Engine Bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Bogging

so, i took my car out of storage last month. i have only drivin it a couple of times. when im driving, the car will start to sputter and have no power. usually once the tranny gets into overdrive. i can shift to neutral and the engine revs up perfectly fine. when its in gear though, no matter what gear i put it in, it has no power. its kind of like a bucking bogging thing going on. ill have to pull over and if i shift through the gears, park, neutral, reverse, and then start going, it runs fine. what could the problem be? is it my tranny?

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Any cel's?

Start with a tune up.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

i do have a cel its for my cylinder position sensor. it was on last year as well, with no problems though

Comment

How long was the car sitting in storage? Did you put "stabil" in the gas? If not, your gas may have gone "bad." Fill the tank with some fresh gas and your problem may go away.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Likely your source my ef back in the day had a cps cel would run fine one minute the next it was bogging like it's running out of fuel.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

sat for about 4 moths. i have run 93 and fuel cleaner through it twice with no improvement.

your car would run fine all year? because mine was running perfect all last year and now its doing this. i guess it couldnt hurt to replace the dizzy

Comment

Not every car will act the same. Point is it will cause issues as you have describe you know you have the cel that's where you should start.

02 Crv

Comment

alright ill start with that. seems like a reasonable place to. but why would it run fine and then do this now? not arguing you, im just curious?

Comment

Mine would go hundreds of miles an then bammm act up. Hard telling honestly but it will cause such an come an go until it completly goes out.

02 Crv

Comment

interesting. looks like ive got my weekend planned out! thank you for the help

Comment

so ive decided to delete my egr valve all together. i have heard that this block off plate will fit my car, but i just wanted to make sure before i go and order it.

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/h...plate-egr-port

Comment

From the sounds of it, you might have a faulty o2 sensor. A quick check if its the culprit is to simply unplug it. Yes it will cause your cel to come on, but the ecu will no longer be able to read (the false) input, and run off 'basemaps' with inputs from the other sensors.

If while unplugged the issue does not occur, then it is the o2 sensor, and should be replaced with a Denso or NTK only, as BOSCH sensors have issues more than 90% of the time. Last time I checked you can get a Denso shipped to your door from Rock Auto for under $40.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

that was next on my list. i unplugged the egr valve and the car still does the same thing. im going to be doing fuel filter, plugs, wires and dist cap soon here, so i might as well change that while im doing the other stuff

Comment

would any of these suggestions cause the engine to rev up perfectly while its in neutral? does it just apply when theres a load on the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
                              would any of these suggestions cause the engine to rev up perfectly while its in neutral? does it just apply when theres a load on the engine?
                              When my o2 sensor was going bad and causing bogging, I could free neutral rev all day without issue / sputtering, and while it was sputtering, if I went WOT (Wide Open Throttle), it 'breaks free' from the spell it was under, and takes off like nothing is wrong.

When you go WOT, the ecu stops relying on the o2 sensor for input, and starts running off its basemaps, and you can force this all the time by unplugging the sensor until you get it replaced, as I'm pretty sure having the old sensor in there has more potential for harm then running off basemaps.

Honestly, I would save the money from the rotor, wires, and cap replacement, and instead invest that money towards fixing what I'm 99% sure is your problem, hell even diagnosing if it is the part is free, so what is there to lose? If you have a dx/lx pop your hood, and unplug the connector on the o2 sensor, otherwise you will have to reach under the car to unplug it if you have an ex or better model (Referring to US Models).
                              Last edited by cloudasc; 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM.
                              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X