Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ebay hytech replica questions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay hytech replica questions?

Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KiddR...Q5fAccessories
    My questions are if anybody has these or had any experience with them. such as a noticeable gain or any fitment issues with them.
    Any info will be appreciated

Not trying to be an ass.
    But you should know from previous threads about ebay products, being that most of the time they are junk.

Comment

I know that. This will be my first EBAY no name product i am thinking about seriuosly buying

Comment

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313773
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

THnx for the link. THe main reason i was asking if anybody had these on a cb was to see if there were any issues with the fittment such as ground clearance or if i will have to modify the crossmember or if its long enough.

Comment

That is NOT an eBay header. It is the KiddRacing H22 Tri-Y Swap Header for Civics and Accords.

Mike Kidd is an up and coming tuner on Honda-Tech. His company specializes in swap headers and turbo manifolds. His header is pretty good. As a matter of fact I have it myself and am VERY satisfied. I haven't dynoed it yet however because I'm waiting to upgrade my valvetrain for the Skunk2 Pro Cams I have in my garage, but you will definitely see a difference. If you're going to order a header off of eBay, this is the one to have.

This header got me in the high 140s as far as top speed, I can only imagine what it will do tuned. Be aware however that this header makes its peak power up in the higher part of the H22's powerband; you won't notice too much down low; primarily after you engage VTEC. Fitment is better than stock, it hugs the oil pan like it's holding on for dear life. Installation was a breeze. Assembling it takes a little muscle, so don't give up when you first pull it out of the box.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              That is NOT an eBay header. It is the KiddRacing H22 Tri-Y Swap Header for Civics and Accords.

Mike Kidd is an up and coming tuner on Honda-Tech. His company specializes in swap headers and turbo manifolds. His header is pretty good. As a matter of fact I have it myself and am VERY satisfied. I haven't dynoed it yet however because I'm waiting to upgrade my valvetrain for the Skunk2 Pro Cams I have in my garage, but you will definitely see a difference. If you're going to order a header off of eBay, this is the one to have.

This header got me in the high 140s as far as top speed, I can only imagine what it will do tuned. Be aware however that this header makes its peak power up in the higher part of the H22's powerband; you won't notice too much down low; primarily after you engage VTEC. Fitment is better than stock, it hugs the oil pan like it's holding on for dear life. Installation was a breeze. Assembling it takes a little muscle, so don't give up when you first pull it out of the box.
              I guess you fail to realize that every header he "makes" is a RIP-OFF of the only good R&D'd headers out there, like Hytech, SMSP, Bisi, etc.

It's people like this dirt bag that make the really good shops close up because everyone just buys the rip-off for 1/2 the price, so they never recoupe their money spent on R&D.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                I guess you fail to realize that every header he "makes" is a RIP-OFF of the only good R&D'd headers out there, like Hytech, SMSP, Bisi, etc.

It's people like this dirt bag that make the really good shops close up because everyone just buys the rip-off for 1/2 the price, so they never recoupe their money spent on R&D.
                Quoted for truth.

When someone makes an inferior product, using inferior materials, and stealing the expensive R&D of another reputable company... they do serious damage to that reputable company. Buying knockoff stuff like this is what kills our aftermarket. It will keep the good companies from providing products for us, or worse, cause them to fold completely.

It's guys like this that caused Bisi to go all-out in his group-buys. He's barely making a profit, if at all, on the headers he sells right now... but he's battling with these knock off artists. He's offering his header at a price those guys can't beat, so they won't flood the market with inferior versions of his quality parts.

Will it work? Probably. Will it work well? Probably. Will it last? Maybe. If it's a faithful copy of the Hytech design, then yes, it's good. However, fitment might be slightly off. The welds might be weak. The metal might be thin. The cost-cutting comes from somewhere. Not having to do his own R&D helps, but costs are being cut in the quality of the materials and manufacturing as well, you can bet on that.

