Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

EGR block off plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can take out your EVAP while your at it as well.
    www.850fab.com
    IG - @850Fab
    FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      p06 is not wired for EGR, so it wouldnt be functional anyway. pitch it!

egr is an emissions system, not an essential system.
      what about a p28

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
        what about a p28
        Doesnt look for EGR either but its extra money if you have a non vtec motor. If you have a vtec motor the price is justifiable. The p06 can also be converted to a p28.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          disabling the EGR will reduce the heat in the CC. it is there for smog purposes but yes, a chipped ecu will rid the system for finding the egr.

maybe disabling, but not just blocking it off on an engine/ecu thats meant to have it.

when the computer opens the egr valve its substituting normal outside air with air that contains less oxygen in it and therefore requires less fuel to burn. just blocking that off will lean out the motor when it it "thinks" that the egr system is open and will actually cause it to run hotter. Maybe its not enough to hurt anything but you certainly are not gaining anything by blocking it off.
          www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
          http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

this is what i found. its intresting i just qoted him from another thread so hes no flamming nor am i. just though this was good info

Originally posted by bcjammerx
            I'm not going to be polite so sorry.

The egr does NOT increase combustions chamber temps...it does the EXACT opposite!

The egr REDUCES the combustion chamber temps guys...you should really learn about what your cars parts do before you start messing with them.

Taking it off will increase your risk of NOx and knocking.

It will not increase horsepower by any percent AT ALL.

The egr does not operate at WOT.

The egr does not operate at idle.

The egr ONLY operates when you are cruising at higher speeds.

It puts a minor amount of exhaust gas into the cylinder which reduces the combustible amount of gas...giving you a lessened bang...thus decreasing the temp.

This increases fuel economy.

But it only does this at idle...the INSTANT you raise your rpms...it stops doing this.

This is a pointless mod and not worth being done...so undo it...quit wasting your time with it.

Another pointless mod that I put in the same category as this is taking the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator. Make you dump excess fuel even at idle.

Please learn what you are doing before you do it...you are wasting your time and reducing your fuel economy.

The best advice for you on this...is undo it...and put it back the way it was. Even if your egr was clogged...get one off a junk yard and replace it...knocking is not cool.

Comment

Thanks for the quote. I do have to say though that was for an N/A motor...as to using on a turbo...I can't see how you would actually gain anything...it only operates under vacuum...so it shouldn't do anything during boost...but...I'm not fully versed on turbo tuning yet...

Any one with turbo exp. got thoughts?

I don't think taking off the egr would gain anything...even on a turbo build...but...I can't see it hurting anything taking it off for turbo build....I mean since you're running boost and are already going to take extra measures to keep combustion chamber temps down it might not matter...but again...I'm not turbo guru
              ____

Comment

Working...
              X