Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

I swear, the Facebook group is ruining it for me. Nothing but halfassed cars, unsafe mods, completely wrong information, idiot kids (and worse, adults) typing like they're in 2nd grade...

Worse yet, everyone is expected to be "positive and supportive".

Is this what the CB7 scene is about? Is this what we've become?
    The forum activity has slowed down considerably since the Facebook group emerged. I'm sure a good number of you are active on that group as well.

Anyway, I'm asking you guys to show me some cars, point me to some projects, show me ANYTHING to remind me that this scene isn't all about ebay sleeves on stock shocks, $35 HIDs in stock housings, rattle-can paintjobs, and wheels that don't fit.

Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183263

Keepinitclean, prime example.

I think people like the group because there are less rules to abide by. People can talk like they do in real life, like an OG or whatever.
      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
      1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

I hate facebook.

I think it's just the scene in general. At meets there's clean cars with functional mods that get no attention. Then there's rotted civics and 240s with cut springs and xxrs that get featured and all the hype.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I don't do facebook, so I have no idea what's going on there. Mine are mostly stock daily drivers, but I rely on the knowledge and skill of everyone on CB7tuner to help me keep them running and looking good.

90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I'm with Fleetwood here.

Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Remember, the majority of group is judged by their worst few. Likely those cars you described (I don't know, F F-BOOK!) will not last long, so we can wait for poor examples to find themselves in a scrap-yard. Eventually we will be owners of "classics" and despite the amount of the CBs built, this was the chassis that made the Accord what it is now giving it an interesting story (Refer to Top Gear's guidelines to being a classic). Datsun when they still existed were known to be cheap cars, "the Kia of yester-year" and now they are classics (I think deev mentioned that somewhere). Our time will come.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I think there are quite a few members on with nice cars. Like fleetwood and mtnbikaah. My car is a daily. So it will never be a showroom car like DJ posted.

I think the cars are cheap easily avail. The problem is everybodies likes and dislikes are different.

I bet the average age of people who responded in this thread is about 38 which is way older than the avg member.

steve

Comment

You couldn't pay me to read a facebook, so I don't know what's up there.

I'm only just beginning, but I can promise you that mine is an all-out, top-to-bottom, inside-and-out, quality project with the end goal being my personal idea of the perfect car. The trouble is, quality parts cost serious money, so it will be a few years in the making.

Out with the old:

And starting from scratch with the new (I even went looking for a cheap-ass apartment to fund this endeavor!). Just shy of $10k in specific parts picked out and it'll only be pushing ~240whp. Quality means reliability, in my opinion.

Despite not owning a CB7 anymore and driving around in a much more capable RSX for the last year, I haven't lost an ounce of motivation.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-05-2013, 09:13 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I like trolling the group honestly when you give helpfuly advise or call someones bs because you know there lying they go full blown crazy on you

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Let the kids have the facebook group. The real builds are still here!
                      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

deev..I hate facebook, is that faction even related to "us"?
                        Heres my contribution to the scene. 2 grand in engine and trans, about 2 grand in suspension all going into a 400$ roller. Most people tell me Im insane. We'll see how insane I am when Im ripping it down the tarmac.

I actually love these cars, most I think cant say the same riding on others creative coat tails. being trendy. I hate that shit.
                        And I dont even have money for this addiction but I make things work.
                        If I cant mod my car the right way that chapter will be bypassed till feasible.
                        All the wrong shit done to my SE that Ive had to undo or redo has been a perfect teaching tool.
                        I cant wait till I get this LX going. Clean and Mean.
                        Dont let the masses of mindless followers put a sour taste in your mouth, shit like that comes and goes in waves. I feel a renaissance will transpire this spring.
                        We cant educate them all. People want to hear what they want. They want to cut coils and slam their shit on a dollar budget let them, you cant preach to the choir and if what you have to contribute doesnt fancy their agenda thyll do as they please.
                        All the honda hoopdis on the road I avoid cause Its so prevalent to slap some shit together and be a danger to everyone else.

We can seperate ourselves from the followers as the prestigious cb7 tuners who do things right and have the whip to prove it.

yadda yadda yadda..

Im glad I deleted my facebook a couple years ago, Its a stinking hole of gossip and others following others originality. Most people that are on that shit 24x7 are wankers anyway, I just hope the people on there eventually wake up.

Comment

I feel like a lot of that attitude is the entire Honda scene. A big reason why I got out of it. (Deeve probably will lump me into that group because I had XXR's and stretched tires

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                            I bet the average age of people who responded in this thread is about 38 which is way older than the avg member.

steve
                            I'm a young buck then, I'm only 21.

honestly I didn't like Hondas before I got the CB I just got it because I needed a car. now, this generation is my favorite chassis.
                            Last edited by Quashish; 12-05-2013, 10:27 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I see your posts occasionally in there and I start to read the conversation and then I just want to bang my head against the wall.

The problem is that if one person runs a set up and doesn't die in the process, they think it's completely okay.

Comment

Working...
                              X