No announcement yet.

first ticket today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did 15 over 25 and i had to pay 150 total , no points or school, but we sent a lawyer to my court date , i didnt go

i was 17 at the time
    Last edited by ibr_adam09; 06-24-2009, 12:00 AM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Any tips for me, i'm only 16 and this is my first ticket. I was pulled last night for my reverse lights were on all the time. Fixed that though.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

My guess would be around $250 or so.

I say this because when I was 17 years old I got popped for doing 70 in a 25 and got hit with a $425 ticket then on the way home I got popped AGAIN for 70 in a 50 and got a ticket for $250.

Then again that was 15 years ago.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

does age affect it? im 18 if it helps any
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
            My guess would be around $250 or so.

I say this because when I was 17 years old I got popped for doing 70 in a 25 and got hit with a $425 ticket then on the way home I got popped AGAIN for 70 in a 50 and got a ticket for $250.

Then again that was 15 years ago.
            Damn twice in one day. That sucks.

"The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
              theres no point in fighting it, i was straight up doing 51 in a 35. I was wrong, officer Hensley was right. I'm not going to fight it lol
              doesnt matter alot of the times they just drop it to something less if its first ticket and no accident involved. Iv been to court 2 in last 2 weeks .. Trust me go to court and talk to the prosecutor.

Comment

does age affect it? im 18 if it helps any
                It shouldn't.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

damn i wish i hadnt been speeding. my insurance is going to kill me now
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

dude im telling you talk to the dude in court before hand................. They drop shit to non point high fine tickets almost all the time

Comment

The insurance won't go up until after the court date right? or will it go up the next pay period?
                      Last edited by 93F22A6; 06-24-2009, 12:34 AM.

"The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

damn but then i got like 60 in court fees

Comment

51 in a 35.
                          Good job. Way to go.
                          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

im honestly gonna have to say ur an idiot if u dont fight it, u have nothing to lose,

im fightin a ticket doin 100 on a 65 and u dont c me backin down

unless u want ur insurance to go up

Comment

I have a suspended license and have been driving on it forever. I don't break the law, my dad got pulled over twice in 40 years of driving so I learn from the best.

When I need to, I don't get a ticket.

People usually get tickets because they dont think about speeding before speeding, they just do it.

I still speed up to 15 MPH over the speed limit, but I do so when traffic is flowing fast, on big roads, only certain times, and never in places I've seen cops radar, or have been ticketed.
                              ]

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
                                im honestly gonna have to say ur an idiot if u dont fight it, u have nothing to lose,

im fightin a ticket doin 100 on a 65 and u dont c me backin down

unless u want ur insurance to go up
                                If you do not have a record then it is a smart thing to do

However, fighting a ticket without a lawful "escape" plan is stupid. Things like, I was late for class, or I drive that road everyday or other bullshit that has nothing to do with the law."

If you do have a record of getting tickets. setting up a court date, is just one more thing you have to do for the man, and if you miss it, the consequences are worse.

Don't put pressure on yourself you don't need, If you were caught red handed guilty, and have a record, just take the class. Because a judge can order a 500 $ maximum fine.

Missing a court date, will get you in more trouble, and cause more court dates, if you miss one of those, its called the "snowball effect"
                                and is the reason for many criminals that have only committed a small crime end up serving lots of time and paying lots of money. Probation is the worst, because violation of it is like the snowball turning into a landslide.

Really, everyone is stupid that goes to court themselves.

Why, because A lawyer costs 100 - 150 $ per ticket and the points are always dropped (My lawyer is the bomb) and they get the fine reduced.

If you cant get the points. Cheap reliable lawyers exist. You may end up paying instead of 112 dollars 212 dollars, but that is worth not having the points.

I've pretty much covered everything, so you make the best decision you think is right.
                                Last edited by Turbo Dave; 06-24-2009, 02:53 AM.
                                ]

Comment

Working...
                                X