone the time has come. Last night I sold my 93 lx. Like every car, its time has come.

I bought it for 1000 dollars knowing it had a messed up past. The car has given me trouble since the day after I bought it. Its front bumper got torn off, i replaced all of its missing and mis matched parts, all in all got it to looking like a regular cb7 would. As for road worthiness, I had countless overheating problems. I have been left stranded by the car many times too. It was always one thing after the other.

Finally, i went out and bought a new motor for it after my f22a1 went out and spent the whole winter and spring swapping it and fixing stupid crap wrong with it. Me making a noob mistake though, I left the old cooling hoses and clamps on it. Well, I ended up stranded in LA 2 hours from my house after one blew. Ended p getting to the CAM mad late too.

After replacing hose clamps and hoses and bleeding the cooling system, it continued to give me problems and never wanted to run right at all. With the family financial struggles as well as my own, i hit my breaking point. It was time for the car to go. So, last night, I sold it for 1800. With that in mind, I am taking a break from Hondas and imports as a whole. I have the ef shell that my father and I are building together as a father/son project. But for a car I will be driving, its time for a break. When I know I am good and ready, I will get back in a cb7 and come back twice as hard.

I just want to thank everyone on here. You all have helped me a great deal and turned me into a true cb7 enthusiast. Also, you all have inspired me a great deal to get the car looking the way it did when it was sold. Thank you all so much. I want veryone to know i will continue to be a part of the community and will continue to post on here as well as stay in touch with friends I have made here.

Everyone, just know, when the time comes, I will come back twice as hard in a new cb7. Until that day comes, I will still be a part of this community and active. Thank you all again and happy building cb7 enthusiasts

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Everyone has their time bro that's understandable. I have had my time with cars here and there looking back at all the mistakes that I have made with cars which seem to be very unforgiving to a certain extent but that's how it is nontheless. But I will tell you if you need to take a break from it take a break and come back to your work and do it right.

I myself actually want to ge back in the game and just relax I lve my srt and my evo but as much fun as they are I rather have my old cb's back just for fun becuase im through with all the racing around being turboed up I rather have a h22 with some lsd and noone would ever suspect of me having anything under the hood of that car lol. Soon though I will be back in the source. I thought about selling my evo and my srt becuase that ime is over back to my roots family comes first I hear you on that.

Comment

I moved on, as you can see. I don't miss my old car. It was truly, MY first car and I miss it in that aspect but it gave me so many problems, lol.

If it weren't for it though, I wouldn't know the people I do now.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i cant move on. lol
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I sometimes wish I hadn't.

I mean the 2002 is pretty sweet and its more refreshing then older cars...

but its quickly becoming the same thing as a 93.

I miss my car something horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
            i cant move on. lol
            Word im actually coming back to the scene.

Comment

OP, i have moved on from a few cars and though i miss them ,some of them are a part of my past forever and some may come back

good luck in your future endeavors and hope to see you back here from time to time, don't be a stranger
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

I miss my car something horrible.
                I feel the same way about my 85 Accord.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                  Word im actually coming back to the scene.

me too as a project car I have some things up my sleeve, but need to buy it down south

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. I do plan on sticking around and contributing to threads as well as bullshit around in the OT section. Like I said there will come a time where I get back in a cb7. It could be a month, it could be a year, hell maybe a whole decade. But my love for the chasis and my car will never die. Same thing with my love for this forum. Fate would have it that I simply could not keep doing repairs and dumping money in the cb7 so when things settle down, I will pick up a cb shell that I can truly build from ground up. Until then I will still be at meets and shows and I will most definatley be on this forum as wel

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

It happens i moved on after 6yrs of hondas, it was a good choice and the car i chose is just as simple to work on with a better chassis.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I don't miss my CB, sometimes I might. But really all I miss is 3 pedals and go-cart handling.
                        wat?

Comment

Working...
                        X