Facebook Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I saw that thread. As well as the other thread where you claimed the F20B was found in the CB. I also saw where you said the F is better for boost than the H. I saw you get corrected, and get upset about it. I agree he was a bit harsh, but after seeing "F is better for boost" so many times, I'm not much nicer. What you said was indeed misinformation, to be quite honest.

As an admin on there, I can tell you that it SUCKS, dealing with all the idiots. The admins put up with far more than you realize, because most of it gets deleted (and then we get hassled via PM for the rest of the day.) Patience wears thin when you correct the same misinformation time and time again, only to get the same weak arguments over and over... I swear, people celebrate ignorance, and shun all those who dare suggest actually learning something beyond what people on Facebook and forums (even that is rare now) say! Hell... people act like saying "I saw this on a forum" is like saying "I read this in a Honda service manual and had it explained in detail by the engineer that designed that particular component" these days.
    And maybe I really am at fault but when people use to talk about boosting I would always see people suggesting the F over the H for various reasons. Now I'm not an engine tuning guy really. I don't know all the requirements for proper boosting but if someone's tells you peanut butter and grape jelly make better sandwiches than strawberry jam and peanut butter and you repeatedly see that, wouldn't you start to believe it?

Now that is no true excuse but it's kinda the same situation. Granted I should've taken it upon myself to earn more about boosting before speaking on it. My fault. But the whole F20a/b mix up was literally that. A mix up. The CB came with so many different engines and there are so many swaps out there it's easy to forget which is which.

While I do know the F20b is a popular swap I assumed it was because it was one of the engines that came in the CB's domestic market. Easy mistake, dude made me seem like a complete fool. He's seen my other post because we post in the same threads a lot and he's always "thumbs uping" me when I post. I made a mistake, hey we're all human, and now I'm spreading "misinformation".

Comment

So 2 weeks ago we were trying to shutdown FB CB7 groups and everyone hated them and now we are enjoying the spoon feeding?

As another member mentioned FB has been the death of many forums. I would hate to see people follow the tracks of the respected and start using FB because it's easier, quicker, and the spoons are plentiful.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
        And maybe I really am at fault but when people use to talk about boosting I would always see people suggesting the F over the H for various reasons. Now I'm not an engine tuning guy really. I don't know all the requirements for proper boosting but if someone's tells you peanut butter and grape jelly make better sandwiches than strawberry jam and peanut butter and you repeatedly see that, wouldn't you start to believe it?

Now that is no true excuse but it's kinda the same situation. Granted I should've taken it upon myself to earn more about boosting before speaking on it. My fault. But the whole F20a/b mix up was literally that. A mix up. The CB came with so many different engines and there are so many swaps out there it's easy to forget which is which.

While I do know the F20b is a popular swap I assumed it was because it was one of the engines that came in the CB's domestic market. Easy mistake, dude made me seem like a complete fool. He's seen my other post because we post in the same threads a lot and he's always "thumbs uping" me when I post. I made a mistake, hey we're all human, and now I'm spreading "misinformation".
        Perhaps it wasn't a personal attack... merely illustrating that your incorrect information was indeed just that... incorrect information. Otherwise known as misinformation. Perpetuating the lie that the F is better than the H for boost, based on what others say, rather than actual knowledge... that's why that claim runs rampant... because people just regurgitate what they read, without actually understanding it.
        And yes, I understand the mix up. It's a reasonable one... but it's still wrong. It would be like saying the C32A is an NSX engine (it's the Legend engine... VERY different!)
        The F20B is a popular swap based on many other unnecessary and often unfounded claims. "it's cheaper"... sure, until you convert to OBD1, acquire a tunable ECU, and have the engine tuned properly. "It's an Accord engine!" So is the H22A, and a much more closely related platform to the CB. "It revs higher than the H22A!" It does... it has to, because it has smaller displacement, and a higher, more narrow powerband. "It has iron cylinder walls instead of FRM!" That is true... and it is meaningless. The misunderstanding of FRM is a pox on the Accord and Prelude communities! There are reasons not to like it, but most of the reasons cited are invalid (such as weakness... it is not weak, by any means.)

