Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosko
    Just ran the numbers...

With just a head change it looks like you would go all the way down to 9.3:1 compression.

h22 head + h22 pistons is gonna be about 11.1:1 which is a pretty good place to be.
    Sorry to bump an older thread, but is this h22 pistons on H23 rods and crank? Which is same has F22 rod and crank I think?
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Ok, here is my current theory that may come into reality.

Say I got a h22a4 motor with a thrown rod from a 2000 prelude. Then got a decent H23 block with pistons/rods/crank. Took timing gear from H22, pistons from H22 put them on H23 block, slap on H22 head. Put in car, then enjoy, it would work? Basically the LS/VTEC for Prelude/Accords, right?
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        Sorry to bump an older thread, but is this h22 pistons on H23 rods and crank? Which is same has F22 rod and crank I think?

sorry, yeah that assumes H23/F22 crank and rods in both setups.
        www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
        http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
          Ok, here is my current theory that may come into reality.

Say I got a h22a4 motor with a thrown rod from a 2000 prelude. Then got a decent H23 block with pistons/rods/crank. Took timing gear from H22, pistons from H22 put them on H23 block, slap on H22 head. Put in car, then enjoy, it would work? Basically the LS/VTEC for Prelude/Accords, right?

yeah that would work. just remove the oil control orfice from the top of the H23 block and use a 92-96 h22 head gasket.
          www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
          http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Working...
          X