been a minute....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been a minute....

yup im still alive and well. some of you OG's will remember me.
    i ended up selling my accord in the fall of 2013 to pursue another project. it was tough, but the car had sat for 2 years in my shed since i was overly busy building my subaru (which i also sold) and turning my dd lexus into a less boring dd. the accord changed hands a few times before i lost track of it. last i heard the 19 year old stoner kid who ended up with it blew the motor, which boggles my mind as that motor took everything i ever threw at it with no issues at all. i almost wish i had parted it out so it could never fall into the hands of someone who wouldnt respect it for what it was. goes to show you no matter how much of your heart and soul you pour into a car, theres no guarantees the next person will treat it as you did. luckily, i sold my subaru to a close friend, and he loves it just as much as i did when i was in the process of building it. funny thing was, he had two legacys in a row just like mine, that he wanted to mirror my build with but rusted bodies forced him to abandon the projects. and in the end he ended up with the car he wanted to replicate.
    im still good friends with noxidea (sean) who ended up selling his accord also due to rust consuming the chassis. damn new england. the knowledge and experience i gained building my honda is invaluable and i wouldnt have the skills i do today if it wasnt for that build, and this stellar community of enthusiasts that helped me go from a forced induction n00b to a pretty competent mechanic/tuner.
    the car scene has changed tremendously since i joined this forum, and mike (deev) has kept this place going, adapting and tweaking with the times. there honestly isnt another forum like this that ive been part of to date, so consider yourselves lucky to have this one.

whether you stick with this platform for ever, or branch out to another one of the awesome cars that are out there, dont forget to remember where you started and how you got there. yeah, i started out with a honda, and i wouldnt change that if i could.

gone but not forgotten. 526whp of H/F hybrid awesomeness

current stable, constant projects.
    dd, GS300 sporting a jdm aristo 2jzgte vvti. 63mm BW turbo

money pit, 94 supra tt/6spd. too many mods to list.

winter beater, cause it snows in maine. $500 home made turbo weapon

and because i cant pass up a good deal, i have a honda again.

cheers guys, keep this forum going. its one of a kind!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Was a noob when you sold that car but I really looked up to your build and honestly there arent too many other high powered accords out there to look into. My cb is gone now due to a wreck but ill have another and will still use your build as motivation. Good luck on your endeavors!
      Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

That was one of my favorite builds of all time. Nice to hear from you.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Welcome back . I'm fairly new to these forums back in 2005 I was 11-12 lol. Love the cb7 you unfortunately sold. My favorite cars that you have in your pictures are the Lexus hawtt...Love that Honda too how much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?:P Gotta love that money pit Supra too! You have very good taste in cars (:
          Last edited by Kev1990; 01-27-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Damn fine stable. What do you do for a living? I want in!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

glad my cb is still inspiring people and showing the potential of these cars. it goes to show you dont need a big shop and fancy tools to build a quick car. i built that thing on my garage floor in the evenings after work, with a set of pretty basic hand tools and a 110v lincoln mig welder. comes down to attention to detail, putting stuff together right the first time, and using quality parts.

thanks kev1990, im kinda stuck in the 90's... that lexus is the newest car ive owned haha. the nsx is something i never thought id own, but this past fall i helped my dad find one (his dream car) and ended up driving it 1300 miles back to maine from st louis. i love the platform, its an engineering marvel for its time. if you dont know much about nsx's, read up on them a little. its astounding what honda accomplished with that car.

in 2009 i quit my job as a tech, bought a used lift for my home garage, and started fixing subarus for people. never looked back. i do all kinds of subaru work now, from headgaskets/timing belts etc, to full motor builds/turbo setups/sti conversions on other subies and the list goes on. building the lexus actually was good for business as ive built 4 others just like it for guys ive met at shows/meets who were really into it. other then that i buy/sell cars and parts on craigslist when i come across them. i work pretty much 7 days a week, but its worth it to be my own boss.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Good to see you came back Mike

Plus I watched the conversion on that NSX. Its a damn shame about the Accord though but hey you live and learn and I'm the same way.

I can't sell my car knowing that it's fate would be either:

1. Abused
                2. Destroyed
                3. Unknown

I was bombing around in my friends LGT Wagon yesterday during the snowstorm..still on the fence about buying one as a daily though as I'm not very familiar with those cars.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Sucks to hear about what new owners do to your old passions. Same thing happened when I sold my turbo H accord. He even went as far as posting on here saying he had to get the car running after picking it up from me on a flat bed when we both rode in it together and I watched him drive it away from my house and I was almost in tears. Oh well. Lol

Do you have a fb account or instagram where we can follow your projects?

