Ehhh the wife lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehhh the wife lol

Okay so im at the point where I wanna leave the scene but leave comfortably but at the same time not attract too much attention. Now iv'e come to the conclusion that since I have a child that maybe the evo is not in my best interests. I don't drive wreckless with other people in my car to the point to where it becomes dangerous.

So being having said that I can keep the evo and let it sit or get rid of it and get a Nissan Altima 2005 se-r or a cb7 which my wife hates I don't really wanna hear her mouth or I can go for the civic si four-door. So can anyone tell me how is the Nissan Altima se-r and the civic si 4 door 2010?

Altima SE-R!!! From what i hear, they're the same as the 350z but in a 4-door. I love them.
    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
      Altima SE-R!!! From what i hear, they're the same as the 350z but in a 4-door. I love them.
      350z = RWD.

Altima = FWD.

Not the same.

Nissan interiors look and feel cheap, in my opinion.

I'd go with the Civic SI.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

have it both ways man.

you cant change a man because he doesnt outgrow his toys; they just get bigger.

Comment

I agree on Nissan interiors feeling cheap. It's sporty, but honestly... a 7th gen Accord (or newer) V6 will likely give you similar performance in a nicer package.

CBs at this point are probably best left as project cars. They're nice, and they're easy to work on... but they need work now. Even the best of them. They're old cars.

Do you have room to have a project car AND a family car? If so, get the most boring, comfortable, reliable, safe, family-friendly ride you can to appease the wife and keep everyone safe. Then stick with the Evo, or find something else fun to mess with in your spare time.
          Plus, if you replace your Evo with a sporty family sedan, you know you're going to want to modify it! It's in your blood, man!

Comment

01-06 Elantra

Good family car and alot of women like them.

And not that expensive to start off with.
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

just get a new hyundai with a warranty. screw trying to fix your own cars.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                just get a new hyundai with a warranty. screw trying to fix your own cars.
                That is why we got our Elantra through a private sale from the original owner.

Woman in her 60's who bought the car new and had all the receipts for any work done to it.

Comment

Hyundais are decent vehicles now. Not incredible, as they still cut corners in some places... but for the average car owner, they hit most of the important points. Same goes for Kia (which is essentially Hyundai's budget brand... I have a feeling Hyundai is trying to turn Kia into their "Toyota", and redefine the Hyundai brand as their "Lexus".)
                  My friend's ex had a Kia Optima hybrid. Very cool looking car, had a decent ride, nice features. Seats were a little chintzy, but overall, a very nice car. Full size hybrid, brand new, for something like $22,000.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I agree on Nissan interiors feeling cheap. It's sporty, but honestly... a 7th gen Accord (or newer) V6 will likely give you similar performance in a nicer package.

CBs at this point are probably best left as project cars. They're nice, and they're easy to work on... but they need work now. Even the best of them. They're old cars.

Do you have room to have a project car AND a family car? If so, get the most boring, comfortable, reliable, safe, family-friendly ride you can to appease the wife and keep everyone safe. Then stick with the Evo, or find something else fun to mess with in your spare time.
                    Plus, if you replace your Evo with a sporty family sedan, you know you're going to want to modify it! It's in your blood, man!
                    I have a reliable sedan but i'm a little skeptical on the evo thing. Sure its a nice car it does the job great but once a part breaks or goes ouch.... costly and no one carries or barely carries parts I noticed. I do my cars right by me all the time and expect the same in return but for the money I have it but its just a pita when the car speaks back.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                      That is why we got our Elantra through a private sale from the original owner.

Woman in her 60's who bought the car new and had all the receipts for any work done to it.
                      The cars are nice to look at but as far as other things I rather not with them I even seen that some don't even come with a spare tire. All they give you is a can of fix a flat lol. Insult to injury at a glance.

Comment

A lot of cars come with a can of fix a flat these days!
                        Or run flat tires (my girl's mini cooper s came with run flats, because the battery is in the "trunk"... leaving no room for even a donut.)

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                          The cars are nice to look at but as far as other things I rather not with them I even seen that some don't even come with a spare tire. All they give you is a can of fix a flat lol. Insult to injury at a glance.
                          my wife's hyundai came with a donut spare but i changed that to a full-size spare

just changed the oil last week

come on up to the city and check it out

Comment

Well i dont think the altima se-r (or altima period) has ever been a part of car and drivers 10 best list. I know that the civic accord and honda Fit HAVE been. however the altima is slightly bigger being almost midsized now. the civic, even though it has grown up, is still a compact car. they are kind of apples to oranges. I would keep the evo and de-tune it. or go for a subaru WRX. all wheel drive, decent saftey rating. helps retain manhood lol. all without the hooliganism of a STi.

any way you cut it your in a better posistion than me. I have to get a minivan. i have three kids now. but the cb7 isnt going anywhere. it will just be my wifes car.

good luck
                            -sean
                            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I would go for the civic. I have a 2005 Altima 2.5S. The 3.5 had a few problems such as excess oil consumption caused by a sensor and would cause the engine to seize. They may have remedied that particular car but that's something I would check into. Alsi, you'll be required to run 91 octane or higher in the 3.5.

On my 2.5S I just had to replace spark plugs and coils. They have individual coils and will run you $53 each for a generic parts store brand. OEM will be a little more expensive. Thankfully, my brother has two altimas and two spare engines.
                              Last edited by dysfunk; 12-23-2013, 01:15 PM.
                              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Working...
                              X