Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much did you buy your CB7 for? And how much have you spent on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought it for $700, then it cost $150 to register and title it. I've put $350 in parts in it ($220 for iacv, $30 interior door handle, $20 exterior door handle, $25 freon, $55 for new ignition, door lock, and trunk lock cylinders) and all it needs is a gauge cluster (found one at the junk yard for $35 but not planning on getting it too soon, maybe after I get pulled over and get the 10 day grace period to have a working speedometer), gear synchro for 3rd (I'll probably do all of them, 5th isn't the best and the car has 170k miles and has never had a tranny flush), and now I have to figure out why it's overheating when it idles for a while and fix that... But other than that, it's good! Already painted (which I'll do again, I want black bc red attracts cops), lowered, and windows are tinted! I might get rims at some point but the 16" steelies are fine for now, I like the look of them more than the look of a lower bank account balance.

Comment

Bought My Cb7 For $1000
      Have Had It For About 2 Months Now

Have Replaced
      Water Pump
      Thermostat
      Radiator
      Headgasket
      Intake Manifold Gasket
      Clutch Ms
      Clutch Sc
      Clutch Line

So Maybe A Total Of Anothe 200-300. Not To Bad. Now That Its All Fixed Car Is Running Great. Just Need To Rebuild The Spare H2u5 Trans I Have Because This One Is On It Way Out

Comment

Mine was free and I've got about $3,000 invested.

Comment

Just bought my second coupe a week ago for $2000 and so far just on fixing the tings wrong with it I am at about $500, and will take another 1500-3000 to get the rest fixed, which includes, a bit of rust I found at the top of the windshield after the front windshield molding came loose, luckily I won't be paying for dent removal, or it would easily add another 1500 to the tab, but once I get everything fixed its mod time.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

1990 Accord DX 4 door 5spd

I spend 750 bucks on a payment plan that i set up with a buddy. 132,000 miles. I've put 15k on it since October of last year.

Has very little rust (biggest issue where I live on the ocean, lol) and only a few real issues. I think I made an alright choice based on my other options.

I had to do some basic maintenence totalling around like a hundred bucks, and i've done the valve cover gasket twice because I'm inexperienced and messed it up the first time. So around 65 bucks for that.

Also an IAT sensor for $30

Other than that, i have to make it stickerable. So that will be new tires (obv) making the exhaust acceptable (it's a shitty fart pipe. I'm still learning more about what I have to do, haha) a new windshield and some random small things.

Comment

ok! that was awesome! thanks for posting.

.................................................. .................................................. .............................

(Dịch: up cho thớt bay lên cao !)

.................................................. .................................................. .............................

gia cap dien cadivi

Comment

BÃ*i viết của bạn rất hữu Ã*ch. Cố gắng phát huy hÆ¡n nữa nhé! Xin cảm Æ¡n! Nhân tiện tôi xin cÅ©ng xin giá»›i thiệu, tôi lắp đặt mạng internet viettel. Nếu bạn có nhu cầu lắp đặt intenret của viettel thì inbox cho tôi nhé, cáp quang 20Mbs chỉ có 200.000Ä‘/tháng thôi :P

Comment

Bought my 93 for 800 I'm figuring I've got close to 2000 in it total. Not including my rim and tire combo
                  -blower motor& resistor
                  -main relay
                  -fuel pump
                  -clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing
                  -slave cylinder, clutch master cylinder
                  -r.o.h conversion (hubs,wheel bearings,rotors,pads)
                  -upper/lower control arms, balljoints, inner & outer tierods
                  -starter
                  -alternator
                  Now I've got to figure out the rear suspension noise and replace everything back there, coilovers to get rid of the current monster truck stance. Either rebuild the head or buy a new one (my valves make alot of noise and valves were properly adjusted)
                  There is plenty more quirks and bugs that need to be worked out before the car is perfect

Comment

I Bought mine bone stock Auto with 150000 kms back in May 2014. If I was to add everything I spent, itll be somewhere around 15k if I added all the money on parts/ labour. But I can happily say I love my CB now and its 5 Speed with tasteful mods. Still more to come. Here's how she looks now

Comment

I paid $1000 for mine

Comment

My team and I paid $2100 for our 1991 LX. It already had a LeMons compliant cage, race seat, race harness, and cutoff switch. The cage would have cost $2k so it was a pretty good deal.

I keep a spreadsheet of costs so we know who has spent what which tells us roughly what fraction of the car each of us owns. Including the purchase, and expendables like oil, brakes, and tires, and things like wheels and repairs we've spent $14,104 on the car so far.

For all that money our car has one seat, no interior, no side windows, no ac, and no ps. Every body panel is at least a little banged up and the frame is probably a little bent. It rattles like hell, has roll-on rustoleum paint and isn't even street legal.
                        ==========================
                        1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                        1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                        Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                        Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                        M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                        Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

paid $200 for it

spent $3800 on it swap is in there to.

Comment

$700 I think for my current CB. Or that was the asking price. I honestly dont remember exactly. However,

Daily driver, $700 purchase price, $2100 in it including all maintenance, labor billed (exhaust, lifetime alignment etc nothing mechanical).

$2800 total and driven it almost everyday to work for 18 months.

Comment

Paid £1650 for it, plus £1500 on air ride kit. So it owns me £3100. But only the plus side it could very well be the only one in the UK on air

Comment

originally bought my first CB3 with only 50k miles for 1900€. completely rust free, stock carburated F20A6. had to do timing belt, cv boots and a complete service though. after that, a lot of money was spent on parts - resurfaced USDM alloys, parking pole, leather interior, new radio antenna, AC, wooden shift knob and steering wheel, personal box and a lot of small details. stopped counting how much money i spent over the time.
                                currently running a pgm-efi cb3 with f20A4 as a daily, bought if for 1350€ with some rare parts - including another set of wooden steering wheel/knob, center console armrest, personal box and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X