fleetw00d : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    Spent about 2 hours total in the MRI yesterday over three different sessions (back first, then hip with an injection of contrast; after I left they called and said the radiologist wanted a couple more images, so I had to go back in the afternoon). Got a call today telling me I have a small fracture in my right hip, not much more detail than that. Tell me I'm supposed to use crutches, a walker, or wheelchair until I see the doctor on Tuesday, all of which seem to be more trouble than they are worth when I can walk for a little while with short steps without much pain.
    Ya, I can see how that would be an issue. Ice is your friend, that's for sure. How did you do this?

I have a crack in a neck bone (T1 transverse) but it's been there since a young age. Sucks and causes me a lot of pain some days, more muscle pain that's inflamed bc I feel like I'm walking on a broken angle (but in my neck).

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Ya, I can see how that would be an issue. Ice is your friend, that's for sure. How did you do this?

I have a crack in a neck bone (T1 transverse) but it's been there since a young age. Sucks and causes me a lot of pain some days, more muscle pain that's inflamed bc I feel like I'm walking on a broken angle (but in my neck).
      How does a crack like that not heal eventually?

I'm not quite sure, but it started when I was moving some furniture (small roll top desk, chest of drawers, dresser, twin bed, some other smaller stuff) for my mother-in-law from one barn to another, by myself (should have taken my son along, but didn't want to waste his day), loading it into our van (couldn't stand up straight) on uneven ground. I don't remember actually falling, but I may have lost my balance once and had to take a big akward step to catch myself, maybe twisted it too much or something. I used a dolly to cover distances, but sometimes just had to manhandle the stuff.

The day was made more fun by rupturing a brake line on the way there. Luckily, we were taking two vehicles, so we were able to go to the next town, get a section of brake line, go back to where we left the van and replace the line on the side of the road.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

The day was made more fun by rupturing a brake line on the way there. Luckily, we were taking two vehicles, so we were able to go to the next town, get a section of brake line, go back to where we left the van and replace the line on the side of the road.
        Aiii, do.not.like.days.like.that ..

Hope you're feeling better man, I'm just recovering from a couple days, laid out by my sciatica. Weather is starting to change ...feel great today ...
        but Ooo those first couple days, ow wee ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

It's always something. Found a puddle under the left rear shock (Bilstein).
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Oh damn is it under warranty?

Comment

I think they are, but unfortunately, they don't appear to make them for the Accord any more. Another nail.

Comment

It sounds like PMs aren't sorted out yet, but I got your half shaft, thanks!

Another thread reported that Koni Yellows are discontinued for us as well. My searching confirms. That must have been pretty recent, because I priced out a Koni/Ground Control setup since I picked up my wagon in January.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

How does a crack like that not heal eventually?

I'm not quite sure, but it started when I was moving some furniture (small roll top desk, chest of drawers, dresser, twin bed, some other smaller stuff) for my mother-in-law from one barn to another, by myself (should have taken my son along, but didn't want to waste his day), loading it into our van (couldn't stand up straight) on uneven ground. I don't remember actually falling, but I may have lost my balance once and had to take a big akward step to catch myself, maybe twisted it too much or something. I used a dolly to cover distances, but sometimes just had to manhandle the stuff.

Ahh that's the million dollar question. How's your back doing ?

Comment

The first doctor said my back looked good for a 50 year old (and I'm a dozen years beyond that). I saw the 2nd doctor after the MRI, she said there is some edema (evidence of blood) in a plane across the neck of my right femur. This is what the doc who wrote the MRI assessment reported as a fracture. She was not convinced that it is fractured (she said if it really was, I wouldn't be able to walk on it as much as I can), so she ordered a CT scan (supposed to show bone better than an X-ray or MRI) which happened on Oct. 13. Saw her the next day - no evidence of fracture in the CT scan (good news). If she only had the x-ray and CT, she said we wouldn't be talking anymore about it, but the MRI worries her because the "indication" is on the tension (top) side of the femur neck. We discussed surgical options, but settled on me trying to take it easy on it for another month, then repeat the MRI to see if the edema is clearing up If that is the case, I'd start some physical therapy.

