Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake booster aint boostin shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake booster aint boostin shit!

Aright so when I brake, my pedal fades until it becomes a "hard pedal". While I'm on the brakes it hisses like a vacuum leak. So, I had my sister pump the brakes (while the car was running). and I listened under the hood for the source of the leak. Turns out it was from my booster check valve. I replaced that...still hard pedal. I checked the hoses, and they were all cracked and shit where they met the check valve, so I replaced those. Mind you, I just went to the nearest auto store and bought 11/32" vacuum line and cut it to length. I didn't buy the direct replacement part from the dealer...just cuz. I didn't think it'd make a difference. But needless to say, it's still hard! haha what the hell's the problem?

^^click it or ticket^^

Maybe the brake booster itself.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

ah balls, how do I replace that? just order a whole new brake booster and Chilton the shit out of it?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I think it's an easy fix , you just need a manual and probably a help from a friend to get you calm when you panic. Lol j/k buddy.

Comment

Any chance the vac hose you bought just isnt strong enough? It may be collapsing if its not the right size or whatever, iirc the stock hose is pretty stout.
          www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
          http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

That does make sense Rosko. How would I figure that out? Just look at the hose an feel it when someone hits the brakes?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91
              That does make sense Rosko. How would I figure that out? Just look at the hose an feel it when someone hits the brakes?
              No as soon as the car is started vaccum will be applied to that hose so if its gonna collapse it should do it right away. Dunno if thats it or not but I used some cheap hose for a PCV line once and it did just that.

Comment

Yeah I def didn't use the Dealer one, I went just cut it to length. I'll check that out this morning before school

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

also make sure you got the check valve on correctly haha, maybe its just backwards?

Comment

haha I wish I made that mistake...as long as E means engine...then it's on right

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Working...
                    X