Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short ram air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short ram air intake

My uncle has a short ram air intake that he's going to give to me and I want one really bad for the look and the sound.
    I was wondering how many of you guy's have short ram air intakes and how much do you like them?
    I'm getting it just to get something aftermarket on my car be cause everything is stock right now.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Bump. Anybody like - don't like their air intake?

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

huh,,

Bro its up 2 u in what u want i would run the short ram but i would adv the idle to 1k just 2 get more out that short ram intake..what brand of fiter is it ?..
      " its just a single cam "

Comment

Yea, I have a short ram. It is pretty nice, purrs good and that *soooop* sound is pretty amazing. Make sure you get an intake that matches your car. It needs to have all the stuffs so you can hook the intake sensor etc back up to it, otherwise youll throw codes.

Also, an intake is only as good as the filter it uses. Make sure you have a good one, doesnt have to be k&n but its important to buy a very nice one.
        So if it was me, I would take a stock intake with a k&n filter over an aftermarket intake with a ebay filter(or equivalent).
        PSN
        Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
        2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
        2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
        1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
        1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

good article if you wanna understand more about the filters airflow, which is important

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

To tell you guy's the truth the filter on it is K&N.

IDK what to call it but what is that tiny looking filter that you can put on the valve cover? Sorry if it's a noob ? just curious.

^^^^^
            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Valve cover breather

Underground.Society
              Originally posted by Deevergote
              If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Ok. Im guessing I should get one?

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

A Valve cover breather that is.

Im for sure getting the air intake.

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 93layback View Post
                    Bro its up 2 u in what u want i would run the short ram but i would adv the idle to 1k just 2 get more out that short ram intake..what brand of fiter is it ?..
                    Because he needs to have better performance sitting still at idle? What's your reasoning behind this advice?

OP - as everyone's said, go for it, get a good filter and enjoy!

Comment

I have a generic ebay short ram with a K&N filter and I love it. It sounds great, although the performance gains are not very noticable at all.

Comment

man i got one and i'm selling it your better getting a cold air intake

Comment

adv idle..

I feel since i went and i adv the idle to 1k i felt better getup with the short ram .. but now iam runnin Aem cold air and i cant tell now all i hear is a deep suckin sound with the cold air intake .
                          " its just a single cam "

Comment

I'm a short-ram person myself. You might lose a bit in the low end, tires probably won't spin on take off anymore (automatic), but you'll like the little giddy up in your top end. Plus the sound's pretty nice. Sometimes I wish my exhaust wasn't as loud, so I could hear the intake still. short-ram was my first and favorite mod!
                            98' Mustang 3V Swap
                            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by rodriguezyadir View Post
                              man i got one and i'm selling it your better getting a cold air intake
                              someone didn't read the rules.

to the O.P. i have a short ram, and a valve cover breather. both look cool but really not much on the hp gains. espcially the valve cover breather
                              Last edited by chillin943; 08-11-2009, 02:07 AM.

the rebuild!
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Working...
                              X