Crankshaft issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^
    Didn't know that. I never use it so meh.

Speaking of torque, op, did you torque to spec or just torqued it extra tight? What was your process?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Yeah I torqued to spec originally. No loctite. I'm Def using loctite this time.

Comment

I dont see anything wrong with a little blue loctite and proper torque specs.

I would have used am emery cloth as well.

Good call op.

In the future, you should always inspect with a caliper on the snout and the inner diamter of the gear to diagnose what the shit is going on and why this is happeneing. It'd be a shame to take material off and ruine one thing or another. Calipers are important tools to have for stuff like this
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by marinemp1978 View Post
          Figures I would get that. I don't think there is anyone that knows anything more than oil changes on this site anymore.
          My cb has left crank shaft pulleys all over the city. Three I believe. I have done about 50 oil changes since the last time it happened. You want to be sure the old filter gasket comes off the block. But seriously that's offensive, and I am one of the dummies around here.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

It's true tho. Seems like you gotta have your guard up if you ask a question round here. Either you get the guy who's gonna give you a stupid answer, or the guy who knows his shit but to big of a dick to help. Part of the reason I made that comment was to get people to read this post, so if it truly did offend I am sorry. This board is a great tool to learn and I don't want it to turn into Reddit or some other crapped on site.

Comment

Well, it doesn't help when you insult the entire forum because your question isn't answered fast enough for you. We are all adults that have our own lives, most of us don't sit here waiting for questions to be asked. Wait. Be patient. And most of all, be respectful. You obviously don't have the answer, but someone else here will. If you don't show us respect, then we'll let you figure it out like we did. Do it yourself.

However, as I have had NUMEROUS problems with my crank pulley. Completely destroyed itself once. Loosened itself off several different times. I will give you some advice.

The problem with our cars, the motor spins counter-clockwise for the crank pulley. If loctite is not used (it NEEDS it), or it wasn't torqued correctly; then it will walk the bolt out itself. There is a lot of force spinning it.

Your best bet, throw it all back together. Replace the keyway, get a new harmonic balancer (crankshaft pulley). Make sure that you didn't destroy all or any of the threads in the crankshaft. Replace the crankshaft pulley bolt (it is cheap and had unusual forces put onto it). Replace the timing cover if the pulley ate a hole into it. New belts. Then, start the car and make sure the pulley isn't wobbling. If it is going straight, then it is good.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by marinemp1978 View Post
                It's true tho. Seems like you gotta have your guard up if you ask a question round here. Either you get the guy who's gonna give you a stupid answer, or the guy who knows his shit but to big of a dick to help. Part of the reason I made that comment was to get people to read this post, so if it truly did offend I am sorry. This board is a great tool to learn and I don't want it to turn into Reddit or some other crapped on site.
                You are right though, people are assholes.

Everywhere

Im a douche too.

I'll just go ahead and apologize now for that, because, it has nothing to do with you.

Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                X