Cross Country Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Country Road Trip

So today a friend and I started on a cross country road trip from Seattle, WA and will end up in Tampa, FL and I am taking many photos along the way since there are some beautiful sights along the way and I figured I would share.

Our route. We are making a stop in OH so I can drop some stuff off and take care of things since I have been gone a month now, then down to Montgomery, AL to drop off the rest of my mom's stuff she did not pack in the truck, then to Tampa, FL for a family vacation.

So what are we driving? My mom who is moving from WA to AL bought a Jeep for a great price, a TJ with 100,000 miles for $4500. No A/C which really sucked for the last bit in WA and parts of OR and the deserts of ID. We were in an average of 105 degree temperature throughout the day. And also what really sucks, no cruise control.

Here are some of todays highlights.

Oregon is serious about litter!

Day 2 might not be as exciting. But it looks like when we go from I-84 and change to I-80E north of Salt Lake City, all the way through WY looks like mountains.
    Last edited by XCRN; 07-06-2015, 01:27 AM.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Did you go through goldendale? or through tri cities? I work on a wind farm in goldendale.

Also she is going to hate driving that thing in the south with no AC.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

If you plan on staying on I-80 through Nebraska, I suggest taking the alternate interstate route. The speed limit is a little slower but it's definitely worth the change in scenery. I-80 through NE and IA is really boring.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
        Did you go through goldendale? or through tri cities? I work on a wind farm in goldendale.

Also she is going to hate driving that thing in the south with no AC.
        We went through the Tri-Cities and those wind farms were before Tri-Cities by maybe an hour. That was her biggest concern is no AC but with selling the house, and the new house being inherited with significantly less owed for it so the profit we make on the house will go for a retrofit which is reasonably priced.

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
        If you plan on staying on I-80 through Nebraska, I suggest taking the alternate interstate route. The speed limit is a little slower but it's definitely worth the change in scenery. I-80 through NE and IA is really boring.
        That is the plan but we decided to go the longer but more scenic route already at the beggining. First half of WY was mesmerizing. I got more photos and will post when I get to hotel. We are 100 miles from Cheyene at the moment. But we want to atleast be 1000 miles away from OH before we pack up for the night.

Comment

Day 2, 800 miles through desert mountains. Started in Idaho and ended up in middle Nebraska. My friend has a friend in Omaha so we are taking the boring route for now. Wyoming is really beautiful is all I can say.

The rest of the trip should be boring so probably will not be anything worth while. But after spending a day home in Ohio, I know the trip from there to Montgomery, AL is really beautiful.

Comment

Dang, too bad you didn't drive through a little further north, through Gillette, but as far as Wyoming being beautiful, you got real lucky, normally its a completely dry dust bowl, we've had quite a bit of rain this year so its still green lol, keep them pic's coming

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Will you be driving through Indianapolis?

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                Dang, too bad you didn't drive through a little further north, through Gillette, but as far as Wyoming being beautiful, you got real lucky, normally its a completely dry dust bowl, we've had quite a bit of rain this year so its still green lol, keep them pic's coming
                Will do. We still went through some dry deserts early on but I find the remote areas really beautiful for some reason. Today all I have seen is corn and cows. Probably took one picture today of this peculiar building somewhere in the middle of NE, but still have 800 miles to go to Ohio. But to Florida it is some nice roads.

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
                Will you be driving through Indianapolis?
                We will be.

Comment

In that case, you can take I-29 to either St Joseph, MO or St Louis before heading east. The drive is broken up a little better than doing a straight shot through IA and it takes a little less time also.

Comment

Got lazy after 3rd day but I left the camera in OH at my place so not too much to upload but did not really see anything spectacular. The third day was hard but pushed through and arrived at my place at 3:00am. Enjoyed a day off home picked up some parts for the BMW, met up with friends, etc. Really needed that break because yesterdays drive from Dayton to Montgomery was easy. Here is the one photo I have at the moment and the stopping point until the 18th when we go down to FL.

Border of AL/TN

The new house.

From the porch. This house is highest in the county and is also said to be possibly the state.

Last edited by XCRN; 07-10-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

On my way to Panama City Beach then to Tampa, then I am done. I have gone from the most NW state in the 48 to the most SE state. Not often you can do that.

Comment

That's an amazing view in the new home!

Also, I'm pretty jealous of your trip. My own trip from Washington wasn't so bad, either, but I missed Wyoming.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          That's an amazing view in the new home!

Also, I'm pretty jealous of your trip. My own trip from Washington wasn't so bad, either, but I missed Wyoming.
                          The few pictures you posted were fantastic and made want to do this even more. I am up for doing it again but with A/C and cruise control next time around.

It really is a nice view but the move was not going to well. We just been having issues with water since they have been serviceing the city pump at the bottom of the hill and the PSI was halfed so being on a hill hardley any water made it to the top. Got a 5 minute shower atleast every 3 days. And to top ot off the furniture was just delivered yesterday, nearly a week late. But hopefuly a week in PC with running water and furniture will help.

Comment

When I made my drive down from Whidbey Island, WA to Jacksonville, FL we took Sunset highway all the way down the I-10 across is was very beautiful. When you hit florida you will wish you had A/C just to warn you. Its very hot here. Love the pictures man!
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Awesome! I plan on driving from nj to cali next winter for vacation, making stops in different states along the way. I love seeing other people making cross country trips like this!

How much did it cost you in gas if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                              X