Please help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help !

Honda accord 1990. Up the hill, the speed went to zero. I tried to read the codes and the S LIGHT blinks constantly no codes. Is a faulty TCU? Or the tranny died?

I am in the middle of the road. Should I scrap my car or worth towing it home and fix it?

I made the compromise of scraping the car once the transmission goes.

Please reply as soon as possible

How much in bad shape is the car. Could be a faulty tcu and you can get those at a junkyard for $50. I wouldn’t scrap it unless is covered in cancer and you need the money.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      How much in bad shape is the car. Could be a faulty tcu and you can get those at a junkyard for $50. I wouldn’t scrap it unless is covered in cancer and you need the money.
      The reverse works. It starts fine and after. 2 minutes no tranny. It was flaring before but not bad at all. I replaced the tcu and the aame flaring. Apart from that , no other problem. The tranny fluid has 5000 miles and it looks brown and smells like burning.

The problem came on a high hill. Revving at 4000 rpm and the speed going to zero
      Last edited by greenquark; 07-25-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        The reverse works. It starts fine and after. 2 minutes no tranny. It was flaring before but not bad at all. I replaced the tcu and the aame flaring. Apart from that , no other problem. The tranny fluid has 5000 miles and it looks brown and smells like burning. Coca cola colour and smells really bad

Comment

What part of the country? I have a transmission sitting in the garage. Like Grumpy asked, what condition is the rest of the car in?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            What part of the country? I have a transmission sitting in the garage. Like Grumpy asked, what condition is the rest of the car in?
            Quebec Canada.it was time to say good bye. 19 years with me. I was in the middle of the woods. 1000 dollar to bring it back. I. Exchanged for a rental car. I feel dead inside. My daughter feels worse

Comment

I just wanted to say thank you all in this community. I still feel sad having parted way with my little honda. She gave it all up. It took me 14 km down a hill until I reached the garage guy whom i exchanged the car for a rental car for a day. At the end, it took 5/ 6 thousand rpm to go crawl 100 yards. It was spewing all kind of fluids ( oil , power steering, antifreeze overflowing). The engine never overheated, even at max rpms. What a piece of car !
              Again, thank you all again.

Comment

Working...
              X