No announcement yet.

Coloradoans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went 2 years ago, but parked at the bottom and stayed near the start line but this year I'd like to go near Devils playground if it's still possible, and yeah we definitely need to meet up before hand, this time I'm going to force my friend Chris to get up earlier so we can get there before they stop letting people drive up to the higher parking area

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

When I went in 2010 there was a dirt parking lot in Devil's Playground, and that's where I was. Since it's been paved, I don't know. I imagine it's still there; I wasn't paying attention when I went up there for a drive on my own a couple summers ago

Shots I took at the 2010 event from Devil's Playground, when it was still kinda the good ol' days of it being part gravel. Definitely the best place to watch. Aside from the view, there are other great sections nearby you can walk to between cars.

^SCR is right in my new hometown of Loveland, too. I'm going to them when I eventually get my H22 built. I figure, who better? They do all kinds of competitive racing, and tune street cars as well.

People come from all over the world to watch this race. The joys of living in Colorado...

Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-05-2015, 11:03 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I hope I can at least make it to watch!!

You guys are welcome to crash here on your way down if you need a place to stop over that is not too far from the event.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yeah same here, its fun to watch, I am sure I will be staying at the same place I did for CUSCC, and its like a 15 minute drive to the gate of pike peak, but if not ill hit you up, I may or may not be in a new cb haha, hoping I am, if so im driving that beast down

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Next Sunday, June 7th. Concours d'Elegance at Arapahoe Community College:

And Tuner Mayhem (show and drags) at Bandimere Speedway:

I'll definitely be hitting Concours, since it's more my taste in cars, but I'll see about cramming in Mayhem again.

It's also worth reminding about Pikes Peak since ticket prices are crazy this year. Used to be $45 to get in, now it looks like $60 if you get one beforehand, plus bring your own food if you want to eat that day. Mike, if you're going, King Soopers sells tickets; fee I think is another $5.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-31-2015, 10:18 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I will be getting a ticket this week to Pikes Peak... Unfortunately I won't be around the weekend of June 7th, so I will won't be able to make it to either of the two you just posted.

Current cars:

Comment

fyi: TicketsWest system is down state-wide, tickets are not able to be purchased from any places like king soopers. No ETA on when available. hopefully i can buy it online lol

Current cars:

Comment

Man, I really wish I had gone to the hill climb when I was in CO 2 years ago... Driving up in my civic was still pretty fun though!

Now if I wanted to go I would have to take leave and like pay money to get there, lol.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

cp[mike] I may have to take you up on that offer to crash at your place if its still open, because I will be coming down solo now

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                      cp[mike] I may have to take you up on that offer to crash at your place if its still open, because I will be coming down solo now
                      Haha yeah dude no problem, you got my cell, feel free to hit me up whenever.

Current cars:

Comment

darn! Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forums for some time. Currently busy with getting the accord dialed in. Unfortunately, loaned it to my brother for work and he decided to drive in into a big old puddle with our recent rain. No hydrolock but there's probably water in places there shouldn't. Welcome Mike! Hope you're settled in.

Comment

^ Yeesh, fingers crossed for you.

I haven't checked into tickets yet, but if TicketsWest continues to be down, you can still pay at the gate.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'm Double checking with my parents to make sure we have nothing planned for Sunday since its out family reunion from the 29th to the 4th I'm making sure they didn't plan anything extra and if not I'll be buying a ticket if it allows me too but if not then cp[mike] we can buy at the gate together and save ourselves $10 a piece since we will be in the same car be prepared to get there at 6:00-6:30 if you want to go anywhere past the starting line which I would recommend but we will be stuck there until at least 5-6 of we do lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

So... I screwed up. Poor planning, and now I don't have the cash to go. A week ago, I may or may not have ordered a Super Nintendo with the money I was supposed to save for this trip.

I'll have to settle for popping Dirt into the PS3 and racing the road in a game.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Popping in for a heads up on a couple import shows the first two weekends of May...

Sun. May 1 - CUSCC @ 1-4p @ 10685 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, CO (BUT MAY CHANGE)
                                http://www.cusportcar.com/2016-show-registration/

Sun. May 8 - Simply Fresh Battle Royal @ 11a-6p @ National Western Complex, 4655 Humboldt St, Denver CO 80216
                                https://m.facebook.com/SimplyFreshFitment

IDRC Tuner Mayhem drags & show will likely be about the same time in June again as well...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X