I love how this became the "Tri-Y" header. "Tri-Y" is a generic term meaning 4-2-1. 4 pipes into 2 pipes (that's two "Y"s) and then those 2 pipes into 1 pipe (the third "Y"). That's all. It's not some clever name this tool made up.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post

Rip off the good ones? Before you can call it a rip off, who has the so-called "original header"? Hytech....SMSP....RMF...Rage....Six Sigma....they all have been in concert with each other in some way over the years. But what happens? One breaks off from the other, makes a copycat design and enjoys some success. Yes of course Bisi has a completely new re-design of his own. But really now, how much different can people engineer a header? Not to knock him at all but if we stood his side to side to all the others there would be some similarities.

Now I'm not going to lie, price was definitely a factor. And if you look at my post history you would know I'd be the first in line to give Bisi a reach-around. (No Homo) However I'm not building an all out N/A project; as well as I don't have $1500 to drop on a header. I just wanted a cost-effective header for the short term while I build my turbo project. Would I still be throwing above said companies/people under the bus had I just settled for a DC Sports or Megan header?

Does the thing work? Yes. Does it work well? Yes. Will it last? We'll have to wait and see. I've had it for 6 months so far but I WILL dyno it as soon as time allows.

Comment

knock off headers are junk. I found out on my s2000 with my knock off of a Megan header. The piping is smaller and quality is lacking.
                    Last edited by D1sclaimer; 08-08-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

RMF uses a Bisimoto prototype, as the guy that makes them used to be Bisi's fabricator. Yet another shady business, IMO.

If this design was original, done with proper R&D, or just slapped together with the idea that "hey, pipes are pipes"... then that's fine. But from the title of this thread, I'm going on the assumption that it's a low-cost reproduction of the more expensive Hytech design. That's shady. That's unfair. Technically, it's copyright infringement, and illegal. Of course, a minor change avoids that charge.

Still, if they're selling the header using Hytech's design, but skimping on the quality of the material and labor, then they are indeed hurting the industry as a whole.

This doesn't compare to DC Sports or Megan (which shouldn't be grouped together... as the Megan header is pretty much a direct copy of the DC Sports piece.) However, both are mass-produced, and both had little actual R&D involved.

Use fried chicken as an example. You can make fried chicken using a generic recipe. You can make fried chicken using Grandma's secret blend of spices... which makes it unique. You could make fried chicken using KFC's special blend of spices... which would get you sued.

A generic "header" is fine. A header with your own true R&D is like Grandma's recipe. A header that is a blatant rip-off of a quality design is stealking KFC's recipe. I have no respect for people that think it's ok to undercut a respectable company, and sell their design for less using inferior materials and craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post
                        knock off headers are junk. I found out on my s2000 with my knock off of a Megan header. The piping is smaller and quality is lacking.
                        Knockoff of a Megan header? Everything Megan makes is already a knockoff! That's like being an Elvis impersonator impersonator!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Knockoff of a Megan header? Everything Megan makes is already a knockoff! That's like being an Elvis impersonator impersonator!
                          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Well I guess that leaves us at a stalemate. When it comes to the header market, IMHO it really boils down to what YOU want for yourself. But I guess that really could be said for most parts. But specific to headers you have 3 choices, much like gasoline:

Regular - eBay/Unknown Companies that mass produce basically a steel pipe from your exhaust ports down to your cat; which can be had for sometimes less than $100.

Plus - Knockoff/Imitator Companies that copy expensive designs but use slightly less materials, or easier methods to mass produce a header with no R&D for prices between $275-$500

Premium - Name Brand/Race Teams/Renowned Shops that make crazy designs that will maximize flow and are custom designed for your engine and in many cases particular setup for prices usually in excess $750.

Comment

Yes, but you're failing to see the big picture. When you support these knockoff artists, you're killing our aftermarket.

Email Bisi, or one of his staff members. They'll explain to you from firsthand experience what "companies" like this do to the respectable companies out there. Bisimoto, Hytech, SMSP... these aren't big-budget companies. When some asshole comes along and steals their hard work, and starts selling an inferior version of it at a price that the REAL item could never be sold for, it drives them out of business.

It's not about having a mid-range option. It's about supporting someone that is killing the industry.

Comment

Working...
                              X