No announcement yet.

Facebook Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes me concerned for humanity, not the state of CB7Tuner.com's existence.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ever watch the movie Idiocracy? The more people with access to the internet the more that movie seems a real possibility. There seems to be a disproportionately high number of socially inept people made more visible by Facebook. Shame that there are no repercussions for being an idiot online.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The idiots gain strength in numbers on Facebook as well. Rather than educate and improve each other, they enable each other. They defend their idiocy. Being correct is far less important than being in agreement with the majority.

If you want to see it in action, make a post about any specific brand of inexpensive coilovers (F&F strikes a real nerve!) saying that they're not high quality parts. Like flies to doo doo.

Comment

I only had to read a few of the top posts and saw enough to make my brain hurt for a week.

I know all about the "idiots unite" mob mentality. I have been in discussions where I post up facts and they seem to think I'm posting opinions. It's unfortunate that only the idiots continue to post when I know there are smart people reading that just don't want to get sucked in by the idiots. Hard to discuss facts vs opinions with an idiot. They always bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I had quite a good laugh reading these recent posts. But you all are not blowing it out of proportion. I see that entirely now not that I suspected it prior. It's something you just have to see to believe lets put it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
              Ever watch the movie Idiocracy? The more people with access to the internet the more that movie seems a real possibility. There seems to be a disproportionately high number of socially inept people made more visible by Facebook. Shame that there are no repercussions for being an idiot online.
              I adore this movie and every day absolutely feel that it is coming true. FB CB7 group is a great example. Should rename the group Buttfuckers.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                I only had to read a few of the top posts and saw enough to make my brain hurt for a week.

I know all about the "idiots unite" mob mentality. I have been in discussions where I post up facts and they seem to think I'm posting opinions. It's unfortunate that only the idiots continue to post when I know there are smart people reading that just don't want to get sucked in by the idiots. Hard to discuss facts vs opinions with an idiot. They always bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
                Exactly!

I love when I'm discussing facts... and someone argues, with nothing to offer but "it worked fine for me!" Their own uneducated experience... a solitary experience (though a guy the other day tried to tell me that since he has been driving his car for a year with his questionable modification that it wasn't a "solitary experience") somehow trumps research, reasoning, understanding, and common sense.

Then, when they have no actual facts to present, they say "whatever man. it's called an opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion."

Comment

My girlfriend went to dinner with a friend. Band practice was cancelled. I've spent the entire evening on the Facebook group, and I've actually been enjoying it... Weird.
                  Helping out a guy that I actually got in an argument with the other day. Mainly because he knows very little, doesn't take offense to having it pointed out, and is actually interested in learning.

That's one of the things I've come to despise about the Facebook group... the unwillingness to learn. The "I heard it can be done this way, so shut up" attitude.
                  Nobody is willing to admit that they don't know everything, and just MAYBE the guy correcting them knows more.
                  It's funny, because people often refer to me as a "know it all" on the group... but it's not that I know (or think I know) everything... it's that I don't open my mouth (so to speak) when I don't actually know what I'm talking about! Occasionally I'll be wrong, and occasionally I'll get corrected. And that's cool. I don't want to spread misinformation, and if I'm corrected (with actual facts, not just "nuh uh!") then I'll gladly say I was wrong and learn from it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    My girlfriend went to dinner with a friend. Band practice was cancelled. I've spent the entire evening on the Facebook group, and I've actually been enjoying it... Weird.
                    Helping out a guy that I actually got in an argument with the other day. Mainly because he knows very little, doesn't take offense to having it pointed out, and is actually interested in learning.

That's one of the things I've come to despise about the Facebook group... the unwillingness to learn. The "I heard it can be done this way, so shut up" attitude.
                    Nobody is willing to admit that they don't know everything, and just MAYBE the guy correcting them knows more.
                    It's funny, because people often refer to me as a "know it all" on the group... but it's not that I know (or think I know) everything... it's that I don't open my mouth (so to speak) when I don't actually know what I'm talking about! Occasionally I'll be wrong, and occasionally I'll get corrected. And that's cool. I don't want to spread misinformation, and if I'm corrected (with actual facts, not just "nuh uh!") then I'll gladly say I was wrong and learn from it!