Comment

Welcome back to the OG group. Having all those incredible cars is awesome from making a living working out of your home garage. That supra is clean. NSX is pure sex. Lexus is sweet. Beater fun wagon is cool. Glad you came back to check in to say hi.

Like Chrisisiced asked, do you have a facebook or similar page? Perhaps one for your garage, if you have a name for it.

Stick around & post some. Maybe build another CB again someday.
                    Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                      Good to see you came back Mike

Plus I watched the conversion on that NSX. Its a damn shame about the Accord though but hey you live and learn and I'm the same way.

I can't sell my car knowing that it's fate would be either:

1. Abused
                      2. Destroyed
                      3. Unknown

I was bombing around in my friends LGT Wagon yesterday during the snowstorm..still on the fence about buying one as a daily though as I'm not very familiar with those cars.
                      the LGT are awesome. its like driving your living room with a rocket strapped it it.... however, the turbo feed banjo bolt has a screen in it that tends to plug up over time. this starves the turbo of oil leading to turbo failure, which leads to rod bearing failure when the bits of turbo bearing get into the engine oiling system. if the screen has been pulled, or the car hasnt had a turbo failure, it should be fine.... other then that, awesome cars.
                      i got lucky with the guy i sold my subaru to, hes a real enthusiast and not a dumb kid, so its in good hands.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
                        Sucks to hear about what new owners do to your old passions. Same thing happened when I sold my turbo H accord. He even went as far as posting on here saying he had to get the car running after picking it up from me on a flat bed when we both rode in it together and I watched him drive it away from my house and I was almost in tears. Oh well. Lol

Do you have a fb account or instagram where we can follow your projects?
                        thats real crappy dude... the bought not built crew strikes again. no one respects your projects like you do. i had the same feeling when mine drove off, instant regret.

https://www.facebook.com/mikeymeyagi

ig is mikeymeyagi

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meyag...51648171663148
                        have at it.i usually post pics of cool customer projects that come through here also

Originally posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
                        Welcome back to the OG group. Having all those incredible cars is awesome from making a living working out of your home garage. That supra is clean. NSX is pure sex. Lexus is sweet. Beater fun wagon is cool. Glad you came back to check in to say hi.

Like Chrisisiced asked, do you have a facebook or similar page? Perhaps one for your garage, if you have a name for it.

Stick around & post some. Maybe build another CB again someday.
                        thanks dude. dont let the pics fool you, the supra was a basket case when i got it, and the nsx isnt far behind it. lexus didnt run and came from dorchester mass lol i like saving neglected cars i guess.. ill try to post more and try to answer tech questions.
                        Last edited by LoDollar92LX; 01-29-2015, 12:10 AM.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Urgh.

That Supra's beautiful! I really, really want one but even if I sell my car, I'd probably still need another 5-10K to get into one worth buying. Seems the entry point for a MkIV TT 6MT Targa is 25K, no?

So, so jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                            Urgh.

That Supra's beautiful! I really, really want one but even if I sell my car, I'd probably still need another 5-10K to get into one worth buying. Seems the entry point for a MkIV TT 6MT Targa is 25K, no?

So, so jealous.
                            yeah, 25k is a good place to start. you can find them for less if you shop around. a tt/auto can be had from 17k-ish. if you ever get to the point where you are serious about buying one, let me know. i have made quite a few connections since i got mine and can probably help you find a decent one.

mine was a disaster when i got it. it hadnt moved in 8 years, head was missing, turbos were missing, paint was neglected etc. took a month and a half to get it running and on the road.
                            few before and afters

the good part about the condition was i got it cheap (by supra standards).

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Nice work getting the supra back together. Friend of mine has a tuning shop in Southern NH & is highly sought after for anything dealing with Supra's or any turbo car in New England. He is currently rebuilding his Supra but has been a long process due to his shop & family taking up time. It will be back on the road some time, maybe later this year.

Resqueing cars inst a bad thing. Saves the car from a neglected owner/past life to be driven/enjoyed again.

Great job on doing what you do & continue to do, building the best cars that you can in your own garage.
                              Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Working...
                              X