Comment

The first doctor said my back looked good for a 50 year old (and I'm a dozen years beyond that). I saw the 2nd doctor after the MRI, she said there is some edema (evidence of blood) in a plane across the neck of my right femur. This is what the doc who wrote the MRI assessment reported as a fracture. She was not convinced that it is fractured (she said if it really was, I wouldn't be able to walk on it as much as I can), so she ordered a CT scan (supposed to show bone better than an X-ray or MRI) which happened on Oct. 13. Saw her the next day - no evidence of fracture in the CT scan (good news). If she only had the x-ray and CT, she said we wouldn't be talking anymore about it, but the MRI worries her because the "indication" is on the tension (top) side of the femur neck. We discussed surgical options, but settled on me trying to take it easy on it for another month, then repeat the MRI to see if the edema is clearing up If that is the case, I'd start some physical therapy.
                      Yaaa, best of luck there. I truly believe that surgery should be the last option. Let them pump ya full of cortisone before surgery. I had my appt. last week with the best neurosurgeon in the city and he guaranteed me that I'll be in pain after the surgery too, if not more (especially at my age of 42). But also noted if that doesn't work then he will do the surgery but it won't be fun. I have a fragmented right T1 transverse process (lower neck) since a young age but can't top pulling muscles around it.

Comment

Took about a 4 hour drive last night just to get out of the house. Hit 390,000 when I parked in front of the house (cheated, drove past the house a little way, then came back). Talked to one of the guys from the body shop that did Ruby eight years ago - as expected, he wasn't optimistic about it being repaired. There is a sedan in a local yard that looks in reasonable shape; thinking about cutting some sections out of it to evaluate how one might go about rebuilding those areas.

Comment

Looked at a 92 LX coupe today with only 65K; unfortunately some rust in one rear wheel well (lot less than Ruby). Oil change today and figured out my occasional overheating at idle - temperature switch A was bad. Wiring might be bad for switch B also, no fans come on when I jump the connector. Got a 50% off email from Bessler's U Pull and Save today good for 30 days, might have to make a trip next weekend for Element parts and cut apart the CB7 sedan they have.

Comment

Finally did something about my soft brakes. I had rebuilt the master cylinder a while ago; that seemed to help some at the time. Took a look at the rear brakes; still a fair amount of material on the shoes, but the left side brake hardware was rusty (the rubber plug for adjusting was missing) and the self adjusting screw was stuck. Removed that, cleaned the threads, lubricated and reinstalled. The adjusting lever doesn't seem to sit quite right on the adjusting screw. I finally figured out that backing up and braking firmly isn't what adjusts the brakes (like all my old GM products). The brakes will actually adjust by just applying the brakes, even sitting still. Ordered some OEM brake hardware, but the adjusting screw is no longer available.
                            Last edited by Fleetw00d; 04-30-2021, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Glad to see you're still getting around and doing the maintenance How's the back ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                Glad to see you're still getting around and doing the maintenance How's the back ?
                                It was primarily my hip; they looked at my back because they thought there might be a pinched nerve or something there that was showing up as hip pain - it's all good. I won't go into the circumstances, but I walked 14 miles about a month ago and my hip didn't bother me at all; blisters on my feet were another matter. Mowing season is in full swing and I don't have a problem doing that.

I think I need a better set of front pads (I think I have OEM on it); on dry pavement I can barely get the front wheels to lock up when braking hard.

Ordered Raybestos self adjusting hardware from RockAuto and OEM hold downs. I adjusted the rear brakes as best I could and have a much firmer brake pedal with less travel. The fresh hardware on the left side should maintain this (right side hardware still looks almost factory fresh - cleaned and relubed the right side adjuster and it works easily and smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                                X