Just What Everyone Needs: Army Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just What Everyone Needs: Army Truck

My neighbor's son showed up today with this. 1968 Army truck. He bought it from an army base in South Carolina. He drove his 5 series BMW down, then found a loading dock of the right height and drove the bimmer onto the back of the truck for the drive home. Tubro flex fuel, supposedly runs on anything that will burn. I need to get some video - it sounds healthy! I'm just glad he doesn't live with his parents any more - my bedroom is on that side of the house.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:43 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Holy mackerel lol. These things are beasts. I drove one when I was in years ago. What is he going to do with it?

Comment

Friend in high school had one. Multi-fuel. Could piss in the fuel tanks and as long as it had a ratio of around 50% diesel it would run like no ones business. Can ford a river with water in the cab up past your waist. Very cool trucks.

Comment

Lol what's the point in having a boat then?
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

They are so cheap to pickup. My buddy just picked up a 5 ton. Paid like 7700 with shipping and paperwork lol.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Boats? Who needs a boat when you have an M923A2.

I found one for $5500 once. Don't remember the version but it was a 3 ton truck. For 5500 it needed a lot of work but ran and drove.

Comment

Wow that is incredible! What a find. I don't think I have ever seen a civilian own one of these vehicles. Come to think of it I did not even know that they were allowed to purchase them.

I believe it was asked before but what are his plans for it?

Looks like it needs some TLC. The army probably just let it rot in the elements.

Comment

True story here:

When my dad was in the National Guard Reserve in the late 1960's, his base was somewhere in NY that he had to go to once a week and two weeks in the summer. He and a buddy snuck off base one weekend and drove one of those down to MA so that he could take my Mom out on a date. Apparently he actually showed up to her place driving it thinking it wouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

i recently watched a roadkill / finigin's garage episode where they went to a auction to buy one of these. The lot had tons of these for sale that one could buy. I guess army surplus for these is not open to the public.

Comment

So how did he get the Bimmer down once home?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      So how did he get the Bimmer down once home?
                      Found a loading dock of the right height and drove it off.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I've seen a couple of these around here for sale, never asked how much because I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.
                        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
                        X