Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
    $2500 for new panels and half sprayed? kinda steep, im getting charged the $2700 and im getting whole car sprays, new panels, jams and undercoat on wheel wells

That is how you should get your rust fixed and also remeber to use undercoat on the wheel wells and the rust of the underside of the car....spend an extra $50 for a gallon and clean then touch up the underside to ensure longer lasting.....i may just get new panels and paint car myself (single stage)
    Technically that figure also included my 92-93 trunk swap, 92-93 red/clears, OEM spoiler, and a few other touchups.

The work was top notch...ask anyone who saw my car.

Comment

warrior, where did you go to get this body work done?
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I'd like to get another rust free wagon, after 7 years in the northeast this one is showing signs of rust. Maybe a rust free EX wagon shell.... But my LX has served me so well the past 7 years that I can't part with it.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          Technically that figure also included my 92-93 trunk swap, 92-93 red/clears, OEM spoiler, and a few other touchups.

The work was top notch...ask anyone who saw my car.
          im sure it was, majority of expensive shops are expensive for a reason with the exception of a few thieves around but if ur sig was after paintjob i can kinda see diffrences, from rear doors on back it looks fresher (tad darker) than the front

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

DAM $2500 f**k that. well i did it myself with me my dad and my bro. cost was nothing since we had materials at home. primered the whole car my self at home. took it to my father inlaw before i did it myself. he told me 1000 for getting rid of rust and primering it. but damn 2500?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7trancebeast View Post
              DAM $2500 f**k that. well i did it myself with me my dad and my bro. cost was nothing since we had materials at home. primered the whole car my self at home. took it to my father inlaw before i did it myself. he told me 1000 for getting rid of rust and primering it. but damn 2500?
              yea but when u get a paint job like that, then your call will be looking as good as some of the members ride here, oh and wanted to add that i dont know why people mess up their cars by primering them with cans unless the rust on ur car is that bad i dont know why make it look primered and then keeping it that way for yrs and even end up selling it like that. my car has rust and i did a quick patch work and good oem paint and touched it up till i can get my professional paintjob.....

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

i cheaped out ghetto style.. took a grinder and cut off all the affected areas of my rear quarters, then replaced all the missing metal with many layers of fiberglass and some body putty to smooth it out.

after a harsh winter and a horrible summer, they are still strong and rust-free

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
                  i cheaped out ghetto style.. took a grinder and cut off all the affected areas of my rear quarters, then replaced all the missing metal with many layers of fiberglass and some body putty to smooth it out.

after a harsh winter and a horrible summer, they are still strong and rust-free
                  fiberglass is not as bad as people make em sound like, i did my old wagon like that and i did it right, same way you did yours but i tool a step futher and made sure everything had undercoat, that was about 3yrs and i see my old wagon once in a while and still looks clean

Comment

some people like primer theres alot of primer cars around dallas. some of them are straight sleepers. and primer isnt even that hard to paint with a paint gun

Comment

ok to fix it the right way your looking at about 34 labor hours, thats for complete run you outer quarters and inner to be replaced. minus the cost of the outer and inner quarters, outer's will run you $250 each from partstrain i beleve they are capa certifiyed, you can contact a honda dealership and they will give you the exact price for the outer and inner it will be oem if they carry it, for example 34 hours equals 1394 thats what i have to pay plus the price of outer and inner quarters' thats with my employee discount at the bodyshop i work for your's would be alot more about 3k +/- depending on the shop, so i hope your's isnt as bad as mine, thats abut the cost of doing it the right way, rember you get what you pay for.....

Comment

o and rember we drive hondas not crapy ford's doing it the right will will offer peace of mind, and it will protect the car's resale value/body

Comment

there is no cheap way to fix rust damages, those fibreglass and bondo fixes... they look good for few year, then you must make it again, only bigger area at this time.

only cutting out all rusty metal, and replacing with new panels is right way to do, if you want that last longer than few years.

secondly, witch is more ridgid; sheet metal or bondo/fiberglass?
                          WTS / WTB

Comment

Originally posted by cb7trancebeast View Post
                            Right...but then factor in paint.

I'm sure I could have spent $1000 and had a car in primer. I preferred not to. I have no problem justifying my decision.
                            Last edited by AccordWarrior; 09-20-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                              im sure it was, majority of expensive shops are expensive for a reason with the exception of a few thieves around but if ur sig was after paintjob i can kinda see diffrences, from rear doors on back it looks fresher (tad darker) than the front
                              Yeah...it wasn't a perfect blend...but the front paint was 15 years old at the time...it held up well. I wish I could have done the whole car at the time...but I was a poor college student.

The body guy did a lot...painted all the interior of the panels...used all the OEM weld points...it was beautiful.

Comment

do you have any pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X