Timing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing problems

My crankshaft crank pulley bolt fell off after replacing the timing belt. The balance belt and crank pulley fell off but the timing belt was still in place. Went over everything and didnt notice any damage. My question is this: Because the pulley is off how do I go about getting everything back in time. The key was the only thing damaged so I got a new one.

Follow the same procedure for installing the balance shaft belt in the first place.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I did. I'm asking how to go about putting the crank and cam back to TDC without a pulley or key before I put the belts back on.

Comment

Make sure to use loctite on the crank pulley bolt.

Comment

Yeah loctite. I learned the hard way.

Comment

Anyone???

Comment

Your timing should not have been affected by the crank pulley coming off. Just make sure everything is lined up for the balance shaft belt.

Make sure the rubber on the pulley (harmonic balancer) is in good condition. No cracks. Make sure the threads that the crank pulley goes into are still clean.

Put everything back together. Torque to proper specs. But on the belts.
              Last edited by oni_cb7; 03-20-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I wish it was that easy. The whole balance belt assembly fell off and the timing was on the verge. I caught it right in time I think. And in the process of removing the damaged key I'm affraid the crank gear moved, so I know it's off by at least a tooth or so.
                Last edited by marinemp1978; 03-20-2014, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Now it seems the crank gear won't come off the shaft. Comes off smooth until it hits the end and gets stuck.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Keyway is jammed. Use a puller to get it off
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The keyway is already removed.

Comment

Damn should I post on Facebook? Seems like il get more help that way.

Comment

or explain it a little better ....

why are you taking the crank gear off...?

i'm confused by your line of post...
                            Last edited by kapone; 03-21-2014, 10:27 PM.

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Working...
                            X