No announcement yet.

CB7 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If memory serves me correctly, the engine was stock, with the exception of a few polished/chromed pieces. This car was also done in like 2000-2002 when this type of modding was popular.

Comment

Yes it was done quite well. But i see no up side to building a car for strictly shows. Its a waist of money tallent and time.

Comment

It was a show car, yes, but, the owner also drove it quite often (weather permitting) So, this car was no trailer queen.

Comment

i can dig it, but not too turned on with the rims nor the chrome projectors. but overall CONVERTIBLE FTW.

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread...but how can we as respectful CB7 tuners respect such a RICE? As if we intend to encourage it. I have read up on this car, and it has not one single performance upgrade, other than a DC header. It has $40,000 worth of visual modifications. I feel insulted when i look at this car, how could someone defile the CB7s immaculate design like this...this is just another reason for people to laugh at us, calling us ricers and overall having no respect for our brand, not even that NA 9sec 1/4mile could redeem us from this, i know for a fact we lost major points here..

Why do i say this? I saw this picture on some muscle car forum, they use this picture to mock us smh...but i love being the underdog
            F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

Comment

Originally posted by DGOfTheCentury View Post
              not even that NA 9sec 1/4mile could redeem us from this
              Hold on, what NA 9sec 1/4mile are you referring to? Is there a 9 sec CB in existence?

of course I would change the subject like this
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Yes, it looks terrible according to most people's taste. The respect comes because it was done well. Who cares that it doesn't have performance upgrades, that's not the point of the car. It is possible to just want a (in the owner's opinion) good-looking car. He doesn't take his car racing, so what would be the point of doing anything to the engine, suspension, etc. Look at the Hummer H2. GM took a perfectly functional Tahoe, bulked it up and made it look like ass, and didn't bother to improve its offroad performance to live up to the Hummer name. It's the same thing as this Accord transformation, just more people like it.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread...but how can we as respectful CB7 tuners respect such a RICE? As if we intend to encourage it. I have read up on this car, and it has not one single performance upgrade, other than a DC header. It has $40,000 worth of visual modifications. I feel insulted when i look at this car, how could someone defile the CB7s immaculate design like this...this is just another reason for people to laugh at us, calling us ricers and overall having no respect for our brand, not even that NA 9sec 1/4mile could redeem us from this, i know for a fact we lost major points here..

Why do i say this? I saw this picture on some muscle car forum, they use this picture to mock us smh...but i love being the underdog
                  You let a show car represent a whole community? Does this really bother you that much? It's his car and it was built in the early 2000s when Altezza tail lights and flashy paint jobs were cool. And again, it's a show car not a DD.

Comment

Because it was the point of the build. This like exact opposite of a sleeper build. Plus, if you noticed, there's not one single aesthetic thing that is stock that I saw. I didn't look for the whole interior shot but even the dash and windshield/A pillar's are modified. Muscle car guys from my experience are probably least flexible in their beliefs of what a car can and should be so don't let much of what they say get to you.

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                    You let a show car represent a whole community? Does this really bother you that much? It's his car and it was built in the early 2000s when Altezza tail lights and flashy paint jobs were cool. And again, it's a show car not a DD.
                    And also because this.

The Facebook group

Comment

Holy shit that thing is so ugly. Wtf was he thinking?

Edit:

Now the cb7 with the shaved corners and supra tails is sweet!!
                      Last edited by muhammedmian; 02-26-2015, 08:15 PM.
                      Originally posted by cb7dazz
                      And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      ...for example

Comment

That mod was obviously done in 2001-2004 when that style (2fast 2 furious era) was considered cool. I'm sure 14 year old me would have liked it back then.

One big clue is the regular microsoft xbox molded into the dash.

it was made at a time when this sort of thing was considered cool

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
                          That mod was obviously done in 2001-2004 when that style (2fast 2 furious era) was considered cool. I'm sure 14 year old me would have liked it back then.

One big clue is the regular microsoft xbox molded into the dash.

it was made at a time when this sort of thing was considered cool

i still think thats cool. I would never build a car like that, but its still awesome

Comment

Working...
                          X