Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

build up of JDM F20B DOHC VTEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build up of JDM F20B DOHC VTEC

so i want to start an all motor build up of my F20B, my goal is to get somewhere around 200-220whp by summer. then possibly add some nitrous, but who knows...so anyone with suggestions feel free!!

i know a lot of the h22 parts swap over, but i know the valves dont!! this is from the ground up, from exhaust, to cam work..so everything is open for disscusion!!

this thread will be used until summer time, when my goal will hopefully be met!!! thanks in advance!

random pics throughout thread

.:edit:. update and new pics on page 7
    .:edit:. TB and IM pics on page 8
    .:edit:. Header install on page 9
    .:edit:. Oil Catch Can and update on page 11
    .:edit:. first time at track results on page 13
    .:edit:. Second trip to the track on page 15
    .:edit:. Dyno numbers and video on page 20
    .:edit:. New track times on page 20

3/14/09 - 192/154 on a Dyno Dynamics

Best time to date (3/13/09) on street tune: 14.37 @ 99mph w/ 2.3 sixty footer, in a 90 Accord Sedan
    Last edited by fatboy1185; 02-25-2010, 06:40 PM.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

cant wait to see the dyno sheet that reads 220+ hp good luck eli

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

what engine management are u going to use? a complete AEM type setup or something simple like the Hondata ones?
      DEVOTE

Comment

its running hondata right now, ill probably change it out though

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
          its running hondata right now, ill probably change it out though
          IF you are running to around 200-220 whp then Hondata will suffice. What do you have the s200?

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i think he has the s100 unit. thing is, he doesnt have the software.

Eli, you should buy the software and I can tune for you.

anyways, ask Juan about any shops around oregon or you may have to send out your head to a reputable shop.

to start, I'd say some cams to open up that long power band, then some exhaust work to compliment it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              i think he has the s100 unit. thing is, he doesnt have the software.

Eli, you should buy the software and I can tune for you.

anyways, ask Juan about any shops around oregon or you may have to send out your head to a reputable shop.

to start, I'd say some cams to open up that long power band, then some exhaust work to compliment it.
              yes, you can tune for me indeed, should i wait until i have more mods? or tune now?? why would i want to send my head out?? so i can have the h22 valves fit??? also, do you mean cam gear? cam shaft??

should i go straight to that before i add bolt ons? wont i need to get it tuned right after i do cam work??

Comment

yea dude, you dont need new valves. if anything, just get oem valves and then get a valve job done.

i meant cam shafts. and no, you dont HAVE to get it tuned, but it would be very wise to do so. especially if you get very aggressive cams.

oh, btw, over sized valves should be the last thing on your mind as they wont really help much with low hp.

get head work, camshafts, throttle body, intake mani or itb's, exhaust work, and tuning. if you want, get higher compression.

Comment

Its not running the s100 unit because it wasnt running right, i had to burn a map with uber data to run it.

I heard that shop over at EL auto parts does a good job, alot of those hot rodder guys go there. last time i wanted to get my head done the guy said 350.

I think we should use Uber or chrome. I plan on buying a wideband some time after i sell my wheels.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

and I plan on buying crome pro. its comparable to hondata

Comment

and I plan on buying crome pro. its comparable to hondata
                      neptune ftw bitches juan didn't you say eli is running the map i played with and am running? joser found me a crome map that looks pretty good i'll be playing with soon too
                      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                      Project 240SX
                      Originally posted by chillin943
                      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

its actually uberdata dude. I opened it up the other day and it didnt look like anything normal. so then i opened it up with uber and bam, it looks good.

anyways, neptune doesnt have rtp according to 2point6, so ill be going with crome pro. its cheaper anyways, lol

Comment

its actually uberdata dude. I opened it up the other day and it didnt look like anything normal. so then i opened it up with uber and bam, it looks good.

anyways, neptune doesnt have rtp according to 2point6, so ill be going with crome pro. its cheaper anyways, lol
                          weird i found one in the crome section and it opened up fine and looked right...neptune does have rtp, it's just not turned on yet, they are working on the final software patch which enables it
                          Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                          Project 240SX
                          Originally posted by chillin943
                          anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                          Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

what throttle body and intake mani should i be using?? for all my cam stuff, im thinking about using the h22 skunk2 stage 2 stuff, all of it should fit (cam gears, cam shaft, retainers, springs) right??

i still need to figure out why my idle is bouncing so much, it bounces from 200 to 3000 at random times....

Comment

clean out your fiv and iacv. cmon eli, search damnit!

Comment

Working...
                              X