That "stage 2 chip" thing was hilarious..then I left

Comment

I was hoping it'd get better, but the guy ALMOST started making sense... took too long to make it funny again, and I had dinner, a movie, and a woman waiting for me in the other room!
                      He was already a dead man walking for the use of a racial slur anyway. I figured I'd have a little fun before sending him on his way. Racial slurs and bad advice... all respect is lost for someone like that. They are only good for entertainment from that point on!

I got a nice response saying he'd "outbuild me" any day. I'm not sure what that means, but I think he was implying that he could turn bolts faster! Slapping parts on an engine isn't exactly "building" anything. It's like kids arguing about who can follow their Lego instructions most closely!

Comment

I thought the dumb post about dumb posts was pretty funny. And keep some of you CB7's stock wasn't to bad either.

Comment

one thing is for sure deev, since i know how much you love talking about it, or just have a note pad with turbo information saved so you can just copy paste as your responses are always so long ..

i just tag you on the boost on stock block posts, maybe you saved some. maybe you didnt but atleast you tried.

I would tag you on the suspension posts but that'll be more annoying because there is no correcting the minds of people using no name parts and saying they ride perfectly fine

Comment

I'm starting to enjoy the FB forum a little more, but they're still dickheads on there and assholes and people who are lazy as shit. I literally have a guy arguing with me right now about "spreading misinformation" because I got the F20b and F20a mixed up, and suggested that a guy looking to boost should rebuild and boost his F series over an H series (H22, H23) guy is being a complete dickhead hell bent on making me look like an idiot when I've only ever helped people. But hey it's the Internet....

Comment

I saw that thread. As well as the other thread where you claimed the F20B was found in the CB. I also saw where you said the F is better for boost than the H. I saw you get corrected, and get upset about it. I agree he was a bit harsh, but after seeing "F is better for boost" so many times, I'm not much nicer. What you said was indeed misinformation, to be quite honest.

As an admin on there, I can tell you that it SUCKS, dealing with all the idiots. The admins put up with far more than you realize, because most of it gets deleted (and then we get hassled via PM for the rest of the day.) Patience wears thin when you correct the same misinformation time and time again, only to get the same weak arguments over and over... I swear, people celebrate ignorance, and shun all those who dare suggest actually learning something beyond what people on Facebook and forums (even that is rare now) say! Hell... people act like saying "I saw this on a forum" is like saying "I read this in a Honda service manual and had it explained in detail by the engineer that designed that particular component" these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
                                one thing is for sure deev, since i know how much you love talking about it, or just have a note pad with turbo information saved so you can just copy paste as your responses are always so long ..

i just tag you on the boost on stock block posts, maybe you saved some. maybe you didnt but atleast you tried.

I would tag you on the suspension posts but that'll be more annoying because there is no correcting the minds of people using no name parts and saying they ride perfectly fine
                                The sad thing is, I always type all that out by hand! I will never learn.
                                Of course, typing it all out has refined my argument over the years.

In the end, actual understanding of a process will ALWAYS be given less consideration than personal experience, even if that personal experience is 100% ignorant. Engine modifications, suspensions modifications, etc... Someone saying "I did it and it's fine" is always more convincing than someone saying "It's a bad idea, and here's why... and here are things you need to look into so you can also understand... and here's a list of MUCH more expensive options to accomplish the goal you THINK you're going to accomplish with your halfassed approach." Yeah, that never goes over well. They stop reading halfway through, because even that is too much work!

Usually, I say what I say not to convince the idiots that are already convinced. Once you say I don't know what I'm talking about, you clearly will not be swayed by my words. I hope that anyone else reading along that has any sense at all might take my words to heart. My words might influence them to do more research, and hopefully do things right!

I don't mind arguments, but I have yet to have a valid argument posed to 90% of what I say. Largely because I won't argue a point on which I'm not convinced I already have considerable knowledge. I've been corrected once, I believe by Alex Davila (who has my respect), regarding the potential source of detonation caused by the overlapping of smaller combustion chambers on a larger-bore block when doing a frankenstein build (like an F22A head on an F23 block.) It was pointed out to me that many full stock Honda engines have that same overlap. While it's not 100% satisfactory, it's enough that I stopped making that particular argument, because it cast a reasonable degree of doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X