Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Block Sleeving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord R33
    Honestly, he has a point. When was the last time you heard of someone cracking an F22 block?

In the 4 years iv been on this site, iv never seen it.

I would spend the money elsewhere, like tuning. THAT will ensure reliability.
    On this site, being the key words. I have seen open deck honda blocks with holes in them. In person.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
      On this site, being the key words. I have seen open deck honda blocks with holes in them. In person.
      As have I, but NOT F22s.

If the OP is SERIOUS about making over 450whp, then sleeving is definitely a good idea. But how many people actually go through with plans that big?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        As have I, but NOT F22s.

If the OP is SERIOUS about making over 450whp, then sleeving is definitely a good idea. But how many people actually go through with plans that big?
        ME.....

Its been said so many times its not funny. Im taking my time with this and getting it done right. Thats why there isnt no big threads and barely anyone know's about it.

Comment

whater u make im gonna break with my stock sleeves! nah kidding, to me 330whp is WAY more then enough for everyday driving, and the option of raising the boost and making 400+ is always there when an exotic pulls up beside you
          1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

I received a called earlier from Jeff at Import builders. He quoted me $1150 For their stage one Sleeves, And $1270 I think for their stage 2 sleeves.

That's with full machining, bore, deck, and hone to my piston's.

I Think I might give them my business. MIGHT. I'm still looking into the other possible candidates.

Their stage 2 sleeves:

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
              ME.....

Its been said so many times its not funny. Im taking my time with this and getting it done right. Thats why there isnt no big threads and barely anyone know's about it.
              Trust, he's serious. Thats why he's been extra cautious about the build.

To me Honda blocks are Honda blocks. They are all built alike, so if a D-Series is spitting up internals, then a F-series block has the potential to do so too.

The reason why you don't see the F22's spitting up internals is because...how many built F22 turbos even exist...?

For a community that gets ragged on alot, the Civic/Teggy guys definitely have more balls than most other tuner communities. Thats why its much more common to find these things over there. I actually do most of my building/turbo research through their examples.

Comment

HMMMM......

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

im getting the golden eagles as we speak! they are building my entire shortblock, balancing, blueprinting, rod sizing, bead blasting the block, ring sizing, bearing sizing and much more for 2000$ ah.... money well spent especially when im going to be putting down somewhere between 600-625 hp

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                  member ride thread
                  11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                  People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                  I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                  John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                    im getting the golden eagles as we speak! they are building my entire shortblock, balancing, blueprinting, rod sizing, bead blasting the block, ring sizing, bearing sizing and much more for 2000$ ah.... money well spent especially when im going to be putting down somewhere between 600-625 hp
                    Awww you looser, Its more fun building the engine by yourself.

Which sleeves are you getting from golden eagle? And how much they charging you for the sleeving and machine work alone?

Comment

call me a loser eh.. granted yes i know and have built many motors in my day but i no longer have the facilities to do it now plus on an engine that is going to be making over 500 hp and be reliable id rather leave it to someone that builds thousand hp motors all the time! they are only charging me 800 for the sleeving and another 200 for bore and hone the rest is all packaged including shipping. they are the hd sleeves.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                        call me a loser eh.. granted yes i know and have built many motors in my day but i no longer have the facilities to do it now plus on an engine that is going to be making over 500 hp and be reliable id rather leave it to someone that builds thousand hp motors all the time! they are only charging me 800 for the sleeving and another 200 for bore and hone the rest is all packaged including shipping. they are the hd sleeves.
                        Just jerking ur chains, How much power they said the hd sleeves will handle?

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                          Just jerking ur chains, How much power they said the hd sleeves will handle?
                          I've heard them brag on other forums saying they are virtually indestructable. Holding something like 90 psi! (not that the rest of the motor will hold even close to that) But still they are a badass sleeve and looks to me like one of the best designs as far as keeping them from sinking in the block like others.
                          www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
                          http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

I used Golden Eagle on my h22 with no problems thus far and used darton sleeves via rs machining on my b20 block without issues as well. You have erl, aebs and benson that does sleeving of blocks. Jeff at importbuilders.com knows his shit too. For Golden Eagle I would have to say go thru Tom @ camp1320.com for a good price.
                            Carlos
                            My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Accord SiR
                              I used Golden Eagle on my h22 with no problems thus far and used darton sleeves via rs machining on my b20 block without issues as well. You have erl, aebs and benson that does sleeving of blocks. Jeff at importbuilders.com knows his shit too. For Golden Eagle I would have to say go thru Tom @ camp1320.com for a good price.

Thanks, How much did you get the H done for from golden eagle?

Comment

i paid 1600 for the sleeves and custom CP pistons thru jeff @ import builders... he said 1300hp wont break these sleeves....but that would def break my bank.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                                X