Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a1 into D16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what ive always thought. it could definitely work, but like its been said, for the money and work might as well just go h22.

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

Why not go with a re-ring kit from eBay? I've seen them on there for $150 or less with good quality rings and gaskets. Such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Honda-P...983b3e&vxp=mtr

Comment

I would probably opt for a rebuild myself, however, if budget and time are a concern. It's still probably cheaper and faster to drop in a used engine. After you tear down the block, take the block to a machine shop and check the bearings and cylinder bore and hone them. Then buy the kit and reassemble yuour looking at a lot of time and money.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

buy a rebuilt head, pop the pistons out, inspect bearings, re-ring and slap the new head on with the headgasket. call it a day.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            buy a rebuilt head, pop the pistons out, inspect bearings, re-ring and slap the new head on with the headgasket. call it a day.
            Would a re-ring without a hone be a good idea?

I don't know if I'd trust a cheapie ring kit myself. I'm lazy, so I'd rather pay for quality parts that I KNOW are going to work the first time, rather than risk having to tear the whole thing apart sooner than necessary due to cheap parts!

Comment

Honings easy if you have a drill you can do it aslong as cylinders aren't to out of spec or pitted. Good quality rings can be had for cheap Nippon is a OE supplier they usually run under $40, i've used them in all of my japanese rebuilds or builds not one problem.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I've used NPR rings on a Civic. No problem at all.
                It's good idea to measure the bores before purchase new rings.
                A&P-IA

Comment

yea ive used tons of npr rings...dingle ball hone it, clean throughly and call it a day.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

NPR = Nippon Piston Rings. OEM supplier for Honda.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      NPR = Nippon Piston Rings. OEM supplier for Honda.
                      I was wondering about this. I didn't know If I should trust NPR or not being as they are so cheap in price. I guess I expected piston and rings to be more expensive.

Comment

its cheap and easy to find a d-series because nobody wants a d. i have three in my back yard in good condition because the people who had them swapped h22 and k-series in their civics. ill give you all three

Comment

Not related to the OP.

People can rag on a D all they want but the proof is in the pudding D's have ton's of support, potential and are easily attainable. I myself built a few very mild N/A D's (Up to around 130whp) and while not so powerful they would walk circles on a "Normal" bolt F cb why? because power to weight and gearing. I've rode in a friends 350whp vitara setup ek and drove it numerous times the car was no slouch ran a 7.8 on bad radials in the 8th and to my knowledge is still going strong 4 years later, yes the hype is B/H/K but power can be had the same can most definitely be said for an F minus the support and gearing.

Integra's came with D's overseas (Many run boosted Ds in the states), theres not a huge weight difference between a DC/DB vs a CB. While a D would do fine in a cb the true question is why? the F is a high power potential engine not to mention all the hassle putting a D in a cb.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

If you're on a tight budget the best idea would be to get another block from a junkyard. If you can't do that, rebuild it, or find a parts car to buy and swap it out. Past that, the smartest thing would be to buy an h22 sap, but that's $2200+, but that price is from hmotorsonline.com, which is sold out of h22 swaps as of now.
                            Originally posted by Quashish
                            hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

Originally posted by buyars View Post
                              WTF? how? A D series i can get for like 350 easy. the full swap. There is no way i can get a H22a for that.
                              h22 swap costs:
                              Motor ( trans optional )
                              ecu
                              exhaust welding

D series swap costs:
                              Motor
                              ecu
                              exhaust welding
                              custom transmission setup
                              custom mounts
                              custom axles
                              custom harness
                              and it will be mad SLOW. straining the engine on a daily basis under the strain of the heavier chassis will eventually break something.

F series motors are a dime a dozen possibly moreso than D series depending on your area. H>F>D
                              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I didn't read all the comments so I might repeat what someone already said but why not just buy another f22? They only run for like 350-450 without a tranny

Comment

Working...
                                X