You probably got the response you did because you touched on not one, but two areas that are very common sources for blatant misinformation.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        So 2 weeks ago we were trying to shutdown FB CB7 groups and everyone hated them and now we are enjoying the spoon feeding?

As another member mentioned FB has been the death of many forums. I would hate to see people follow the tracks of the respected and start using FB because it's easier, quicker, and the spoons are plentiful.
        I had discussions last night that were actually engaging and intelligent. A rarity (one was off topic... )

I've never tried to shut down the official group. I could do that with a click of the mouse. It's the groups using the CB7tuner name without my permission I have a problem with. However, Facebook doesn't seem to care... so there's not a whole lot I can do about it. Not unless I want to file actual charges outside of Facebook... but it's not worth the expense. Not at the moment, anyway. Maybe in the future.

Overall, I despise the existence of them. Most serious CB7tuners do, it seems (which is nice to know.) It's likely part of the reason I, and many others, are not so nice to those looking to be spoon fed, as well as those spreading inaccurate information. Facebook moves faster, and people are less inclined to actually do real research... so misinformation spreads like wildfire!

Comment

I was engaged in a discussion about Omnipower coilovers on the Accord-Nation group a few days ago. I suggested that they were crap (and to my knowledge, since they are no longer produced, they are indeed no different than any of the other low-quality stuff on the market...) Of course, I got attacked for my assertion. As usual, people had absolutely no argument other than "I have them and I like them" (an argument I've heard many times in defense of cut or heated springs.)

I saw the same thread appear in CB7tuner yesterday. I have so far managed to keep out of it. The same argument still rages on, just with different people. It's funny how it just repeats. The same arguments, time and time again. "I like them" and "You ain't never had them so what do you know?"

Comment

Overall, I despise the existence of them. Most serious CB7tuners do, it seems (which is nice to know.) It's likely part of the reason I, and many others, are not so nice to those looking to be spoon fed, as well as those spreading inaccurate information. Facebook moves faster, and people are less inclined to actually do real research... so misinformation spreads like wildfire!

Soooo you continue to go there because???

Comment

Like it or not, we're represented on Facebook. I can't prevent it, but I can do my best to mold it.

Comment

... I can do my best to mold it.
                don't worry, its plenty rotten in there already.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  don't worry, its plenty rotten in there already.

Yep She's already gone.

Comment

The knowledgeable are putting up the good fight, but doesn't it feel like it will inevitably lead to

Comment

but ^ the world will know that few stood against many. three hundred men, gave their last breathe to defend it.

believe it or not, but the sensitive new generation of car enthusiats might find the forum more appealing if they see the one people actually nice and will be like.. hmm let me check the forum ( or atleast thats what i hope happens 8)

Comment

The funny thing is, the forum has a reputation for being mean. "Nobody likes the forum because everyone just talks down to the noobs, and belittles them for asking anything at all!"

It's not true. Hasn't been for a very long time (and those that do are usually dealt with fairly harshly). But that seems to be what people assume, before even experiencing it.

Comment

This site use to be so active, now its dead as shit. Facebook ruined this website

Comment

Pretty much. We're doing what we can to keep this place alive, but people would rather get fast answers. This place used to be good for fast answers.

Comment

Pretty much. We're doing what we can to keep this place alive, but people would rather get fast answers. This place used to be good for fast answers.
                              I agree, the answers are here but people are lazy and impatient. Everything you need to know about a F/H swap, 5 lug swap, real JDM and so on is here. SInce i got rid of my old CB i came on here very very little and the site was dead. Now that i got my new project its gotten even worse.

Comment

I used to check maybe 5 forums max a few years ago on a daily basis ( 3 forums being game forums).

Now it's cb7tuner and hondasociety. CB7tuner being the one im most active on. Isn't there a way we can just operate without needing new members?

Back then you guys talked about how close-knit the community was, what happened to that.

Imagine official cb7tuner.com meets. Yeah it'll be difficult because everyone is across the country/world but atleast it'll keep us close

Comment

Working...
                                X