No announcement yet.

bseballkid1990 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoutout to FFC for the caliper brackets, extended top hats, and shifter bushings! Also ordered in a new Hondata gasket as well. Waiting on the extended top hats and dust boot from HeelToe and the coilovers will go on.

Comment

I finally got around to taking my car to the shop to get the headers/exhaust put on, injectors/fuel rail put on, and intake made since the one I had was thin and crappy. James Emmino at EBtec really did an awesome job on this thing. The intake came out even better looking than I imagined. I love that it's the same size as the throttle body versus before where it had to use a upsizing coupler just to mount to the throttle body.

Here's a picture of the muffler peaking out the back

Kind of hard to see the fuel rail. I didn't realize it sat so much closer to the intake.

Sooo prettyyyy.

Here she is before the tune.

Here's they final dyno pull. James made this car come alive. It's so smooth now while driving it feels like a totally different car.

Last edited by bseballkid1990; 02-27-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

220 at the wheels? Nice man, I bet it hauls ass!
        My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
        Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
        Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
          220 at the wheels? Nice man, I bet it hauls ass!
          Yeah man. The tune smoothed the whole car out. I was doing 80mph in a 45 last night and didn't even realize it. I plan on taking it up to our drag strip this friday.

Comment

Word of adivce if you completely tear down those RL calipers, use heat to get those torx head bolts off. And if you do happen to damage them, the 1995 to 2000 Lexus LS400 caliper hat bolts will work minus the longer bolts that are on inner part the top hat.

I know a lot of guys use the rebuild kit from FFC but I was just told that those ARP bolts arent meant for caliper use.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
              Word of adivce if you completely tear down those RL calipers, use heat to get those torx head bolts off. And if you do happen to damage them, the 1995 to 2000 Lexus LS400 caliper hat bolts will work minus the longer bolts that are on inner part the top hat.

I know a lot of guys use the rebuild kit from FFC but I was just told that those ARP bolts arent meant for caliper use.
              Yeah I don't plan on tearing them down yet. I wanna get them on and all the kinks worked out first.

Comment

Time to finally get these coilovers on. I went with the Tein Street Advance with FFC extended top hats up front.

Comment

noice
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Those FFC top hats just slide over the top of the coil over assembly right? I’m not even completely slammed and I bet those would still help some. That’s a nice setup.
                    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                      Those FFC top hats just slide over the top of the coil over assembly right? I’m not even completely slammed and I bet those would still help some. That’s a nice setup.
                      Yeah they go right on over. They're nice and well built I definitely recommend them. PLUS FFC is having a tax time sale (that I missed of course) so now is the time to buy lol.

Comment

Finished the BBK upgrade. I had to change rims since my others wouldn't clear the calipers without spacers

Before

After

About a week after finishing the brakes my oil light came on going into work. It was a half quart low so I topped it off and thought nothing of it after the light went away. Then it happened again the next day. I did an oil pressure test and it hovered around 30psi when cold and then slowly dropped to 0 when warm .

Cold

Warm

I swapped the motor out with a spare h23 I had in the garage last night with the help of a buddy. All that's left is to bleed the clutch and figure out why it doesn't want to idle when it's warmed up.

Comment

Sucks about your H23A having the oil pump crap out on you. Anymore with any engine's I bring home, I put a new water pump, idler bearings and timing belt on. I also take the oil pump to the machine shop and have them check all the clearances on the gears. My H22A1 pump was toast, but my F22B DOHC pump was almost new, the F20B DOHC pump was in the middle ground for Honda, and my F23A1 pump is actually at the tight end of Honda's specs. Keeps for ease of mind, and helps prevent situations like this. It really doesn't cost much to just have a machine shop check the specs on them.

Anyway glad to see that you got it out hopefully before any damage was done to the engine. Glad to see that you are keeping this Accord on the road irregardless of what is happening to it though.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Long story short is the spare motor was bad as well and the car has been sitting in storage for 6 months. Good news is the shop took my old motor apart and it was just a bad oil pump. They're doing new bearing, polishing the crank, and installing the KS tuned balance shaft delete/oem oil pump. That should be done soon and then back in the car she goes.

Comment

Here it is a year later and I just dropped the cb7 off at the shop a couple weeks ago to get finished. Since my last post I had my guy put in skunk2 pro2 cams and valve train. So now they will be swapping the engines, putting a f22 5th gear in the transmission, installing a catch can setup, nitrous kit, fuel pump, and a few other goodies. Hopefully I'll have it back in the next month or so and I'll be moving up that power board.

Comment

Working...
                              X