Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pulled over by cops, brake lights out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled over by cops, brake lights out...

Only the middle light works, got a fix it ticket, no biggie, BUT...

Went home, took out the fuse, replaced with a extra one (10), nothing still. Checked the lights itself, nothing seems wrong, they're lighting up when I turn my lights on, but the brake light wont. What am I missing?

Help please?

I've never had to do anything with CB brake lights, and so maybe this is really stupid suggestion, but is there a separate bulb for the brake light from the regular rear lights?

I know some vehicles/rear light designs have separate brake bulbs for the brake lights, so might be worth seeing if your CB has this and whether they're burnt out...

Comment

separate bulbs for tail lights and brake lights.
      So are your tail lights out or your brake lights?
      have a look at this.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180225

look at post #8

Comment

Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
        separate bulbs for tail lights and brake lights.
        So are your tail lights out or your brake lights?
        have a look at this.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180225

look at post #8
        My daytime running lights work, my brake lights are out. There seperate lights? I see 2 bulbs, one is reverse the other is daytime lights I gather because when I turned on those lights, my lights lit up in the back, but when I hit the brakes, nothing lights up. Where is the brake light bulb at than?

Comment

could it possibly be the brake light switch on the pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss View Post
            One of the first thing I checked, although I didn't see any foul play on first glance, I will give it a second look first thing in the morning, too dark out right now

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss View Post
              Originally posted by Arith_90 View Post
              One of the first thing I checked, although I didn't see any foul play on first glance, I will give it a second look first thing in the morning, too dark out right now
              I think that's an awesome suggestion from Swiss, esp as it's weird that both burnt out at the same time, but didn't suggest it because you said the middle light was on:

Only the middle light works,
              I thought you meant the middle brake light, the one in the housing in the cabin on the package tray. If this light works when you brake, then the problem can't be in the pedal switch.

Where is the brake light bulb at than?
              If the pedal switch is good and you're checking your bulbs, just pull the various bulb attachments out of the housing, turn your lights on, whichever one doesn't light up is the culprit (obviously the bulb in the clear housing is the reverse). Try a new bulb, if that doesn't do it, time to look at wiring....

Comment

Aren't the bulbs dual-filament bulbs? That means that the filament for the turn signal could very well be intact while the filament for the brake signal could very well be broken. On both bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                  Aren't the bulbs dual-filament bulbs? That means that the filament for the turn signal could very well be intact while the filament for the brake signal could very well be broken. On both bulbs.
                  Turn signal has it's own bulb.

Taillight/Brake light is dual filament.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    Turn signal has it's own bulb.

Taillight/Brake light is dual filament.
                    Yep, just confirmed via the parts-store website. Get new bulbs, or check continuity on each filament before you buy if you are tight on cash.

Sorry, I mixed up "turn signal" and "tail light" in my post. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

I totally spaced the light working. Can I use the I was tired excuse?

Comment

Well, Im a idiot, it was the bulbs, both were burnt out and black inside, lol. Fixed, thanks everyone for the help

Comment

Atlest it was simple bro! dammn be happy for those stupid 1 ya kno,not welll guys i fount the problemits my whole wiring from trunk is friend,shorted gobbled the ecu lost tune ! huh
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Working...
                          X