Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Honda Civic Sedan Busted Out In The Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Honda Civic Sedan Busted Out In The Open!

Click here to view more photos

Honda's new 2016 Civic sedan is the latest in a series of future models to be captured out in the streets naked before its debut.

Our first impression is that it's one of the most interesting, perhaps even radical-looking, Civic sedans we've seen in years, adopting a striking sloped roofline and more dramatic designs for the front and rear ends – even if they're slightly overdone.

The styling of the new Civic series was previewed by the lime-green Civic Coupe Concept at this year's New York Auto Show in April, but the styling seems to work better here on the sedan body, especially without all the tuning references from the study.

Honda plans to debut the 10th generation of the Civic "on Youtube", according to a company release, on September 16, before it brings it to the Los Angeles Auto Show in late November.

The sedan model viewed here will be followed by a Coupe body and the first-ever five-door hatchback for the U.S. market, together with a Type-R flagship wearing the same 2.0-liter turbocharged engine as the Euro model (read our first drive here) with around 300 horsepower.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/hon...-new-2016.html
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Watch Live Reveal Of All-New 2016 Honda Civic Sedan [First Pics!]

If you're unable to attend Honda's presentation of the all-new 2016 Civic sedan in LA tonight at 6:15 PM PDT / 9:15 PM EST, then tune into our live stream after the jump.

The tenth-generation of the Civic sedan won't come as a huge surprise to anyone following the news, as thanks to a camera-wielding forum fans, we were given our first unfettered look at the compact car less than a week ago.

That's not to say its appearance is mundane – quite the opposite, actually. As you can see for yourself in the gallery, Honda decided it was time to reimagine the Civic giving it bolder and more dynamic styling than ever before with sporty proportions and a striking sloped roofline.

To boost its sporty credentials, the next Civic will feature Honda's new VTEC Turbo engines from the company’s Earth Dreams Technology powertrain series. Aside from the sedan that will be revealed tonight, the new Civic will be offered in Coupe and five-door hatchback body styles in North America.

And if you're still not excited, then learn that a range-topping Type R model powered by a version found in the European hot hatch where it produces 306hp will drop in the States to fight the Ford Focus RS.

Our man Zac will be covering the event in Los Angeles and will be reporting with live pictures and his first impressions later tonight, so keep checking back for more.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/wat...016-honda.html
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Comment

2016 Honda Civic Is Truly All-New – And Turbocharged

Honda went back to the drawing board with the new, 10th generation Civic that was unveiled today during a special event in Los Angeles.

We often hear automakers present revised iterations of existing models as all-new cars, but Honda really means it with the 2016 Civic that brings a bolder and sleeker appearance reminiscent of what other brand's call four-dour coupes, a new chassis, new tech, new engines and even a new body style for America – a five-door hatch.

In LA, the Japanese carmaker introduced the sedan model that will kick off the range next year, followed by a coupe, high-performance Si models, the aforementioned 5-door hatchback, and another first for the US market, a Civic Type R model to rival the Ford Focus RS. The latter is believed to carry a version of the European model's (built in Ohio) 306hp 2.0-liter turbo four.

Speaking of turbos, one of the two new launch engines on the 2016 Civic Sedan is a 1.5-liter direct-injected and turbocharged 16-valve inline-4, mated to a CVT – the first turbo'd engine on a U.S. Honda model. It will be available in EX-T, EX-L trims and Touring trims. According to Honda exec Sage Marie, this unit will produce around "30hp" more than the current 1.8L unit, which puts it to 173hp.

The other unit is a 2.0-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder for the base LX, which Marie said will be the most powerful base engine ever offered on Civic producing 15hp more at 158hp. Buyers will be able to choose between a 6-speed manual or continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT).

Honda said that both engines will are targeted to receive EPA highway fuel economy ratings in excess of 40 mpg.

The new 2016 Civic Sedan is nearly 2 inches wider (albeit 1 inch lower) with a 1.2-inch longer wheelbase than the existing model, yet it’s 68 pounds (31kg) lighter than before. Honda says that it offers an additional 3.7 cubic feet of interior space with 2 inches of extra rear-seat legroom, while trunk space has been increased by 2.6 cubic feet.

The new chassis features a revamped strut front suspension and a new multi-link rear suspension mounted to an ultra-rigid rear subframe, while other notable changes include variable gear ratio steering, beefier front and rear stabilizer bars, standard 4-wheel disc brakes and the application of Honda's Agile Handling Assist brake-torque vectoring technology.

Torsional rigidity of the new body is improved by 25 percent, thanks in part to the more intensive use of ultra-high-strength steel (12 percent vs 1 percent).

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/201...l-new-and.html
      FRIENDS
      DONT LET
      FRIENDS
      ROLL ON
      ROTA'S

Comment

Ill probably get shit for saying this, but I love it. I really like the direction Honda has gone. Very aggressive and sharp lines.

Its definitely a look that you either love or hate, so I expect people to miss the old Honda looks but if you look at it from a business standpoint, Honda has a fuckton of competition these days. Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, all selling A LOT of cars, at least in my area. I see those as often as I do Hondas now.

So they need to change with the times like any one else.

Anyway, I love the sidemarker down low on the bumper, that is a nice touch.

Comment

The body lines remind of of Mazda and Infiniti designs...it's ok I guess

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Damn. Autobots transform.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Ill probably get shit for saying this, but I love it. I really like the direction Honda has gone. Very aggressive and sharp lines.

Its definitely a look that you either love or hate, so I expect people to miss the old Honda looks but if you look at it from a business standpoint, Honda has a fuckton of competition these days. Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, all selling A LOT of cars, at least in my area. I see those as often as I do Hondas now.

So they need to change with the times like any one else.

Anyway, I love the sidemarker down low on the bumper, that is a nice touch.
              at first i didn't like it, but after seeing an unveiling vid on youtube i like it. the only thing i dont like are the wheels. they look base model-ish
              FRIENDS
              DONT LET
              FRIENDS
              ROLL ON
              ROTA'S

Comment

Nissan maxima...fcx clarity, audi a7...there's way too much going on. I like the power train options. Honda's CVT isn't that bad either.

There's a way to incorporate good designs into a new car but this...this is like a big no no.

Comment

Really big car, tiny little wheels.

The pedestrian crash height requirements are absolutely killing the looks of cars with the high belt lines. Even 17" wheels look small these days. I also don't like the machined/black painted wheel trend, reminds me of cheap aftermarket wheels.

Not liking the Acura beak / chrome Chargespeed look either. I see a ton of Volvo S60 in the rear 3/4 view which is both good and bad. The nose is awesome, but it is probably the best looking Civic since the EK era, maybe the 8th gen, but definitely better than the more recent ones.

Comment

^^^the more and more I see this car in other colors, angles and lighting I'm starting to see how hideous it is. Honda's designs in general are getting worse and worse with every generation.
                    FRIENDS
                    DONT LET
                    FRIENDS
                    ROLL ON
                    ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                      The pedestrian crash height requirements are absolutely killing the looks of cars with the high belt lines. Even 17" wheels look small these days.
                      I have to agree. Crumple zone requirements have also been changing the body styling trends, and I don't like the changes. I understand that the Civic is no longer the base model Honda, but they are just getting too big and fat.

Unfortunately, the new Civic reminds me of this:

I can't find one person who owns one of these that loves them.
                      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
                      X