Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SHould I Keep Cb after this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get used head from J/Y for around $300 or less, practice on your blown one, just take off and put beck on, if you can do that than go and buy used head and haynes manual to line up timming belt. another car will cost alot and no guaranty that it will last

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
      Get used head from J/Y for around $300 or less, practice on your blown one, just take off and put beck on, if you can do that than go and buy used head and haynes manual to line up timming belt. another car will cost alot and no guaranty that it will last
      This is the answer. Unless the car is falling apart body wise there's always hope.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

take that head too a shop get it decked for like 5o bones buy a tb and gasket kit be like 2/300 bucks tops

Comment

yea .....man don't keep the car if it is fuckin up

Comment

Originally posted by rodriguezyadir View Post
            yea .....man don't keep the car if it is fuckin up
            my sister got rid of her beater Sentra because she said it was costing her @$50-100 to fix little things. She went and bought a 2001 Corolla and was driving down to Fla. when the trans died. She sold the car to a local mechanis for the price of a plane ticket from Va. to Fla. The Corolla cost her 3k and she is out a bunch of money. by the way a coworker of mine bought the Sentra off her spent $1100 fixing everything correctly and is still driving the car to this day.

fix it right and it will keep on tickin'
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by smoovewun View Post
              timing belt went out the other day and didnt make a single sound...jus died on me....mechanic checked it said it was gone plus the head is damaged...anyway its gonna be around 900$ to fix should i keep it or jus get another car.....and dont say swap lol i cant really afford that funds are very low...but i want a h22 bad o well might as well jus buy another right?
              ummmm... you siad it didnt make "any noise" when it died on ya right? no ping, clank, knock, crunch, no jerking motion?? just flat out died like if you were to turn the key off while driving?

i had this scenario with a friend and his mechanic once where he tried to tell him that.. in his case it ended up being the coil in the diz. ended up being alittle cheaper than the 1600 bucks he quoted lol.

heres the things i would do first:

1. take the tbelt housing off and check it... see how bad it is.

2. replace and re-time engine with a used belt from somewhere... cuz if the engine is screwed, you dont want to waste money on a new one yet.

3. crank the motor over by hand first from tdc to tdc, this well give you an idea if there's anything interfering with the pistons or broken inside the motor before you actually start it.

4. unplug ecu fuse and crank it over for about 2-3 seconds, if it sounds like a typical honda motor cranking, or sound like it did before this whole ordeal the you might be in luck..

5. next you can either do a compression test or you can just throw the fuse back in and see if it runs. if it does, then purchase a new belt and put it on.. remember to tdc everything before doing so. put tbelt housing back on and all. yer good to go.

those are the steps i would take before assuming its totally botched. if for some reason it sounds like it has comp but doesn't start, then do a compression test... if its good and still nothing then its something else in the car... electrical or fuel related.

if your planning on getting rid of the car, its already broken... so ya don't need to put it back together if its royaly screwed lol. and well ya learn a little something out of it.

just my .02cents

chris v
              Last edited by cvandulken; 11-29-2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Its your decision- don't let a bunch of intarweb people make up your mind for you.
                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Get what you want: H22
                  MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

i would just keep it. i mesed up my engine really bad and all i wanted to do was cry ....but after a little wile of thinking to get rid of....i had the money for my engine....what im trying to say is dont get frustrated

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

Working...
                    X